Thread: T.J. Watt: "I Thought I was the only one" who noticed missed holding calls by NFL referees in 2020

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

T.J. Watt: "I Thought I was the only one" who noticed missed holding calls by NFL referees in 2020

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt: "I Thought I was the only one" who noticed missed holding calls by NFL referees in 2020

He’s not lying…lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt: "I Thought I was the only one" who noticed missed holding calls by NFL referees in 2020

Refs favor certain teams and players? No way! Next you'll tell me Refs throw bogus flags too, and then I'll be really pissed.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Such a dumb question. All pass rushers think that O linemen get away with holding, while all O linemen think that pass rushers dont get called for jumping offsides, while trying to time up the snap. Hand to hand combat is the nature of close line play and holding will happen, but if you are honestly the guy that complains about it all the time, then its like all the folks I knew that bitched about 2nd hand smoke from going to a bar.

The simple answer for Lolley is that he should ask the NFL officials if they were instructed to be further away from players, or in different zones from players, during the Covid protocols of games last season. If you think refs missed holding calls in 2019, then they are going to miss more calls during a time of social distancing and players testing positive for Covid during the course of a season in 2020.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d love to see the missed James Harrison holding calls versus the missed TJ Watt holding calls.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d love to see the missed James Harrison holding calls versus the missed TJ Watt holding calls.
    Yeah, but then you turn it around and get the missed Max Starks, Marcus Gilbert, DeCastro, Kemoeatu holding penalties and it all evens out.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

you'd run out of fingers and toes in 35 snaps or less
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Watt is pretty damn close. He is held constantly.

So are the other elite rushers in the NFL. These guys are nearly unblockable straight up. Only the best tackles out there can consistently keep these guys in check and limit the damage they do. If they didn't hold, they would literally be blowing up plays constantly. That's why an elite LT costs a fortune....They're worth it because they keep your QB's head on his shoulders.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

It’s probably 10 to 1. Harrison is held far more often than Watt.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Watt is pretty damn close. He is held constantly.

So are the other elite rushers in the NFL. These guys are nearly unblockable straight up. Only the best tackles out there can consistently keep these guys in check and limit the damage they do. If they didn't hold, they would literally be blowing up plays constantly. That's why an elite LT costs a fortune....They're worth it because they keep your QB's head on his shoulders.
    That’s what I mean. I’d love to see the comparison because I think it’s pretty close as well.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

TJ Watt Engaged to Sister-in-Law Kealia Ohai's Former Teammate: 'I Am the Luckiest Man in the World'

Pittsburgh Steelers player TJ Watt has announced his engagement to Dani Rhodes

By Maria Pasquini
    July 09, 2021

https://people.com/sports/tj-watt-en...e-dani-rhodes/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    TJ Watt Engaged to Sister-in-Law Kealia Ohai's Former Teammate: 'I Am the Luckiest Man in the World'
    That is one clumsy headline!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That is one clumsy headline!
    NOTE: I can’t seem to get YouTube links to load here any more… so, click on the link to watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    NOTE: I can’t seem to get YouTube links to load here any more… so, click on the link to watch the video.

I can see the video and the separate link you posted on Tapatalk…