Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It's a huge reason why I couldn't get behind Trump. It's one thing to be full of shit (all politicians are to some extent), but another thing when you're flat out wrong, and not admit being wrong, but doubling down on it. Integrity matters to me a lot, and that man has none.

In any case these last 2 elections were shit, our choices were basically dumb & dumber
    If you don't like people being flat-out wrong and doubling down on it, then the Democrats sure aren't the party for you. I mean, to miss that you'd REALLY have to not be paying attention; they practically invented it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Newsmax CEO Credits Biden with "Good Job on the Vaccine" and "54% approval rating"

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    If you don't like people being flat-out wrong and doubling down on it, then the Democrats sure aren't the party for you. I mean, to miss that you'd REALLY have to not be paying attention; they practically invented it.
    I don't show allegiance to either party. I leave symbols to the symbol minded

I will say though the GOP has really have gone off the deep end since they've embraced Trumpism

Also the elections for the most part are all bullshit, both parties always seem to push their worst possible candidate which makes the primaries frustrating to watch

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Uh huh:

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I was a Republican my whole life until about ten years ago. Now they're nuts.
    Maybe................. but................. so are the Progressives???

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Sure, some of them.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

approval rating trending, worst of presidency. It’ll be below 50 any day now.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...is-presidency/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I definitely can say that's the case for those 'woke' leftists, they make me sick

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Biden receiving praise for continuing Trump's vaccination program vs worst inflation in over a decade, gas prices skyrocketed, border situation is a mess, unrest in the middle east has come back in a big way, Insulin prices way up, gas shortages, cyberattacks. Though I am sure all of the bad things are Trump and the Republican's fault

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I definitely can say that's the case for those 'woke' leftists, they make me sick
    You don't seem to understand. That's who you are hitching your wagon to. The crazies are the ones leading the way for that party. They want to smash the whole country to rubble for their own benefit, and they need the help of people like you to do it. Somehow, they have convinced you to join their side, without tipping you off that they are driving the car off the cliff with you in it.

In that respect, the phrase "We're all in this together" couldn't have been more prescient - everyone will be worse off if their horrible ideas come to pass, even the people who support them.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

You don't seem to understand. That's who you are hitching your wagon to. The crazies are the ones leading the way for that party. They want to smash the whole country to rubble for their own benefit, and they need the help of people like you to do it. Somehow, they have convinced you to join their side, without tipping you off that they are driving the car off the cliff with you in it.

In that respect, the phrase "We're all in this together" couldn't have been more prescient - everyone will be worse off if their horrible ideas come to pass, even the people who support them.
    Not everything is so black and white. That's like saying every Republican is with QAnon, which isn't true

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I was a Republican my whole life until about ten years ago. Now they're nuts.
    I know right, imagine wanting secure borders, energy independence and more jobs for americans. It’s nuts.Imagine not wanting government running our lives, making decisions for us and spying or suppressing speech they don’t agree with. Completely nuts. Wait we still talking about government or you for last 10 years Tom?

Not everything is so black and white. That's like saying every Republican is with QAnon, which isn't true
    Exactly. The far-right weirdos are as disliked among conservatives as the far-left ones are by you. The difference is that the right and the Republicans kind of push their weirdos away to arm's length, but the Democrats embrace them and make them the centerpiece of their "movement."

Of course, the left-wing propagandists would have you believe the opposite, but it's just not even close. Make no mistake about it, you are throwing your lot in with the crazies, whether that's what you meant to do or not.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Exactly. The far-right weirdos are as disliked among conservatives as the far-left ones are by you. The difference is that the right and the Republicans kind of push their weirdos away to arm's length, but the Democrats embrace them and make them the centerpiece of their "movement."

Of course, the left-wing propagandists would have you believe the opposite, but it's just not even close. Make no mistake about it, you are throwing your lot in with the crazies, whether that's what you meant to do or not.
    Not to mention the far left weirdos are the ones running the party. Look at cackling kamala or piglosi

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Is Marjorie Taylor Green a weirdo or not? She seems pretty front and center...plus Jewish space lasers might be real!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Is Marjorie Taylor Green a weirdo or not? She seems pretty front and center...plus Jewish space lasers might be real!
    Marjorie rocks!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Marjorie rocks!
    And that is how you know that the Youtube algorithms radicalized you.

