Thread: How many have ever heard about this?

Senior Member Array title="Penglose is just really nice">

How many have ever heard about this?

I know I wasn't aware of it until someone at the gym told me about it Mon. night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roof_knocking

Roof knocking
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roof knocking (Hebrew: הקש בגג)[1] or "knocks on the roof" is a term used by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to describe its practice of dropping non-explosive or low-yield devices on the roofs of targeted civilian homes[2] in the Palestinian territories as a prior warning of imminent bombing attacks to give the inhabitants time to flee the attack.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9] The practice was employed by the IDF during the 2008–2009 Gaza War, Operation Pillar of Defense in 2012, and Operation Protective Edge in 2014 to target the homes of police officers or Hamas political or military leaders.[10]

During the October 2023 Gaza−Israel conflict a strike by IDF on a high-rise building in Gaza reportedly also came after roof knocking.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: How many have ever heard about this?

Did you find the wrong forum? You have 4 posts and none of them are about the Steelers. Asking for a friend.

I'm honored that my posts are so interesting that someone is keeping track. Thank you. You have 9443 posts. How much of your time do you spend keeping track of how many posts someone makes in different forums. Again, I'm honored. But i guess to reply to your question directly, the first forum I check every day is the Steelers forum. When I can contribute something useful, I won't hesitate. I don't to post just so I can see my thoughts on my laptop. Or to get attention for myself. I'd pass it off as a coincidence at this point. Please pass this on to your friend. Then ask him for me, "Who cares?" Your friend shy?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm honored that you're honored. I'll tell my friend and he'll be honored too.

Good. That settles that. As I said, when the Steelers topics shift a bit, hopefully when they get better and every topic isn't fire Tomlin or Canada. Not much to discuss there now. But at the same time, I do enjoy Politics. Always something there to discuss.