Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Nope, you said yourself, no conditions on crazy. You accept any of it, you are ALL-IN. The violence of the radical left, the racism, the authoritarianism, the outright foolishness, all of it. No backtracking just because it's you. And don't lie, you've shown a bit more than passive support for the left-wing crazies, a lot more than just clicking on a link and the other behavior that you just gave the big tut-tut to. What an outrageous hypocrite. But this is nothing new.
    You're conflating things to make yourself feel better again.

This has been argued repeatedly if the right doesn't include white supremacists and other criminal elements than you can't have it the other way around when you want to characterize the left.

This is not as difficult as you make it out to be.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You're conflating things to make yourself feel better again.

This has been argued repeatedly if the right doesn't include white supremacists and other criminal elements than you can't have it the other way around when you want to characterize the left.

This is not as difficult as you make it out to be.
    See, the difference is that the hate groups and the racists on the right are extremists who are held in contempt. Whereas the left has made hate and racism into part of their mainstream ideology and just tried to give them clever labels and new names. The modern left is really nothing more than a poorly disguised hate group, whose more "moderate" members are either in denial, or are uncomfortable and deflect it with bullshit, like pointing fingers and saying both sides are the same. But no, they're not. It's not both sides doing it, it's just you.

Just to recap for the slow people: I am not saying anything here to make myself feel better. I am saying it to make you feel like the asshole that you are.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Well, you can't spell "Shit Barometer" without T-O-M.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It's a huge reason why I couldn't get behind Trump. It's one thing to be full of shit (all politicians are to some extent), but another thing when you're flat out wrong, and not admit being wrong, but doubling down on it. Integrity matters to me a lot, and that man has none.

In any case these last 2 elections were shit, our choices were basically dumb & dumber
    I can get that, but the key this last election was to look past Trump's ego. Everyone knows his is gigantic. But take a second and go back and look at how many times people said he was dead wrong and then a year later when the truth finally comes out he was right from the beginning. COVID19 is a perfect example. He said it was created in a lab and released by China. He was called a xenophobe by almost the entire media. Then two months later every Democrat that were encouraging people to go out to eat at Chinatown were accusing him of the opposite.

But when it came down to it who would you rather have in the White House right now? The guy that can't remember his fucking name with a VP that couldn't even get ONE stinking primary vote (from her home state) or the guy that was brash but didn't take shit from anyone? Do you really think inflation would be what it is right now if Trump and his team were still in office?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

And that is how you know that the Youtube algorithms radicalized you.

it was within my lifetime that such a person would have been laughed at and hounded out of the public square whether they were left, right, or center. Now...we are elevating them to prominent positions...just insane.
    I remember when just 10 years ago if a parent stood up at a Presidential town hall like that woman did at Biden's and said my 8 year old SON wants to be GIRL that the country would lock her up for child abuse. But now we have the Democratic party and most of the media telling us it is completely normal for an 8 year old to want to changes their gender/sex? I mean Google it the support the media gave that woman is disturbing. Allowing an 8 year old to do that is pure child abuse.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I remember when just 10 years ago if a parent stood up at a Presidential town hall like that woman did at Biden's and said my 8 year old SON wants to be GIRL that the country would lock her up for child abuse. But now we have the Democratic party and most of the media telling us it is completely normal for an 8 year old to want to changes their gender/sex? I mean Google it the support the media gave that woman is disturbing. Allowing an 8 year old to do that is pure child abuse.
    It's disturbing indeed! Pedophiles will be protected soon.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Do you really think inflation would be what it is right now if Trump and his team were still in office?
    that’s an interesting question - would we be in the same inflationary shit storm if trump were president? We had super low interest rate policy and government handouts during trumps term also, just seems team Biden is continuing where trump left off,

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    that’s an interesting question - would we be in the same inflationary shit storm if trump were president? We had super low interest rate policy and government handouts during trumps term also, just seems team Biden is continuing where trump left off,
    Yes but Trump wouldn't have ended all the energy independent programs he had put in place. Trump would still be holding China's feet to the fire on tariffs and fair trade. The reason our gasoline is $3.50/gallon (and climbing) is because of all the shit Biden (well his handlers really) did on Day #1 for the Green new deal bullshit.

