Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers not done adding

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Steelers not done adding

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Just two different types of assholes. Steelers seemed to have success with a potential “sex offender” in the past…just saying…
    I wanted Ben cut back in 2010 too. And most of his success (both of his Super Bowl wins) came before his incidents. He hasn't won anything since.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    This is what I'm talking about:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-ben...coaches-execs/

Ben is ranked #16 on this year's list and Rodgers and Mahomes are ranked at the top. The more I think about it, I want Rodgers here next year! Our defense and him with our offense! Yummy!
    I realize that the sports media loves to ride Mr. Discount Double-Check's nuts more than anybody with the exception of Saint Brady, but the fact remains he has historically come up short in the postseason too. However, unlike Roethlisberger, every excuse in the book has been made for his postseason failures (his coach sucks/his receivers suck/his running game sucks/his defense sucks, etc., etc.).

On a side note, I also have a hard time taking a poll that puts Dak Prescott in the top 10 seriously. Talk about overrated.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I realize that the sports media loves to ride Mr. Discount Double-Check's nuts more than anybody with the exception of Saint Brady, but the fact remains he has historically come up short in the postseason too. However, unlike Roethlisberger, every excuse in the book has been made for his postseason failures (his coach sucks/his receivers suck/his running game sucks/his defense sucks, etc., etc.).

On a side note, I also have a hard time taking a poll that puts Dak Prescott in the top 10 seriously. Talk about overrated.
    I don't think he's the top guy out there, especially at 37, but I do think he's a very good QB. I would take Josh Allen and Mahomes over him if it were possible but we all know those guys aren't going anywhere.

Yes Rodgers has only won once (we all know when) but Marino only made ONE Superbowl and never won. I would take Rodgers and his "ego" for two years with our offense and defense and roll the dice like Tampa did last year. You can say what you want about Brady and the sports media but the guy has won 7 Superbowls.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

I see a ton of Rodgers out my way and...in this case there is more truth than fiction to the myth. He has dragged several fundamentally flawed teams to records they wouldn't have without him and then in the postseason, the roster finally turns into a pumpkin. Maybe he isn't as good as they say...but maybe he is. Either way...if the Steelers 2022 starting QB was Aaron Rodgers, they would be a SB contender.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

There is absolutely NO WAY that the Steelers add another player of any real value. Not going to happen!!!

(I am trying to set in motion the signing of a starter-caliber player. Shh...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    if the Steelers 2022 starting QB was Aaron Rodgers, they would be a SB contender.
    Favorites.