Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTF is up with Devin Bush!?!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: WTF is up with Devin Bush!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It doesn’t have to be a mile wide. You can customize it to your needs. If there’s a story that peaks your interest, you just go to that app to read more about it, click on the link that is most often provided or just google it. Nothing can match the customization, the ease and the convenience.

I mean it’s free advertising and promotion and 70% or so businesses use it so it must have some sort of value to them.
    Again, for the news/information component you are describing the internet. Basically using Twitter as a content aggregator and then "reading" more on whatever grabs your attention. That already exists in dozens of variations online. Twitter is just a "social" version of that. Again, if people like it - great, but it isn't a unique thing. For instance, I have never NOT heard about a Schefter or Rappaport Twitter fueled rumor. But I am not on Twitter. So something is matching the customization, ease, and convenience...I am getting all the NFL rumor news I want and ZERO of the stuff I don't...

Just because a lot of business are using a thing doesn't mean it is a useful or effective thing. Business often do things because of a fear of missing out component. Out of curiosity, I searched around and the only 2 "quantifiable" reasons that businesses were advised to use Twitter was "brand recognition" and "search engine optimization". Again...two things you can 100% accomplish other ways.

Twitter is a lazy way to communicate information, puff up the egos of people who crave attention, and let others filter the internet for you. Everything that Twitter does can be done with other tools/methods. Again, if a person likes it or enjoys it- fine. But I wish people would stop pretending it is this revolutionary necessity.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I don’t need Twitter - I come here for all my relevant Steelers - football news

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Again, for the news/information component you are describing the internet. Basically using Twitter as a content aggregator and then "reading" more on whatever grabs your attention. That already exists in dozens of variations online. Twitter is just a "social" version of that. Again, if people like it - great, but it isn't a unique thing. For instance, I have never NOT heard about a Schefter or Rappaport Twitter fueled rumor. But I am not on Twitter. So something is matching the customization, ease, and convenience...I am getting all the NFL rumor news I want and ZERO of the stuff I don't...

Just because a lot of business are using a thing doesn't mean it is a useful or effective thing. Business often do things because of a fear of missing out component. Out of curiosity, I searched around and the only 2 "quantifiable" reasons that businesses were advised to use Twitter was "brand recognition" and "search engine optimization". Again...two things you can 100% accomplish other ways.

Twitter is a lazy way to communicate information, puff up the egos of people who crave attention, and let others filter the internet for you. Everything that Twitter does can be done with other tools/methods. Again, if a person likes it or enjoys it- fine. But I wish people would stop pretending it is this revolutionary necessity.
    I get it. You hate Twitter and no matter how many facts one could throw out, Twitter just isn’t for you. But you can’t say it’s not relevant, successful or useful. That’s just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I get it. You hate Twitter and no matter how many facts one could throw out, Twitter just isn’t for you. But you can’t say it’s not relevant, successful or useful. That’s just silly.
    Some may find it useful. Several years ago when I played around with it, I found it cumbersome to find what I wanted and exclude what I didn't. I also think that it is undeniable that there is nothing unique about it. It is a way to aggregate content and then share your feelings about that content. We are doing that right now. Facebook does the same. So does Instagram. So does literally almost anything else online.

For instance, I am on this Steelers forum and no others. Why? This is the least annoying one I could find. Is it the best? I don't know, but the conversations here tend to be about actual football things and not constant hot takes and knee-jerk reactions (both do happen) designed to make the poster look "cool". So I stick around here. Again, I have only dipped my toe in the waters of Twitter, but Twitter seems totally full of people trying to look "cool" and have an instant "take". Maybe if I spent more time seeking out "good" content and curating things to follow...? No idea and I suspect I will never find out.

The point is that it doesn't accomplish anything that multiple other things can not do and it has some serious drawbacks.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I only used Twitter to troll Trump supporters when i was bored
    LOL, that's exactly what they're doing to you.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wish they would separate their business wing from the Communist wing.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

WTF is up with Devin Bush!?!

Some may find it useful. Several years ago when I played around with it, I found it cumbersome to find what I wanted and exclude what I didn't. I also think that it is undeniable that there is nothing unique about it. It is a way to aggregate content and then share your feelings about that content. We are doing that right now. Facebook does the same. So does Instagram. So does literally almost anything else online.