Yes we would still be experiencing inflation because of what you said about hand outs but I really think if Trump had won and didn't have a reelection hanging over his head he would have pushed much harder to reopen things.

Again just my 2 cents ... I could be completely wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yes but Trump wouldn't have ended all the energy independent programs he had put in place. Trump would still be holding China's feet to the fire on tariffs and fair trade. The reason our gasoline is $3.50/gallon (and climbing) is because of all the shit Biden (well his handlers really) did on Day #1 for the Green new deal bullshit.

Yes we would still be experiencing inflation because of what you said about hand outs but I really think if Trump had won and didn't have a reelection hanging over his head he would have pushed much harder to reopen things.

Inflation seems to be taking place primarily in areas that are incredibly tied to supply and demand. Does the POTUS and/or government spending have much influence over that? With inflation taking place in housing, airline travel, and automobiles because there is not enough to go around due to materials and labor shortages...what impact does government policy have on that? For instance, clothing and food prices went up by a fraction of a percent, while cars went up by over 10 times that and housing continues to soar. My super basic and limited understanding of all this is that if inflation was taking off, we would be paying a ton more for everything...not the slight increases we see in everyday consumer items that have no supply issues.

Not being snarky...honestly just talking it through.

- - - Updated - - -

Well...that would have been an ignorant and wrong-headed response. What is the harm in a kid wearing "odd" clothing choices and playing with some toys and not the others?

As has been discussed on here before...no reputable doctors or clinics are going to chemically or surgically treat a child that young for gender dysphoria. So it would totally be a lifestyle thing at that point - meaning completely non-permanent if the child wishes. So...big deal?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I agree he would’ve tried to reopen things but I think the dems and the CDC would’ve fought him on that. Maybe like you said without an election he’d have more success. I don’t know if that would’ve been enough to help inflation if interest rates were still rock bottom - with the gov printing money like crazy and cheapening the dollar value - maybe if the government stopped giving out stimulus checks and lifted moratoriums more people would be forced to work for a living and companies wouldn’t have the opportunity to pass labor shortage costs onto the consumer - I could see maybe trump curbing the rate of stimmy checks

I agree he would’ve tried to reopen things but I think the dems and the CDC would’ve fought him on that. Maybe like you said without an election he’d have more success. I don’t know if that would’ve been enough to help inflation if interest rates were still rock bottom - with the gov printing money like crazy and cheapening the dollar value - maybe if the government stopped giving out stimulus checks and lifted moratoriums more people would be forced to work for a living and companies wouldn’t have the opportunity to pass labor shortage costs onto the consumer - I could see maybe trump curbing the rate of stimmy checks
    If there wasn't an election, the Democrats never would have ever in a million years attempted lockdowns, mask mandates, or any of the other illegal things that they did. Governors, mayors, and health officials would have faced criminal charges and prison time if they'd done them. Likely the same for those public officials who aided and abetted rioters, looters, and arsonists.

But the whole idea was that because it was an election year, the instant the federal government did anything to prevent these activities, the Democrats were waiting to pounce on it like a pack of hyenas, and denounce it as heavy-handed authoritarianism, and scream "Dictator! Dictator! See? Dictator!" like they had been doing for years. Or, the alternative was to let them get away with murder, literally and figuratively. The Democrats go all-in on it, and if they manage to grab power, they get off scot-free.

That's the worst part. None of it was necessary. At BEST - if you give these people the benefit of the doubt - it was a massive, unprecedented overreaction, brought about by an overlawyered and PR-obsessed system that ran away from itself and snowballed out of control. The worse, and more likely case is that they knew it was unnecessary and did it anyway, and put you and everyone else through that completely for selfish reasons.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The worse, and more likely case is that they knew it was unnecessary and did it anyway, and put you and everyone else through that completely for selfish reasons.
    I'm fairly sure that is exactly how it was/is.

