Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers not done adding

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Steelers not done adding

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I think he already signed with the Mean Machine.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Thank God they won't be added J James, hope he has fun in Chicago.
    I agree. James is really just a guy with a cool name, but I think he sees himself as something more than a #3 TE.

But as our resident TE expert, do you think we’re good with Gentry as our #3, or do you think it’s worth adding someone?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I agree. James is really just a guy with a cool name, but I think he sees himself as something more than a #3 TE.

But as our resident TE expert, do you think we’re good with Gentry as our #3, or do you think it’s worth adding someone?
    Well I'm not an expert, but if Rader could stay healthy he might take the #3 spot imo, but I'm guessing that will play out in preseason between Rader & Gentry. TE's at 6'8" really don't impress me. I doubt they will add another TE ( not sure who is available for cheap ), so its a toss up at this time, one of them will be #3 the other on the PS imo.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Well I'm not an expert, but if Rader could stay healthy he might take the #3 spot imo, but I'm guessing that will play out in preseason between Rader & Gentry. TE's at 6'8" really don't impress me. I doubt they will add another TE ( not sure who is available for cheap ), so its a toss up at this time, one of them will be #3 the other on the PS imo.
    I'm no expert either, but with Ebron and Freiermuth as solid 1a and 1b, I would thing #3 will need to bring more than TE skills. Such as ST player, backup FB as well, MUST block on the move, and doesn't cost very much at all. Other than the cost part, I don't see this guy on our roster currently.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm no expert either, but with Ebron and Freiermuth as solid 1a and 1b, I would thing #3 will need to bring more than TE skills. Such as ST player, backup FB as well, MUST block on the move, and doesn't cost very much at all. Other than the cost part, I don't see this guy on our roster currently.
    Which is why I think Rader fits if the Team doesn't add a player from the dung heap. He good on ST, a decent blocker and can play FB, if he can stay healthy. That TE FA list above isn't better than what we have in house, imo. Stocker is the only one that may fit the teams needs that has a pulse. He can block and play ST & FB but isn't much of a receiver, doesn't seem to have any major injury history. If the price is right, why not?
    Last edited by Shoes; 07-27-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Which is why I think Rader fits if the Team doesn't add a player from the dung heap. He good on ST, a decent blocker and can play FB, if he can stay healthy. That TE FA list above isn't better than what we have in house, imo. Stocker is the only one that may fit the teams needs that has a pulse. He can block and play ST & FB but isn't much of a receiver, doesn't seem to have any major injury history. If the price is right, why not?
    I don't know enough about them. Just from reading profiles and such Rader and Gentry have below average athleticism and Dax is not going to block. Again, I am only going by articles I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't know enough about them. Just from reading profiles and such Rader and Gentry have below average athleticism and Dax is not going to block. Again, I am only going by articles I read.

Lets just trust Ebron and PF will stay healthy!

Lets just trust Ebron and PF will stay healthy!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So Rodgers negotiated an out for next season. Would you sign Rodgers for 4-5 seasons to step in for Ben starting 2022? Not like they won’t have the money to do it…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So Rodgers negotiated an out for next season. Would you sign Rodgers for 4-5 seasons to step in for Ben starting 2022? Not like they won’t have the money to do it…
    how many good years does he have left? 2-3? Still it may be the best chance at another ring after Ben,

Looks like a no brainer unless Ben gets hurt and Rudolph or even Haskins light the world on fire

- - - Updated - - -

They need a replacement for Vince, if they don’t bring someone in maybe means they have faith in Buddy Johnson and he can step up and eventually supplant Spillane

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Would you roll the dice and trade for Deshaun Watson now in anticipation that he is suspended for 2021 and back in the league able to play in 2022?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Would you roll the dice and trade for Deshaun Watson now in anticipation that he is suspended for 2021 and back in the league able to play in 2022?
    Yes I would to Watson, but from what I've read the Texans want multiple first round picks and a LOT. Of course no one is going to pay that for a guy that could be facing a year suspended.

I would also go hard after Aaron Rodgers next year. Imagine winning the Superbowl, Ben rides off into the sunset and we take his money and sign Rodgers (who is a year younger and will be 38 next fall) like Brady did in Tampa and win another one (or two)!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Problem with Watson is he is not only under league investigation but also criminal ... Texans want THREE 1st round picks ++ ..... so you could trade away the future and the puzzle piece you traded for might be in prison ?

a big no thank you to that
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

not for what the Texans are asking in return.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    not for what the Texans are asking in return.
    They’ll never get three first round picks for him so there eventually will be a realistic price.

