Thread: Dwayne Haskins’s wife domestically abuses husband

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dwayne Haskins’s wife domestically abuses husband

The jokes are out there (about Dwayne’s manhood), but good for him for not retaliating. Really. IMO, if one spouse injures the other, that person (male or female) should face charges. Good for Dwayne for handling this the RIGHT way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ge-reports-say

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Dwayne Haskins’s wife domestically abuses husband

I read they just got married a few months ago?

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Can't wait for the Dwayne Haskins story to be over. Not that I'm a Josh Dobbs fan either. So much irrelevant hype.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Can't wait for the Dwayne Haskins story to be over. Not that I'm a Josh Dobbs fan either. So much irrelevant hype.
    I have the opposite view. I can't wait to see him get it turned around. It's a human story.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

stitches in his lip and missing tooth? got damn she muhammad ali'd his ass

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I have the opposite view. I can't wait to see him get it turned around. It's a human story.
    I could not care less about a professional athlete's personal life.

I don't see Haskins making the roster, let alone becoming an eventual starter with the Steelers. That's not a knock on his ability, just a reflection of the realities of the NFL in 2021. Even if he flashes brilliance in meaningless games, the best he can hope for is becoming the back up to the back up. If he takes the field in a regular season game and the score isn't 63-0 in favor of the Steelers, then we are in for a long season. He has to play to get better, something he won't be able to do this season, barring a catastrophe.

Who knows? Coach Okey Doke may take a liking to him and make him the heir apparent to Roethlisberger.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I could not care less about a professional athlete's personal life.

I don't see Haskins making the roster, let alone becoming an eventual starter with the Steelers. That's not a knock on his ability, just a reflection of the realities of the NFL in 2021. Even if he flashes brilliance in meaningless games, the best he can hope for is becoming the back up to the back up. If he takes the field in a regular season game and the score isn't 63-0 in favor of the Steelers, then we are in for a long season. He has to play to get better, something he won't be able to do this season, barring a catastrophe.

Who knows? Coach Okey Doke may take a liking to him and make him the heir apparent to Roethlisberger.
    I wasn't referring to his personal life. Maybe coach okey doke should check with you before deciding?

I wasn't referring to his personal life. Maybe coach okey doke should check with you before deciding?
    He should.

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

Get rid of the trash..now...problem in redskins etc....

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not a big Haskins fan, but what has he done wrong that requires “the trash to be thrown out”?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

The next Tommy Maddox…

just kidding, probably not…

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Yes! That's what I want to see. A great 'turn it around' story.

I am tired of the washouts making headlines.

I will root for him to succeed.

Because people need it in general and maybe he can inspire someone else to do it too.

He should.
    I’m sure he has you on speed dial.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Yes! That's what I want to see. A great 'turn it around' story.

I am tired of the washouts making headlines.

I will root for him to succeed.

Because people need it in general and maybe he can inspire someone else to do it too.
    a Ben Roethlisbeger turn it around - comeback story would be even better

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    a Ben Roethlisbeger turn it around - comeback story would be even better
    He actually already had one of those. I'm not sure he has a second one.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

No, you are wrong. He will be in the running for comeback player of the year and MVP and then.....oh, wait...that happened last season already. Never mind.

maybe it’s not so much a comeback but more of having sufficient support from the O line, running game, and a better OC and proving that reports of his end at the end of last season are premature.

That Ben, why is he returning? he doesn’t know when he’s done…

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    That Ben, why is he returning? he doesn’t know when he’s done…
    see here ....

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...the-media-odds
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    No, you are wrong. He will be in the running for comeback player of the year and MVP and then.....oh, wait...that happened last season already. Never mind.
    I was referring to his off-field conduct and his personal turnaround. As to his play on the field, he was having a great year until defenses figured out how to stop it. If he really is committed, I can see him having one of his best years.

As to Haskins, I can't fathom why someone would root against him. It's not like he punched his pregnant girlfriend. It would be a win-win for Haskins to realize his potential.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I was referring to his off-field conduct and his personal turnaround. As to his play on the field, he was having a great year until defenses figured out how to stop it. If he really is committed, I can see him having one of his best years.

As to Haskins, I can't fathom why someone would root against him. It's not like he punched his pregnant girlfriend. It would be a win-win for Haskins to realize his potential.
    I don't either. The guy is a Steeler now, if you're a real fan you'd want him to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I don't either. The guy is a Steeler now, if you're a real fan you'd want him to succeed
    I'd prefer he or Rudolph succeed in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The jokes are out there (about Dwayne’s manhood), but good for him for not retaliating. Really. IMO, if one spouse injures the other, that person (male or female) should face charges. Good for Dwayne for handling this the RIGHT way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ge-reports-say
    I agree, and it's a shame people joke about it as such jokes perpetuate the myth that domestic violence can't happen to men.