If there wasn't an election, the Democrats never would have ever in a million years attempted lockdowns, mask mandates, or any of the other illegal things that they did. Governors, mayors, and health officials would have faced criminal charges and prison time if they'd done them. Likely the same for those public officials who aided and abetted rioters, looters, and arsonists.

But the whole idea was that because it was an election year, the instant the federal government did anything to prevent these activities, the Democrats were waiting to pounce on it like a pack of hyenas, and denounce it as heavy-handed authoritarianism, and scream "Dictator! Dictator! See? Dictator!" like they had been doing for years. Or, the alternative was to let them get away with murder, literally and figuratively. The Democrats go all-in on it, and if they manage to grab power, they get off scot-free.

That's the worst part. None of it was necessary. At BEST - if you give these people the benefit of the doubt - it was a massive, unprecedented overreaction, brought about by an overlawyered and PR-obsessed system that ran away from itself and snowballed out of control. The worse, and more likely case is that they knew it was unnecessary and did it anyway, and put you and everyone else through that completely for selfish reasons.
    It does look excessive, they didn't impose lockdowns for the 18, 57, or 1968 pandemics because they didn't want to kill the economies and cause panic.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Where there elections in all these countries?

Lockdowns compared: tracking governments’ coronavirus responses

Updated JUNE 24 2021 by FT Visual & Data Journalism Team

Curfews and other restrictions on daily life aimed at curbing the virus' spread remain a reality for millions around the world.

Governments have been cautious about easing lockdown measures after the lifting of restrictions over the summer led to new waves of the virus. For many, optimism generated by rapid progress in the development has been partially offset by concerns over slow rollouts and their efficacy with new, highly transmissible variants of the virus.

This page provides an ongoing visual representation of the worldwide imposition and relaxation of lockdown measures. It uses the Covid-19 government response stringency index, a composite score developed by researchers at Oxford university, to compare countries’ policy responses to the coronavirus pandemic.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-lockdowns/

It does look excessive, they didn't impose lockdowns for the 18, 57, or 1968 pandemics because they didn't want to kill the economies and cause panic.
    Well, for that matter, a number of countries didn't impose lockdowns for this pandemic, either by choice or because they effectively had no way to. And they did not have a noticeably worse outcome than the ones that did.

The word "lockdown" should not be in the government's vocabulary; it is so abhorrent that it should not have ever even been worthy of consideration. Not even for the second coming of the black plague. If it is worth taking those same precautions, people can see that and don't need to be told. You don't destroy the whole world's economy because there's a nasty bug going around.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Uh huh:

Inflation seems to be taking place primarily in areas that are incredibly tied to supply and demand. Does the POTUS and/or government spending have much influence over that? With inflation taking place in housing, airline travel, and automobiles because there is not enough to go around due to materials and labor shortages...what impact does government policy have on that? For instance, clothing and food prices went up by a fraction of a percent, while cars went up by over 10 times that and housing continues to soar. My super basic and limited understanding of all this is that if inflation was taking off, we would be paying a ton more for everything...not the slight increases we see in everyday consumer items that have no supply issues.

Not being snarky...honestly just talking it through.
    I could see things like building supplies or things that had supply chains disrupted by workers not being able to work but the gasoline/energy supplies were DIRECT results of Biden's handlers and their decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Well...that would have been an ignorant and wrong-headed response. What is the harm in a kid wearing "odd" clothing choices and playing with some toys and not the others?

As has been discussed on here before...no reputable doctors or clinics are going to chemically or surgically treat a child that young for gender dysphoria. So it would totally be a lifestyle thing at that point - meaning completely non-permanent if the child wishes. So...big deal?
    Wow, really? I'm not talking about letting your eight year old dress like a girl. These wackos want to start giving them puberty blockers to prevent them from becoming what they biologically are going to become because of NATURE, not their feelings. If you do not think giving a kid who hasn't hit puberty, puberty blocker drugs is child abuse then we do not live on the same planet. And I do have to disagree with you. I don't know if you have kids but I do, and I would never allow my children to think it is normal to act like that. I would take them to a child psychiatrist before playing along and acting like it is normal.

.................................................. ... but the gasoline/energy supplies were DIRECT results of Biden's handlers and their decisions...............
    How is that?