A woman who literally believes that a cabal of international Jewish folks used space lasers to start western wildfires is someone to be taken seriously...it was within my lifetime that such a person would have been laughed at and hounded out of the public square whether they were left, right, or center. Now...we are elevating them to prominent positions...just insane.

And that is how you know that the Youtube algorithms radicalized you.

A woman who literally believes that a cabal of international Jewish folks used space lasers to start western wildfires is someone to be taken seriously...it was within my lifetime that such a person would have been laughed at and hounded out of the public square whether they were left, right, or center. Now...we are elevating them to prominent positions...just insane.
    I didn't know anything about space lazers and fires...lol. I just like her because she stands up to Democrats and Republicans alike.

I didn't know anything about space lazers and fires...lol. I just like her because she stands up to Democrats and Republicans alike.
    OK...but you are supporting a woman who believes/claims/imagined that the fires across the western US were caused by Jewish owned lasers firing from space.

All part of some bizarre online rant she went on in like 2018 or something: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=511e7130e44a

But I suspect it isn't that she is standing up to anyone or any party - it is that she is bonkers more than anything else. Crazy isn't a solid political affiliation.

I do think it is telling that the people I keep being told represent "real America" and "fight hardest" for the "average person" have so far been this lunatic and dude who appears to have paid underage girls to party with him. This keeps repeatedly happening...one has to wonder why...it is almost like y'all keep getting conned. The last real American hero has apparently been simply pocketing each of your donations while playing golf in Florida.

OK...but you are supporting a woman who believes/claims/imagined that the fires across the western US were caused by Jewish owned lasers firing from space.

All part of some bizarre online rant she went on in like 2018 or something: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=511e7130e44a

But I suspect it isn't that she is standing up to anyone or any party - it is that she is bonkers more than anything else. Crazy isn't a solid political affiliation.

I do think it is telling that the people I keep being told represent "real America" and "fight hardest" for the "average person" have so far been this lunatic and dude who appears to have paid underage girls to party with him. This keeps repeatedly happening...one has to wonder why...it is almost like y'all keep getting conned. The last real American hero has apparently been simply pocketing each of your donations while playing golf in Florida.
    I don't donate to any politician. She might very well be crazy, but I like that she doesn't cow tow to anyone in Congress. I suppose Sen. John Kennedy is also crazy because he does the same thing?

To be fair, I like Joe Manchin too. I support any of them that have a back bone.... no matter the party.

I don't donate to any politician. She might very well be crazy, but I like that she doesn't cow tow to anyone in Congress. I suppose Sen. John Kennedy is also crazy because he does the same thing?

To be fair, I like Joe Manchin too. I support any of them that have a back bone.... no matter the party.
    I don't know alot about Kennedy, but what I do know is that he has not repeatedly said things that used to get people checked into the funny farm.

Taylor repeatedly says things that are well out on the lunatic fringe and I mean that in a non-political way. Like if a person said the same thing to you in a bar, you would laugh, walk away, and avoid them for the rest of the night.

Manchin is a feckless coward. He finally gets in a position of influence and power and he can' t manage do do anything with it. He's useless to either party. Joe Manchin has one single goal and that is further Joe Manchin's hold on political office. He certainly doesn't seem to actually use his office to get anything done but keep his name in the papers.

Anyone who defends QAnon is branded crazy in my book

Anyone who defends QAnon is branded crazy in my book
    I don't support QAnon in any way. I don't really "support" MTG. I do like that she flies in the face of the establishment... and the Progressives.

I don't support QAnon in any way. I don't really "support" MTG. I do like that she flies in the face of the establishment... and the Progressives.
    So you don't support Qanon in anyway -- except that many of the websites, politicians, and other internet links you tend to provide are all known to support Qanon. You don't "support" MTG -- except when you do because trolling the libs is great!

C'mon. You're trying to paint yourself as this reasonable guy that only supports the reasonable parts of the crazy. That is the thing...with crazy you are either all in or all out. They don't care about your conditions.

