Thread: Opinion: Sha'Carri Richardson's marijuana ban is another example of Olympic hypocrisy

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Opinion: Sha'Carri Richardson's marijuana ban is another example of Olympic hypocrisy

Moderators, my apologies, move it wherever you think it should be.

Opinion: Sha'Carri Richardson's marijuana ban is another example of Olympic hypocrisy

2:12 PM EDT Jul. 2, 2021
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65)]

Adding counter-culture sports isn’t enough to make the three-piece-suit-wearing, five-star-hotel-staying, mostly-white-male Olympic officials hip, cool or remotely in tune with current norms.
    Just how removed from reality they are was brought into sharp focus – again – on Friday, when U.S. sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson accepted a one-month “doping” suspension that will keep her out of the 100 meters at the Tokyo Olympics. The big, bad drug that Richardson got busted for? Marijuana.
    That’s right. Pot.

[/COLOR]
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sp...sy/7840888002/

What a damn shame.
    Last edited by willy; 07-03-2021 at 01:08 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Should More Players eat Vegan?

If it’s against the rules…just don’t do it. It’s not a hard concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't see what the big deal is, it's not a performance enhancer. Free country, right?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is, it's not a performance enhancer. Free country, right?
    No. The olympics are in Japan. Japan has zero tolerance for banned drugs. If you take Adderall you can't bring it into Japan. Olympic athlete or not. If Japanese law bans marijuana, then the same applies. Rules are the same for every athlete regardless of which country they are there to represent. It's a privilege, not a right.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I agree. I dont know of anybody that smoked weed and got bigger, faster, stronger, or more motivated to train. But its on the IOC banned list, so its a violation and she knows it.

She said that she smoked some to help deal with some anxiety of the recent death of her mother. I still missed the whole connection to eating vegan in the headline, but whatever.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree. I dont know of anybody that smoked weed and got bigger, faster, stronger, or more motivated to train. But its on the IOC banned list, so its a violation and she knows it.

She said that she smoked some to help deal with some anxiety of the recent death of her mother. I still missed the whole connection to eating vegan in the headline, but whatever.
    There is no connection. I deleted that article and replaced it with this one. The vegan one was boring.

I haven't been able to find a way to change the thread title.

Again, moderators, I apologize for posting this in the NFL section.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Opinion: Sha'Carri Richardson's marijuana ban is another example of Olympic hypocrisy

a joint gets ya ousted BUT you can have a penis and be in womans weight lifting ...

fucking stupid

Pot isn't a performance enhancing drug , but testosterone is
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Opinion: Sha'Carri Richardson's marijuana ban is another example of Olympic hypocrisy

I was going to run in the Olympics
    But I got high
    Now I deliver packages for UPS
    And I know why
    Cuz I got high
    Cuz I got high
    Cuz I got high
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

a joint gets ya ousted BUT you can have a penis and be in womans weight lifting ...

fucking stupid

Pot isn't a performance enhancing drug , but testosterone is
    I agree with that. I'm all for LGBT rights, but being born a man gives an unfair advantage in sports. Sports should first of all be about fairness, there's a reason why sports leagues separate genders and some have weight classes.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I agree with that. I'm all for LGBT rights, but being born a man gives an unfair advantage in sports. Sports should first of all be about fairness, there's a reason why sports leagues separate genders and some have weight classes.

and who said there wasn't some common ground between liberals and conservatives
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

and who said there wasn't some common ground between liberals and conservatives
    The political spectrum isn't all black & white, not all 'liberals' are of the same cloth as AOC / Sanders or the Green Party lol. I lean right on a lot of issues and mostly voted Republican or 3rd party throughout my life. I leaned Republican in 2016 until Trump became the frontrunner, but that's a story for another thread.