FORBES

Mar 6, 2021,07:00am EST|832,266 views

Who Is To Blame For Rising Gasoline Prices?

bert RapierSenior Contributor
    Energy

Follow

.................................................. ...snip........................................... ....

The are two factors that have driven up the price of oil. One is that demand collapsed last year as pandemic measures were implemented and people stopped traveling. The price of oil plummeted. That, in turn, ended up idling 3 million barrels per day (BPD) of U.S. oil production relative to a year ago.

As the end of the pandemic nears, oil demand is bouncing back. Supply doesn’t respond as quickly, and therefore that puts pressure on prices. If you think Biden is responsible for hastening the end of the pandemic, then you can place some blame for the rise in oil prices on him. But that’s because the economy is beginning to recover, which is a good thing.

Second, unlike a year ago, OPEC and Russia recently decided to cooperate by extending most of the current output cuts. Despite some recovery in demand, Saudi Arabia kept in place a 1 million BPD cut. That decision sent oil prices sharply higher, and will likely ensure additional gains in gasoline prices.

Factor 2: Loss of Refining Capacity

Beyond oil prices, what other factors can impact gasoline prices? One of the most significant is any event that limits refinery capacity. If the crude oil can’t get refined, then gasoline supplies will start to run low. That, in turn, will cause gasoline prices to rise. This often happens when a hurricane is churning through the Gulf of Mexico, but it also happened last month when the winter storm swept through Texas.

During the first two weeks of February, refinery utilizationin the U.S. was at 83%. Then the winter storm negatively impacted about a dozen refineries in Texas. By the last week of February, refinery utilization had plunged to 56%. Once again, it’s hard to pin that on Biden.

There are only a couple of mechanisms by which a President could have a short-term impact on gasoline prices. If they signed legislation changing the gasoline tax, which currently accounts for about 21% of the cost of gasoline, then that would quickly impact gasoline prices. Or, if a President announced a major release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, that could cause oil prices to temporarily dip and might impact gasoline prices short-term.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=33d93c52329c

Uh huh:

Come on Tom, where's the chimp picture? You afraid or something?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

It's pretty clear willy is tom444 ... yet no banning.

It's pretty clear willy is tom444 ... yet no banning.
    I noticed you didn't respond to the post about the nonsense that Biden is responsible for the rise in gas prices.

I could see things like building supplies or things that had supply chains disrupted by workers not being able to work but the gasoline/energy supplies were DIRECT results of Biden's handlers and their decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, really? I'm not talking about letting your eight year old dress like a girl. These wackos want to start giving them puberty blockers to prevent them from becoming what they biologically are going to become because of NATURE, not their feelings. If you do not think giving a kid who hasn't hit puberty, puberty blocker drugs is child abuse then we do not live on the same planet. And I do have to disagree with you. I don't know if you have kids but I do, and I would never allow my children to think it is normal to act like that. I would take them to a child psychiatrist before playing along and acting like it is normal.
    I can't find anything on the decisions your referring to and am unaware of what they are/were. Hard to assess what impact POTUS is having on gas prices with no information.

And the scenario you are angry about with puberty blockers...doesn't happen. There are zero doctors in the United States giving out these drugs without a long period of psychological, physical, social, and other counseling. No one wants to give these drugs to anyone just for fun. Current medical guidelines from fairly non-wacko places like the Mayo Clinic are to use these drugs only in cases where there is a long standing pattern of medical necessity due to physical and psychological issues. These drugs are also in common usage for children who experience early on-set puberty and under the guidance of medical professionals wish to delay puberty until more in line with their age cohort. In either use case, they are fully reversible and have no lasting physical impact on the person taking the medication.

My response to kid stuff is to use information and expertise to help guide my reactions. Your mileage may vary.

My response to kid stuff is to use information and expertise to help guide my reactions. Your mileage may vary.
    I mean, let's face it, your mileage is pretty poor.

That's probably due to seeking out only the information and expertise that aligns with the pre-existing slate of ideas that you doggedly adhere to. But try telling that to a cultist - they can't see it, they just get preachy and mad.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I mean, let's face it, your mileage is pretty poor.

