Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vince Williams announces his retirement

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Vince Williams announces his retirement

just saw on twitter

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Vince Williams announces his retirement

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

One of my favorites. Kind of surprising. Godspeed.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just 1 week ago he's "not going down without a fight." Today he's retiring completely? Doesn't make sense without more info.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He’s one of my favorites.

Of all the players from his draft clsss, only 10 played in more games than he did. Pretty remarkable for a 6th round pick.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Just 1 week ago he's "not going down without a fight." Today he's retiring completely? Doesn't make sense without more info.

Life can change in a heartbeat.

He has been a Steeler to his core.

He had a wonderful career.

He will be missed more as a person than a player.

I wish him all the best.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

They will take another look at Avery Williamson because he is familiar w/the defense. Other than that who is out there? Haskins' wife?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They will take another look at Avery Williamson because he is familiar w/the defense. Other than that who is out there? Haskins' wife?
    Is Hassan Reddick or Nigel Bradham available? Not sure they are much better than what they have…but experienced bodies.

Burfict? Lol. Haskins wife v. Burfict could be entertaining.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is Hassan Reddick or Nigel Bradham available? Not sure they are much better than what they have…but experienced bodies.

Burfict? Lol. Haskins wife v. Burfict could be entertaining.
    Redick signed w/Carolina. No idea on anyone else. First look will be Avery and then if he wants too much money then I have no idea who is out there.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Hopefully Buddy Johnson and Allen step up

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I don't follow the CAP stuff so what happens to Vince's cap $$$?

Can we use it to throw a Avery Williamson? He would be the logical fit and with a full camp to prepare I think a great addition.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I don't follow the CAP stuff so what happens to Vince's cap $$$?

Can we use it to throw a Avery Williamson? He would be the logical fit and with a full camp to prepare I think a great addition.
    His contract money goes back to the Steelers. Since he retired (and not “cut”), I’m assuming he’d have to forfeit the signing bonus.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    His contract money goes back to the Steelers. Since he retired (and not “cut”), I’m assuming he’d have to forfeit the signing bonus.
    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/07/st...ms-retirement/

Looks like it has zero cap impact because VW was on a vet minimum deal, had no guaranteed cash, and only had a cap hit of $850K this year (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur...illiams-12488/).

I THINK...that means his $850K savings is just soaked up by the other "top 53" contracts that make up the contracts used to calculate the team salary cap during the expanded roster portion of the off-season.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ning-camp-news

Putting this here since it goes with Vince's retirement according to the article.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Maybe he just didn’t need the money - not worth the COVID protocols to come??

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Maybe he just didn’t need the money - not worth the COVID protocols to come??
    I'm thinking there are a lot of players gonna retire since they are trying to enforce the death jab. Before you come at me how bout do your research on this so called "vaccine"

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

lol, the "death jab", yeah cause so many people died from getting vaccinated. I sure as hell know more people who died from Covid than the vaccine

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I'm thinking there are a lot of players gonna retire since they are trying to enforce the death jab. Before you come at me how bout do your research on this so called "vaccine"

I'm thinking that there's more constructive ways to voice your opinion other than calling the vaccine a "death jab." You invite an argument with a statement like that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Now Deandre Hopkins is questioning his future in the NFL because of this push by the league - kind of supporting of my theory on VW’s retirement, he probably knew it was coming, he had a couple good years left in him - I thought

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Good f@$king Lord, really? Please educate yourself……and others.

Wesley Woodyard?

They had the option to opt out long before any of this occurred and knew that the NFL would be putting rules in place to protect their employees. They chose not to opt out…so instead they will choose retirement? Sounds smart.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    I'm thinking that there's more constructive ways to voice your opinion other than calling the vaccine a "death jab." You invite an argument with a statement like that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    What do you call it??? More people have died from the vaccine than Covid worldwide. Do your research and not MSM. I'm tired of people blindly following along and not know what truly is going on but you will know the truth very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They had the option to opt out long before any of this occurred and knew that the NFL would be putting rules in place to protect their employees. They chose not to opt out…so instead they will choose retirement? Sounds smart.
    I don't blame them for retiring. It's ALL bullshit for them to do something like this that violates their constitutional rights. I think people have forgotten what their rights are and this is why we are becoming a communist country. They are taking it away right before our eyes but everybody is like "oh well." I think I'm done with sports or anything that caters to this ideology. I think all the players should step up and put an end to this. The league is nothing without the players. Everyone getting this experimental vaccine is gonna be deathly ill in 3 years or less. It has nothing to do with Covid!! Btw, the teams with the most vaccinated players will be the teams that will have the most "Covid" cases. Happening worldwide!!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

What do you call it??? More people have died from the vaccine than Covid worldwide. Do your research and not MSM. I'm tired of people blindly following along and not know what truly is going on but you will know the truth very soon.

So you’re saying that more than 4 million people have died from the vaccine. Please share your source for this information.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    So you’re saying that more than 4 million people have died from the vaccine. Please share your source for this information.
    there is a difference in dying FROM covid and dying WITH covid and that is the disconnect the media doesnt report on ...

everyone that died WITH covid was reported from dying FROM covid you know because death was incentivized at the tune of $13,500 for the designation ... so in hospice with terminal cancer with 2 weeks or less to live contract covid and you passed away they gave the Covid designation and collected the extra money ... its well documented and even broadcast on your TV people just failed to listen .. and no I am not talking about OAN or Newsmax or any other media a liberal would consider "fake" I am talking mainstream ABC news ... only like 1 in 100 of the deaths reported was actually FROM covid all the rest was from preexisting conditions and even accidental death ...

Last edited by Dwinsgames; 07-23-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Does someone have a link to 'Vince Williams retired due to league COVID protocols/vaccines'? I don't really care either way so I'm not confronting or attacking, simply asking.