Thread: 5 non-OL TC questions the Steelers must answer.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

5 non-OL TC questions the Steelers must answer.

http://steelcurtainrising.com/2021/0...offensive-line

Nothing solid of course but very interesting to talk about and see what the overall feeling is on here.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: 5 non-OL TC questions the Steelers must answer.

our ILBs played very poorly against the Cowgirls:

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Very interested in question #1
    I was concerned about ILB before the draft,,,,,,,,, then it got worse.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The ILB duo of Bush and VW was one of the best. Now VW retires and Bush has acted a bit off center lately. Replacements are Allen, who is a bit on the small side. Spillane, who is a bit on the slow side. Buddy Johnson, who is a bit on the rookie side. And UG3, who is a bit on the injury prone side. Which leaves Killebrew and Scales, who are very much on the backup side.

I think maybe some combination of Roche, Ingram, Jamir, Watt, and Highsmith is a better option to put beside Bush. My hope is Buddy Johnson is a fast learner.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I was dead set against the Johnson pick, totally because I didn't know anything about him. I'm more comfortable with him now, but like you said, he's a rookie, and a rookie will play like a rookie. Bush doesn't worry me much,, yet,, and Spillane did a pretty good job filling in last year. So if everything works out perfect we could come out OK. If I am seeing this wrong please put my mind at ease.

AML

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The biggest question is... is Bush gonna play like the 10th pick of the draft or just be a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I was dead set against the Johnson pick, totally because I didn't know anything about him. I'm more comfortable with him now, but like you said, he's a rookie, and a rookie will play like a rookie. Bush doesn't worry me much,, yet,, and Spillane did a pretty good job filling in last year. So if everything works out perfect we could come out OK. If I am seeing this wrong please put my mind at ease.
    I wish I could put minds at ease. As of today we really just have to hope we have VW's replacement. I didn't think Spillane did a terrible job last season and Allen seems to play faster and a bit bigger than you would expect. Glad to have Bush back though.

The talk around the AFCNorth is always QB, but if you look at the RB talent in this division it is pretty scary too. That is really where I worry most about ILB talent on this defense.