Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Ruddy: Biden's Good Job on the Vaccine

Pres. Biden’s March White House speech announcing key goals of the vaccine rollout. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
    By Christopher RuddyTuesday, 20 July 2021

As a journalist, I believe in giving credit where it’s due.

Six months into his administration, President Joe Biden should be applauded for making a huge dent in the COVID pandemic. He inherited an effective vaccine from President Donald Trump, took it into his arms, and ran with it.

The success of this approach has been obvious. Serious deaths and hospitalizations (the most important COVID data) have collapsed. Meanwhile, Biden’s approval numbers have been high, despite a bitter election and a polarizing political environment.

The recent Real Clear Politics average has him with a 52 percent job approval, against a disapproval of 43 percent – a nine-point positive spread. And the IBD/TIPP poll, one of the most accurate of the 2020 election, has him even better with 54 percent approval – a 16-point positive spread against his 38 percent disapproval.

I personally like what Biden has done with the vaccine. He started by embracing the Trump-backed vaccine. I heard that in the early days of the administration, Biden himself was on a call discussing the rollout of the vaccine with some at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and others, wanting delays in the rollout. Biden himself would have none of it. He took charge in the call and said there would be no delay.

After that, Biden pushed for relaxed mask and social distancing guidelines from the CDC, to the consternation of "lockdown" Democratic governors like Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California.

And rightfully, his White House has pushed back against calls for mandatory vaccinations (which has little public support; even the major teachers unions oppose such a move).

The bottom line: The vaccines are safe and effective. More than 3.6 billion shots have been given worldwide, and some 338 million here in the U.S. alone. Meanwhile, deaths caused by the coronavirus have fallen to record lows, with almost negligible side effects to those vaccinated.

At Newsmax, we have strongly advocated for the public to be vaccinated. The many medical experts who have appeared on our network have been near unanimous in support of the vaccine. I myself have gotten the Pfizer vaccine.

There’s no question in my mind, countless lives would have been saved if the vaccine was available earlier. (cont.)

https://www.newsmax.com/ruddy/vaccin...20/id/1029248/

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

But... News Max bad.... and fake... and not news... and...........................

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    But... News Max bad.... and fake... and not news... and...........................
    its only a a quotable source when they agree with what they have to say
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Be honest. Newsmax is more right-biased of a media outlet than Fox is. Some would compare it to how left-biased that CNN is.

So if their CEO is writing an op ed piece like this and quoting things like a 54% approval rating...he is likely slanting it. So considerably more than half of the population of the US approves of what Sleepy Joe is doing!! Lets ponder that for a while. The majority of America approves of the job that Biden is doing.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Why would you care about this? Newsmax is fake news for morons who are easily duped, right?

Ohhhhhh. Now I get why you are interested.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Biden hasn’t done anything that is credit-worthy yet. He’s got four years though, so I have a slight hope.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Biden hasn’t done anything that is credit-worthy yet. He’s got four years though, so I have a slight hope.
    Glad you're reasonable enough to give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Glad you're reasonable enough to give him a chance
    Yes, good to see some sense of reason, in the hope that the nation is successful.

But honestly, with the fracture of the right into 2 distinct factions, the 2024 election will be a 3 party race and the Dems likely get 8 years. That is unless somebody can unite Conservative voters, which I really dont see happening.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ok so continuing Trump's vaccination policy is the only positive thing someone has said he has done in 6 months. Also liberal-biased pollsters still can't jack up Biden's approval to 55%? That's not a good sign for him

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Be honest. Newsmax is more right-biased of a media outlet than Fox is. Some would compare it to how left-biased that CNN is.

So if their CEO is writing an op ed piece like this and quoting things like a 54% approval rating...he is likely slanting it. So considerably more than half of the population of the US approves of what Sleepy Joe is doing!! Lets ponder that for a while. The majority of America approves of the job that Biden is doing.
    Of course it's more right biased than Fox. Fox is really not a right biased network. The guy that runs Fox is not a Republican...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

US approves of what Sleepy Joe is doing!! Lets ponder that for a while. The majority of America approves of the job that Biden is doing.
    I suppose that depends on how you view things. I've read that even Democrats aren't happy with Biden and what's happening to this country. You will see things the way you want to see them... on both sides.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Biden and Brady having a good time. That's why Biden's such a great president. Unlike President Trump, Biden is human.

Last edited by willy; 07-21-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Of course it's more right biased than Fox. Fox is really not a right biased network. The guy that runs Fox is not a Republican...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying that "Fox is really not a right biased network". So do you think Fox is centrist in its views and reporting??

Could you give us some examples of some of their centrist reporting, if they are not Right biased? I really would like to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So you are saying that "Fox is really not a right biased network". So do you think Fox is centrist in its views and reporting??