That's probably due to seeking out only the information and expertise that aligns with the pre-existing slate of ideas that you doggedly adhere to. But try telling that to a cultist - they can't see it, they just get preachy and mad.
    Can you dispute what he said, "And the scenario you are angry about with puberty blockers...doesn't happen. There are zero doctors in the United States giving out these drugs without a long period of psychological, physical, social, and other counseling. No one wants to give these drugs to anyone just for fun. Current medical guidelines from fairly non-wacko places like the Mayo Clinic are to use these drugs only in cases where there is a long standing pattern of medical necessity due to physical and psychological issues. These drugs are also in common usage for children who experience early on-set puberty and under the guidance of medical professionals wish to delay puberty until more in line with their age cohort. In either use case, they are fully reversible and have no lasting physical impact on the person taking the medication."? Or can you only post crap?

I noticed you didn't respond to the post about the nonsense that Biden is responsible for the rise in gas prices.
    Yes because I can find a source on the internet that finds the opposite. I use common sense. Killing pipelines that bring oil into our country is common sense.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

no point in reading an article or listening to CNN version of price increase. Bottom line is it’s happening on Sleepys watch. Of course Obama would’ve blamed Bbbbbush and it’s same playbook. killing pipeline and becoming dependent on adversaries for oil has nothing to do with it? Talk about denial. I noticed a donkey pic, just a matter of time before you become unhinged again. Enjoy your time here.

Can you dispute what he said, "And the scenario you are angry about with puberty blockers...doesn't happen. There are zero doctors in the United States giving out these drugs without a long period of psychological, physical, social, and other counseling. No one wants to give these drugs to anyone just for fun. Current medical guidelines from fairly non-wacko places like the Mayo Clinic are to use these drugs only in cases where there is a long standing pattern of medical necessity due to physical and psychological issues. These drugs are also in common usage for children who experience early on-set puberty and under the guidance of medical professionals wish to delay puberty until more in line with their age cohort. In either use case, they are fully reversible and have no lasting physical impact on the person taking the medication."? Or can you only post crap?

You of all people are calling someone out for only posting crap?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Yes because I can find a source on the internet that finds the opposite. I use common sense. Killing pipelines that bring oil into our country is common sense.
    Except there's no connection between the current rise in prices at the pump and the Keystone XL pipeline.

Forbes

............................................snip.. ...............................................

Some people asserted that cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline permit had definitely caused gasoline prices to rise. Setting aside the fact that gasoline prices were rising well ahead of this announcement, I challenged people to explain cause and effect in this situation. Given all the global variables impacting oil prices — some of which are large and immediate — I asked for people to explain how canceling this project would cause a short-term impact on gasoline prices. Nobody was able to do this.

The Keystone XL pipeline project wouldn’t have been completed for years. It would have transported some crude oil from Canada and from the Bakken formation in the U.S. to refineries. Some crude oil from the pipeline may have reached the U.S. Gulf Coast for export.

Had the project been completed, the Keystone XL would have increased the capacity of the Keystone Pipeline by 510,000 barrels per day (BPD) to a total capacity of 1.1 million BPD.
    For the record, I opposed cancellation of the permit. I explained the reasons in The Inherent Risks In President Biden’s Energy Plan. But my opposition aside, this does nothing to increase gasoline prices in the short-term.
    True, a decade from now there might have been an additional 510,000 BPD of oil flowing to refineries through the Keystone XL. But OPEC regularly makes decisions on millions of BPD of oil with immediate consequences. Those have short-term impacts on oil prices, and subsequently gasoline prices. The loss of the Keystone XL volume may impact gasoline prices a decade from now.

But the Keystone XL volumes and the timeframe of the pipeline’s completion are tiny variables compared to OPEC production decisions and an economy recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic. U.S. oil production has fallen by more than 2 million BPD over the past year — a result of oil prices that crashed due to the pandemic. Demand is starting to rise, and that dynamic does have a short-term impact on gasoline prices
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=12538a5e313d

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    You forgot 5. COVID