For instance, I am on this Steelers forum and no others. Why? This is the least annoying one I could find. Is it the best? I don't know, but the conversations here tend to be about actual football things and not constant hot takes and knee-jerk reactions (both do happen) designed to make the poster look "cool". So I stick around here. Again, I have only dipped my toe in the waters of Twitter, but Twitter seems totally full of people trying to look "cool" and have an instant "take". Maybe if I spent more time seeking out "good" content and curating things to follow...? No idea and I suspect I will never find out.

The point is that it doesn't accomplish anything that multiple other things can not do and it has some serious drawbacks.
    Twitter/Facebook/Instagram…they are all pretty much the same and you’d be hard pressed to find anywhere else on the internet that has the daily users that those three platforms have. Without looking, I’d say combined they are probably 2 billion people per day visiting those websites. Facebook probably being the most followed by Instagram and then Twitter. All of which are geared to the user down to the ads they see and the items they buy. These companies know exactly what you are buying before you go into the store based on you. It’s beyond useful for businesses.

My Twitter feed comes up with exactly what I want.

Bush has evidently been “punished” for his Twitter rant over the weekend.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

yup, I bet he has really learned his lesson.

You might say he got "cancelled"?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I still can’t get over the knuckleheads that think because of freedom of speech that a company (i.e., The Steelers/NFL) can’t penalize or terminate you over things you say. There’s some ignorant people in this country.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I still can’t get over the knuckleheads that think because of freedom of speech that a company (i.e., The Steelers/NFL) can’t penalize or terminate you over things you say. There’s some ignorant people in this country.
    but hey, how bout dem Phoenix Suns!

You might say he got "cancelled"?
    Lol. Wonder who was the one dealing the “punishment”…Steelers? PR Staff? Someone else?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Lol. Wonder who was the one dealing the “punishment”…Steelers? PR Staff? Someone else?
    Zach Banner

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Agreed. A lot of people mistake freedom of speech, with freedom from accountability.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

most IMO understand that concept, they just don’t like the double standard. I mean seriously a lot of people called for Gundys firing after wearing an OAN shirt fishing. Grant Nappier fired for saying all lives matter. Pretty benign statements opposed to maxine waters calling for violence.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Zach Banner
    Lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I don’t use/follow anyone on Twitch, but I also know that millions of people use it. Same goes for Instagram. And, Snapchat. And, Facebook. And, Twitter. And, TikTok. And, Ghostpic (or, whatever the “next” form of social media will be.)

It is akin to different condiments. Some swear by Tapatio. Others put Frank’s “on everything”. Others smother their food with sriracha.

Going back to an earlier point, I still find it funny that people get enraged about JuJu & Claypool dancing on social media… and simultaneously point to the “good ol’ days” (of overindulging on alcohol & prostitutes the nights leading up to games).

That said, Bush needs some help. Really. Banner has jokingly put him on a “two tweet per day” cap, but underneath, Bush’s sudden snap from reality is not a joke.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t use/follow anyone on Twitch, but I also know that millions of people use it. Same goes for Instagram. And, Snapchat. And, Facebook. And, Twitter. And, TikTok. And, Ghostpic (or, whatever the “next” form of social media will be.)

It is akin to different condiments. Some swear by Tapatio. Others put Frank’s “on everything”. Others smother their food with sriracha.

Going back to an earlier point, I still find it funny that people get enraged about JuJu & Claypool dancing on social media… and simultaneously point to the “good ol’ days” (of overindulging on alcohol & prostitutes the nights leading up to games).

That said, Bush needs some help. Really. Banner has jokingly put him on a “two tweet per day” cap, but underneath, Bush’s sudden snap from reality is not a joke.
    That is your preference, but some people are all over the board with Cholula, Franks, Valentina, Sriracha, DaBomb, Hoisin, and dont even get to spices like Tony Chachere's Creole, Old Bay or for the Hawaiian posters, some Jeff's smoked salt mix.

Young people do dumb stuff and hopefully Banner, Vinny or Heyward reigns in whatever is going on with Bush.