Problem with Watson is he is not only under league investigation but also criminal ... Texans want THREE 1st round picks ++ ..... so you could trade away the future and the puzzle piece you traded for might be in prison ?

a big no thank you to that
    Even under criminal investigation, there’s a realistic probability that that wouldn’t occur for a couple/few years down the road just based on the courts being so backed up. I forget what state it was but one of them is backed up by 34,000 cases.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

No on Watson. I’d rather give Rudolph the starting roll in 22 and see how he does, at worst we get a high pick in the following draft

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

At some point, in 22 or 23, we’ll likely have to make a bold trade up like KC did for Mahomes or the Bears did for Fields. That approach is totally worth it if you’re sold on the guy.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Considering that Bill Cosby got away with raping 92 women, it would be safe to say that Deshaun Watson (who only had about a third of the cases filed against him) will get off scott free.

But… naw, f*ck that guy. I’d rather lose with Rudolph/Haskins than win with Watson.

No way the steelers touch Watson

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Considering that Bill Cosby got away with raping 92 women, it would be safe to say that Deshaun Watson (who only had about a third of the cases filed against him) will get off scott free.

But… naw, f*ck that guy. I’d rather lose with Rudolph/Haskins than win with Watson.
    Right on. We don’t need a douchebag leading our Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Right on. We don’t need a douchebag leading our Steelers.
    So the ego-maniac Rodgers is out too??

So the ego-maniac Rodgers is out too??
    Ego isn’t quite the same as a possible sex offender. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ego isn’t quite the same as a possible sex offender. Nice try though.
    Just two different types of assholes. Steelers seemed to have success with a potential “sex offender” in the past…just saying…

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

After what Ben went through imagine getting Watson? Is it too hard to have a QB that doesn't have any rape charges?

Like I said things are lining up with Rodgers and Ben's careers. Ben retires after this year and is 100% off the books, Rodgers is a UFA after this year. At 38 he has a lot more left in his tank than Ben did at 38. Two year deal to Rodgers and see what happens. Hell Brady just won at 43, why not? That would give you two years to draft a QB to replace Rodgers. Imagine Rodgers throwing to Claypool, Johnson, Washington, Freiermuth and possibly Juju with Harris running or catching? Me likes!

I do not want Watson. Seems like a nice kid but I'd take ego over sex offender for $200 Aaron.

This is what I'm talking about:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-ben...coaches-execs/

Ben is ranked #16 on this year's list and Rodgers and Mahomes are ranked at the top. The more I think about it, I want Rodgers here next year! Our defense and him with our offense! Yummy!
    Last edited by EzraTank; 07-29-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    After what Ben went through imagine getting Watson? Is it too hard to have a QB that doesn't have an rape charges?

Like I said thing are lining up with Rodgers and Ben's careers. Ben retires after this year and is 100% off the books, Rodgers is a UFA after this year. At 38 he has a lot more left in his tank than Ben did at 38. Two year deal to Rodgers and see what happens. Hell Brady just won at 43, why not? That would give you two years to draft a QB to replace Rodgers. Imagine Rodgers throwing to Claypool, Johnson, Washington, Freiermuth and possibly Juju with Harris running or catching? Me likes!

I do not want Watson. Seems like a nice kid but I'd take ego over sex offender for $200 Aaron.

This is what I'm talking about:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-ben...coaches-execs/

Ben is ranked #16 on this year's list and Rodgers and Mahomes are ranked at the top. The more I think about it, I want Rodgers here next year! Our defense and him with our offense! Yummy!
    They should have the money to get him with all the cap space. Just make sure TJ and JuJu get their money. Rodgers to Claypool and JuJu would be a nice thing!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just two different types of assholes. Steelers seemed to have success with a potential “sex offender” in the past…just saying…
    Yeah...sorry....but a self-centered dude and a guy who tries to have non-consensual sex with people he hired are not just "different types of assholes". One is an asshole, one is predatory criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yeah...sorry....but a self-centered dude and a guy who tries to have non-consensual sex with people he hired are not just "different types of assholes". One is an asshole, one is predatory criminal.
    Exactly. I've taken enough shit (rightfully so) about Ben over the years from non-Steelers fans. I don't think it's too hard to ask for a QB that hasn't been accused a sexual assault.

Steelers not done adding

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Allegedly…lol.