Could you give us some examples of some of their centrist reporting, if they are not Right biased? I really would like to hear it.
    No, I'm saying Fox isn't as right biased as it was in the past. It is definitely right biased, still. From what I've read and heard, the person running the show isn't particularly enamored with the Conservative ideal, but Fox is a ratings success, so............... I don't watch Fox much at all. I prefer Newsmax.

Newsmax is a much more Conservative network IMO.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

So Newsman is even more fake than Fox?

Hey, you're right. I just watched about 5 minutes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    So Newsman is even more fake than Fox?

Hey, you're right. I just watched about 5 minutes of it.
    Well Tom, that's how YOU see it, as I would expect of you. I feel exactly the same way about CNN and MSNBC, as you would expect of me.

Well Tom, that's how YOU see it, as I would expect of you. I feel exactly the same way about CNN and MSNBC, as you would expect of me.
    Except that I would also say that CNN and MSNBC are bias.

Except that I would also say that CNN and MSNBC are bias.
    How about that... we agree that all 4 of the "news channels" are biased . Where does that leave the vast majority of this country to get real news? No where that I can find.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

How about that... we agree that all 4 of the "news channels" are biased . Where does that leave the vast majority of this country to get real news? No where that I can find.
    All information sources have a bias to one degree or another. Eliminating bias is not a realistic goal. Eliminating flat-out lies, misinformation, and conspiracy theories is a somewhat realistic goal. Looking for verifiable information behind a claim or news story is an easy solution for this in the internet age. If you only see the "fact" on one random Twitter feed from someone with no claim to expertise or knowledge...it is likely a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    All information sources have a bias to one degree or another. Eliminating bias is not a realistic goal. Eliminating flat-out lies, misinformation, and conspiracy theories is a somewhat realistic goal. Looking for verifiable information behind a claim or news story is an easy solution for this in the internet age. If you only see the "fact" on one random Twitter feed from someone with no claim to expertise or knowledge...it is likely a lie.
    That's the difference and right now in the US we have a serious misinformation and conspiracy theory problem.

That's the difference and right now in the US we have a serious misinformation and conspiracy theory problem.
    On both sides.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

On both sides.
    That's true to some extent, but it's skewed heavily toward this new Trump cult (I won't call them Republicans or conservatives because they're anything but). I've been mostly right-leaning my entire life (never voted for a democrat until this last election) and in 2016 it's really shocking to see what the party has become. Voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 because I refused to give my vote to either Trump or Hillary lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That and we have a total lack of a bullshit meter problem. I have no idea how people will scoff at the statements and claims of organizations and individuals with extensive experiences and expertise but totally believe some shirtless dude ranting into his phone from the inside of his car.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Exactly. The guy has said some stupid ass shit to that would have caused the media to EXPLODE if Trump said them. His hooker/VP hasn't been much better either.

Biden: "Blacks can't get attorneys and accounts" ... LOL, oh boy.

Heals up: "People in the middle of the country don't know where to get stuff copied."

Now imagine if Trump said those things.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Exactly. The guy has said some stupid ass shit to that would have caused the media to EXPLODE if Trump said them. His hooker/VP hasn't been much better either.

Biden: "Blacks can't get attorneys and accounts" ... LOL, oh boy.

Heals up: "People in the middle of the country don't know where to get stuff copied."

Now imagine if Trump said those things.
    Also dementia joe: blacks and Hispanics don't k own how to use the internet

Now watch the liberals on here say "mIsInFoRmAtIoN!!"

That and we have a total lack of a bullshit meter problem. I have no idea how people will scoff at the statements and claims of organizations and individuals with extensive experiences and expertise but totally believe some shirtless dude ranting into his phone from the inside of his car.
    It's hard to believe people are falling for this stuff. It must be filling a need of some kind.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mojouw….do you mean that from the right…and the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Mojouw….do you mean that from the right…and the left?
    Of course. Ranting idiots on YouTube and Twitter from either side are intended to be ignored. Not amplified and used as proof of concept.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

[IMG][/IMG]
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

It's hard to believe people are falling for this stuff. It must be filling a need of some kind.
    It's a huge reason why I couldn't get behind Trump. It's one thing to be full of shit (all politicians are to some extent), but another thing when you're flat out wrong, and not admit being wrong, but doubling down on it. Integrity matters to me a lot, and that man has none.

In any case these last 2 elections were shit, our choices were basically dumb & dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It's a huge reason why I couldn't get behind Trump. It's one thing to be full of shit (all politicians are to some extent), but another thing when you're flat out wrong, and not admit being wrong, but doubling down on it. Integrity matters to me a lot, and that man has none.

In any case these last 2 elections were shit, our choices were basically dumb & dumber
    I was a Republican my whole life until about ten years ago. Now they're nuts.