Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is up with Devin Bush!?!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

WTF is up with Devin Bush!?!

First, he blasts anyone on TikTok. When reminded that several of his teammates are on TikTok, Bush responded by posting crazier and crazier and even crazier crap on Twitter:

-wine guessing game
    -marriage advice
    -a dead cat video

He has posted a different tweet every hour for about three days in a row. WTF!?!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: WTF is up with Devin Bush!?!

Another chapter in Days of Our Steelers

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    First, he blasts anyone on TikTok. When reminded that several of his teammates are on TikTok, Bush responded by posting crazier and crazier and even crazier crap on Twitter:

-wine guessing game
    -marriage advice
    -a dead cat video

He has posted a different tweet every hour for about three days in a row. WTF!?!
    anyone who posts a video of a cat falling to its death needs to get TF away from around me.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

People are weird, athletes are no different.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

-wine guessing game
    -marriage advice
    -a dead cat video

if that is close to accurate either he has a few people running his account for him or someone has gotten heavy into meth cause nobody stays awake that long otherwise .........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    anyone who posts a video of a cat falling to its death needs to get TF away from around me.
    yeah thats just beyond strange to me and i am not a cat person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    People are weird, athletes are no different.
    pretty much but he seems to be on the outer fringe of weird
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 07-05-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

As long as his shit is together just enough to stay on and perform well on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

anybody with a penis shaped ponytail is already enough evidence they're weird

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    As long as his shit is together just enough to stay on and perform well on the football field.
    We're still waiting on that too...

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

There's been some oddballs playing in the NFL for as long as i can remember, hopefully it doesn't affect his play.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

He's young, and young people are weird.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

He needs a real hobby - like golf

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    He needs a real hobby - like golf
    Maybe acting wacky on Twitter is his hobby…

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Maybe acting wacky on Twitter is his hobby…
    If he has to act wacky at least it’s not at a bar where you can get into real trouble - then again Twitter has its own set of problems - imagine Twitter in the hands of someone like a young immature Bradshaw - he would not have lasted in Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Yet another reason I’m glad I’m not on Twitter.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Yet another reason I’m glad I’m not on Twitter.

You got that right!

I know it has its uses, but damn! The amount of idiocy on display is astonishing.

Bush is not painting a very good picture of himself.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You got that right!

I know it has its uses, but damn! The amount of idiocy on display is astonishing.

Bush is not painting a very good picture of himself.
    I honestly can not think of one actually useful and unique feature of Twitter.

It’s an idea in search of a purpose.

It appears to function solely to let people hear themselves talk but to an audience.

Not sure when everyone became obsessed with what everyone else thinks. I simply don’t care about any celebrity or sports figure’s deep thoughts on anything.

I will return to being old and grumpier and posting all my deep thoughts to a message board like internet Jesus intended.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If Twitter is so worthless why are all of you reading it and/or discussing its content?

Twitter is extremely useful for news, updates, pop-culture, entertainment, etc.

It’s beyond useful for businesses. I mean it’s free advertising reaching millions of people basically for free.

It’s one of those things that is what you make of it.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

-wine guessing game
    -marriage advice
    -a dead cat video

I don't live in Pittsburgh but is there something in the water? Why can't our players be normal?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s beyond useful for businesses. I mean it’s free advertising reaching millions of people basically for free.

And if you're a narcissist it's the BOMB!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Is it, though?

I literally know one person that uses Twitter. Yet somehow everyone I know is fairly well informed about current events, doesn't miss major pop culture events, and is more than well advertised to.

Honestly, anything truly "important" that emerges on Twitter is well covered elsewhere that isn't a sewer via reposting/repeating the content in under an hour. From my outside perspective it seems Twitter just offers the ability to hear/see things "first" with the tradeoff off that it is a conduit for stupid and toxic to enter your life even more. Personally, I would rather be a bit slower to find the information/content and be able to avoid the baggage. Same reason I ditched most other social media as well.

I also realize that individual mileage may vary and each person should enjoy whatever tools they want from the internet. I just don't feel that Twitter really does anything that other platforms don't or can't also do (and some were doing already).

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If Twitter is so worthless why are all of you reading it and/or discussing its content?
    I don’t read it. The only tweets that I EVER read are posted on this board.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I miss the days of Jack Lambert and Andy Russell sneaking out after curfew, spending the night drinking, and showing up to games hung over.

Similarly, I pine for the days of yore, when the Steelers teams of the early 2000s would board party trains (full of “dancers”) to New York and/or take chartered flights to Vegas (with lots & lots of “dancers”) on the Fridays before home games.

Social media is ruining the modern NFL. Damn Gen Z kids!!! Get off of my lawn!!!

Tongue in cheekness aside, anyone who finds humor in animal cruelty has got serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I don’t read it. The only tweets that I EVER read are posted on this board.
    Yet you’re reading them.