All that being said, I hope JuJu keeps doing his think on Tik Tok, as its harmless. Just do it on the down time. Now look at this combination of 2 great things.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

TiM LumBEr tElleD mE ThaT mAYNazE iS thE onLy conDomAnt woRthY oF beINg menCHinnEd iN ThE saMe bReaTh aS aN oWl dOg swEaTEr.

Devin Bush: ‘It’s my Twitter, so (the Steelers) can’t control it’

https://triblive.com/sports/devin-bu...nt-control-it/

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Devin Bush: ‘It’s my Twitter, so (the Steelers) can’t control it’

https://triblive.com/sports/devin-bu...nt-control-it/
    no they can't, but they do control your paycheck and that matters

Non-issue.

A few years ago, Tomlin banned Mike Mitchell from posting on Twitter (via heavy fines).

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A few years ago, Tomlin banned Mike Mitchell from posting on Twitter (via heavy fines).
    Mike Mitchell is looking like a visionary in comparison to Bush who looks like a psychopath
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Mike Mitchell is looking like a visionary in comparison to Bush who looks like a psychopath
    True. Bush seems a little off (like he legitimately might need counseling).

What Mitchell did was more drastic (telling someone to kill themselves), but it was in the heat of the moment. As Andy Bernard would say: “That was an OVER-reaction.”

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I don’t care what he tweets as long as he plays like the #10 pick. That said, I don’t see him getting a second contract with the Steelers.

I don’t care what he tweets as long as he plays like the #10 pick. That said, I don’t see him getting a second contract with the Steelers.
    I agree with this prediction. I know there is still time and there are many other stars on this defense, but he just doesn't seem to have a consistent impact.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I agree with this prediction. I know there is still time and there are many other stars on this defense, but he just doesn't seem to have a consistent impact.
    I also agree he is unlikely to get a 2nd contract with his current demeanor , but as to the bold we have to remember he's a young pup whom as a rookie has a couple picks a handful of pass defensed and a forced fumble and a TD ... and since then he has only played 5 games in which he managed 3 PD's

not all world but for his first 17 NFL starts I think it is fair to say he has proven he can play in this league and will likely get better as time goes on ( if his 10 cent head doesnt get in the way )

he isnt Devin White but he isnt Dirty Red either

I also agree he is unlikely to get a 2nd contract with his current demeanor , but as to the bold we have to remember he's a young pup whom as a rookie has a couple picks a handful of pass defensed and a forced fumble and a TD ... and since then he has only played 5 games in which he managed 3 PD's

not all world but for his first 17 NFL starts I think it is fair to say he has proven he can play in this league and will likely get better as time goes on ( if his 10 cent head doesnt get in the way )

he isnt Devin White but he isnt Dirty Red either
    Very true. I didn't mean to say that Bush was/is bad...but if he wants a "BIG I was drafted in the top 10 second deal" he is going to have to join Watt and Fitzpatrick as "star" players on the defense. Heck, for all I know that would have happened last season if he stayed healthy.

For instance...if Patrick Queen makes Bush NOT the best young ILB in his own division...how does that change the Steelers approach to his contract? Again...not to bash Bush...but I think we can reasonably assume he is going to ask for the moon when his rookie deal is over...if nothing else because of where he was picked. Will his play justify a moon shot?

Very true. I didn't mean to say that Bush was/is bad...but if he wants a "BIG I was drafted in the top 10 second deal" he is going to have to join Watt and Fitzpatrick as "star" players on the defense. Heck, for all I know that would have happened last season if he stayed healthy.

For instance...if Patrick Queen makes Bush NOT the best young ILB in his own division...how does that change the Steelers approach to his contract? Again...not to bash Bush...but I think we can reasonably assume he is going to ask for the moon when his rookie deal is over...if nothing else because of where he was picked. Will his play justify a moon shot?

fair points ...

This year will tell us a lot I think , how does he bounce back , was he taking the mental reps last year when down , can he make the calls , how will his body respond .... has he lost any of his speed which his game is predicated on ??

we shall see .............

as for the money if he behaves himself he has 2 more years after this one to earn that payday ( 5th year option if worthy )