Whether you like it or not, you are propping up QAnon, MGT, and the craziest elements of the American Right by clicking on links, watching increasingly extreme partisan news sources, going down YouTube rabbit holes that push the page views and algorithm hits up for the most hard-core crazy parts of the GOP. That's how this all works. Clicks and eyeballs equal exposure and then cash. Once you get some cash...then you are in the political "mainstream".

Despite your claims that you don't support these more radical elements, you are very much supporting and encourage them.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

A majority -- 55% -- of the public say they are pessimistic about the direction of the country, a marked change from the roughly one-third (36%) that said the same in an ABC News/Ipsos poll published May 2. In the early May survey, Americans were more optimistic than pessimistic by a 28-percentage point margin. Optimism is now under water by 10 points. Looking ahead to the next 12 months, fewer than half -- 45% -- now report feeling optimistic about the way things are going, a significant drop from about two-thirds (64%) in the May poll.
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/americans-...110100639.html
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

So you don't support Qanon in anyway -- except that many of the websites, politicians, and other internet links you tend to provide are all known to support Qanon. You don't "support" MTG -- except when you do because trolling the libs is great!

C'mon. You're trying to paint yourself as this reasonable guy that only supports the reasonable parts of the crazy. That is the thing...with crazy you are either all in or all out. They don't care about your conditions.

Whether you like it or not, you are propping up QAnon, MGT, and the craziest elements of the American Right by clicking on links, watching increasingly extreme partisan news sources, going down YouTube rabbit holes that push the page views and algorithm hits up for the most hard-core crazy parts of the GOP. That's how this all works. Clicks and eyeballs equal exposure and then cash. Once you get some cash...then you are in the political "mainstream".

Despite your claims that you don't support these more radical elements, you are very much supporting and encourage them.
    Well, I don't personally support "radical" on either side. I can't say that I worry about any video I watch being connected to radical nut cases... I just watch/read/listen to what interests me.

I would say the left is more radical than the right, but we see things differently, so...

Pandemic related apparently according to the yahoo article you quoted:

The optimism-pessimism flip comes as Americans give Biden his lowest approval rating for his handling of the pandemic yet in ABC News/Ipsos polling. A little over 6 in 10 (63%) approve of the president's response to the coronavirus, according to the poll, which was conducted by Ipsos in partnership with ABC News using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel.

Although still a majority, it's a nine-point drop from late March -- the high for Biden. It likely reflects the growing concern that lockdowns could be reinstatedand already vaccinated Americans could need a booster shot as the highly contagious delta variant now is estimated to account for 83% of all new coronavirus cases in the United States. As of Friday, according to Health and Human Services data obtained by ABC News, the United States' daily case average was up 47% compared to the prior week, and on Wednesday, the nation recorded its highest single-day new case total since April.
    The answer, get vaccinated.

Some pretty self-damning words coming from a liberal Democrat.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Some pretty self-damning words coming from a liberal Democrat.
    I have never extolled the virtues of anyone who has claimed that lasers from space started forest fires. I do not support individuals who claim diseases are caused by digital signals floating in the ether. I have never posted materials, links, or information from content producers that support that type of nonsense.

People can view each end of the spectrum as too extreme or whatever. However...there are certain claims and actions that aren't even on the spectrum.

I have never extolled the virtues of anyone who has claimed that lasers from space started forest fires. I do not support individuals who claim diseases are caused by digital signals floating in the ether. I have never posted materials, links, or information from content producers that support that type of nonsense.

People can view each end of the spectrum as too extreme or whatever. However...there are certain claims and actions that aren't even on the spectrum.
    Nope, you said yourself, no conditions on crazy. You accept any of it, you are ALL-IN. The violence of the radical left, the racism, the authoritarianism, the outright foolishness, all of it. No backtracking just because it's you. And don't lie, you've shown a bit more than passive support for the left-wing crazies, a lot more than just clicking on a link and the other behavior that you just gave the big tut-tut to. What an outrageous hypocrite. But this is nothing new.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Nope, you said yourself, no conditions on crazy. You accept any of it, you are ALL-IN. The violence of the radical left, the racism, the authoritarianism, the outright foolishness, all of it. No backtracking just because it's you. And don't lie, you've shown a bit more than passive support for the left-wing crazies, a lot more than just clicking on a link and the other behavior that you just gave the big tut-tut to. What an outrageous hypocrite. But this is nothing new.