At least Bell and Brown actually did something on the field before they turned into public douchebags. Bush has done absolutely nothing. If he walked away right now he’d be in the running for biggest bust in Steelers history.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yet you’re reading them.
    Yes, if someone like teegre chooses to share a tweet from someone else, I will read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Is it, though?

I literally know one person that uses Twitter. Yet somehow everyone I know is fairly well informed about current events, doesn't miss major pop culture events, and is more than well advertised to.

Honestly, anything truly "important" that emerges on Twitter is well covered elsewhere that isn't a sewer via reposting/repeating the content in under an hour. From my outside perspective it seems Twitter just offers the ability to hear/see things "first" with the tradeoff off that it is a conduit for stupid and toxic to enter your life even more. Personally, I would rather be a bit slower to find the information/content and be able to avoid the baggage. Same reason I ditched most other social media as well.

I also realize that individual mileage may vary and each person should enjoy whatever tools they want from the internet. I just don't feel that Twitter really does anything that other platforms don't or can't also do (and some were doing already).
    How old are you and how old are those people who are well informed? Guessing probably older than the social media target audience?

But what you are saying, that’s the point. The news gets out “first” and then you can see it immediately wherever you do choose to get a more in depth story. Twitter gets you the news fast (and on the go) if you so choose to use it that way. Nothing else can do that but the social media element. It’s pretty much everything in one spot. You don’t have to follow Devin Bush. If you’re a Trumper, you can follow some Trumper feeds…it’s all customizable in one place.

Nothing can get you the exposure that Twitter does if you are a company looking for free exposure. So it’s valuable in that way as well. If it wasn’t useful, 70% of businesses wouldn’t be using it.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If Twitter went away tomorrow I really don't see businesses suddenly suffering. Like I said above it is full of narcissists and trolls.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I only used Twitter to troll Trump supporters when i was bored

How old are you and how old are those people who are well informed? Guessing probably older than the social media target audience?

But what you are saying, that’s the point. The news gets out “first” and then you can see it immediately wherever you do choose to get a more in depth story. Twitter gets you the news fast (and on the go) if you so choose to use it that way. Nothing else can do that but the social media element. It’s pretty much everything in one spot. You don’t have to follow Devin Bush. If you’re a Trumper, you can follow some Trumper feeds…it’s all customizable in one place.

Nothing can get you the exposure that Twitter does if you are a company looking for free exposure. So it’s valuable in that way as well. If it wasn’t useful, 70% of businesses wouldn’t be using it.
    Fair points. But for news, you’re basically just looking at an RSS feed driven through personalities and brands. Only problem is that it’s a mile wide and an inch thick. No detail, context, or background data. In that sense Twitter took something that already existed and added a social element to it. So for news you basically have the comments thread without the actual info/facts of the article in a “standard” website.

I question the value of companies on Twitter. Old(er) people don’t care - I’m hardly gonna choose my hardware store based on their Twitter presence. Younger people can almost immediately identify corporate shills and official brand accounts. And then just flame them. Again, what do I know, but what does a company get from Twitter? Exposure as either a troll, an insincere brand when they attempt to care about something, or they go viral for the wrong reasons. Companies, to an outsider, appear to be on Twitter because their marketing and social media teams tell them they have to. The only reason apparently is that everyone else is doing it. So a big % of 15-35 year olds are online constantly. Then a bunch of those people get hired to “do social” for a company. Boom - now they’re on Twitter and Insta and Snap. But can anyone tell you why? Doesn’t seem that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fair points. But for news, you’re basically just looking at an RSS feed driven through personalities and brands. Only problem is that it’s a mile wide and an inch thick. No detail, context, or background data. In that sense Twitter took something that already existed and added a social element to it. So for news you basically have the comments thread without the actual info/facts of the article in a “standard” website.

I question the value of companies on Twitter. Old(er) people don’t care - I’m hardly gonna choose my hardware store based on their Twitter presence. Younger people can almost immediately identify corporate shills and official brand accounts. And then just flame them. Again, what do I know, but what does a company get from Twitter? Exposure as either a troll, an insincere brand when they attempt to care about something, or they go viral for the wrong reasons. Companies, to an outsider, appear to be on Twitter because their marketing and social media teams tell them they have to. The only reason apparently is that everyone else is doing it. So a big % of 15-35 year olds are online constantly. Then a bunch of those people get hired to “do social” for a company. Boom - now they’re on Twitter and Insta and Snap. But can anyone tell you why? Doesn’t seem that way.
    It doesn’t have to be a mile wide. You can customize it to your needs. If there’s a story that peaks your interest, you just go to that app to read more about it, click on the link that is most often provided or just google it. Nothing can match the customization, the ease and the convenience.

I mean it’s free advertising and promotion and 70% or so businesses use it so it must have some sort of value to them.