Thread: Malik Hooker

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Malik Hooker

guessing he signs with Steelers by days end ....

not sure why " steelers not done adding" thread was closed ...

but here we are
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Malik Hooker

That’d be sweet

- - - Updated - - -

Re closed thread, Benny Snell must be a mod here. Seriously, it takes 8 years to ban a troll like tom44 but a legit thread gets closed for no reason/explanation.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That’d be sweet

- - - Updated - - -

Re closed thread, Benny Snell must be a mod here. Seriously, it takes 8 years to ban a troll like tom44 but a legit thread gets closed for no reason/explanation.

Some things are completely unexplainable.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

that's gonna be an expensive ass hooker, hope it's worth it

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Well, no news that the signing has been made and it's past 8pm EST

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Well, no news that the signing has been made and it's past 8pm EST
    That's it, ban Dwinsgames ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    That's it, ban Dwinsgames ...
    damn

Member Array title="Disco1981 has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    damn
    Yooooouuuurrrre fired!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Where did the latest rumor originate? I'm pretty sure the local Steelers beat writers have expressed doubts that the Steelers sign Malik Hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Where did the latest rumor originate? I'm pretty sure the local Steelers beat writers have expressed doubts that the Steelers sign Malik Hooker.

steelers nation tweeted something about a major signing gonna happen soon and Hooker replied with a bunch of smiling faces and a shhhh dont tell nobody ...

so I was told I dont use twitter any more ( banned )

as for the beat writers , they dont know any more than us ... a bunch of talkin heads with no real information ...

[IMG][/IMG]

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Steelers wanted Justin Houston, but signed Melvin Ingram for half the cost… leaving room for Malik Hooker.

Or, Steven Nelson.

Or, Gareon Conley.

Benny Snell to the Rams for a 5th (that could turn into a 4th with playing time).

A major trade (including the 5th/4th for Snell) for Xavien Howard. Howard is very unhappy that he hasn’t been extended; the Steelers have the MOST cap space of any NFL team in 2022. Unlike Nelson (who didn’t understand the concept of “delayed gratification”), Howard is smart enough to come here, sign a new deal that pays for the final year of his current contract… but, with a HUGE signing bonus that can be pushed to next year’s cap. After Ingram was signed, Terance Garvin (currently a Dolphin) tweeted that the Steelers are “not done yet” and that “biggg news” was coming.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Steelers wanted Justin Houston, but signed Melvin Ingram for half the cost… leaving room for Malik Hooker.

Or, Steven Nelson.

Or, Gareon Conley.

Benny Snell to the Rams for a 5th (that could turn into a 4th with playing time).

A major trade (including the 5th/4th for Snell) for Xavien Howard. Howard is very unhappy that he hasn’t been extended; the Steelers have the MOST cap space of any NFL team in 2022. Unlike Nelson (who didn’t understand the concept of “delayed gratification”), Howard is smart enough to come here, sign a new deal that pays for the final year of his current contract… but, with a HUGE signing bonus that can be pushed to next year’s cap. After Ingram was signed, Terance Garvin (currently a Dolphin) tweeted that the Steelers are “not done yet” and that “biggg news” was coming.
    You're the Adam Schefter of Steelers Universe!

Signs with the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Signs with the Cowboys

Boooooooooooo

At least it wasn’t the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Maybe the Snell for Howard trade happens now?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Maybe the Snell for Howard trade happens now?

I personally do not see that because ...

Howard wants a new deal , he just signed a 5 year extension 2 years ago worth 75 million ( he has 3 years left on his contract )

would be really hard to give a guy a new deal when he is already making that much coin and give away draft capital too

toss in the Dolphins are wanting a high pick ( per reports ) .......

I am starting to think perhaps the big signing they are supposed to ( rumored ) announce is one of their own such as TJ Watt extension ?? maybe that was what Garvin was even talking about ( he was a LB here maybe he and TJ are close ?? ) IDK just surmising at this point

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I personally do not see that because ...

Howard wants a new deal , he just signed a 5 year extension 2 years ago worth 75 million ( he has 3 years left on his contract )

would be really hard to give a guy a new deal when he is already making that much coin and give away draft capital too

toss in the Dolphins are wanting a high pick ( per reports ) .......

I am starting to think perhaps the big signing they are supposed to ( rumored ) announce is one of their own such as TJ Watt extension ?? maybe that was what Garvin was even talking about ( he was a LB here maybe he and TJ are close ?? ) IDK just surmising at this point
    https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news...-xavien-howard

This was an interesting read...

I just do not know how anyone pays that kind of price tag knowing full well he is making 12 million a year now and wants more ( rumored he wants Ramsey money and that is 20 million a year ) ...

so you got to pay him what just a few years ago was franchise QB money and give up player and draft capital ...

thats a hard sell for me and not something I see the Steelers doing but who knows

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Dolphins might not want to trade disgruntled DBs with the Steelers again anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boooooooooooo
    I apologize, I jumped the gun, my Son said he signed...He is in Dallas now for a second visit...But has not signed yet!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

You're wrong about the bear writers, notwithstanding your example from the draft. A lot of national guys get their information from agents. However, the beat writers have access nobody else has.

Few people rated Terrell Edmunds as a first rounder. If you remember, most of Steelers Nation were quite taken aback by the selection, and not in a positive way either.

The conjecture sites, like BTSC, Steelers Depot, Steelers Wire, etc take information from TV and the internet and analyze and opine. None of what they do has any basis in reality but there own, especially the stuff written by our old OSMB friend Curt Popejoy. Those folks are the ones just like us, but they get paid for their opinion.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    After Ingram was signed, Terance Garvin (currently a Dolphin) tweeted that the Steelers are “not done yet” and that “biggg news” was coming.
    In hindsight, this was the announcement by Bince ​about his retirement.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Assuming Hooker signs with Dallas, it may be as simple as taking an opportunity to start over a backup role.