Thread: NFL rescinds one-helmet rule

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

NFL rescinds one-helmet rule

The league sent out a memo, which was obtained by CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones, and in that memo, the NFL let teams know that the one-helmet rule will be phased out following the 2021 season. Under the new rule, teams can add a second helmet option starting in 2022, which means any team that wants to take advantage of the new rule can add an alternate color. Any team that wants to add a second helmet will have to make that decision by July 31 of this year even though they wouldn't be wearing it until 2022.

The one-helmet rule was originally put into place back in 2013 as a way to improve player safety. The NFL's belief was that a worn-in helmet is safer for players to wear than a brand new one that hasn't yet conformed to their head.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...q_MPdrYIJhfsp0

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: NFL rescinds one-helmet rule

At least half the teams in the league changed their helmet color and logo designs for the worst, hopefully now some of them can correct their blunders -

thankfully the Steelers are not one of those teams

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    At least half the teams in the league changed their helmet color and logo designs for the worst, hopefully now some of them can correct their blunders -

thankfully the Steelers are not one of those teams
    Maybe see the return of the Yellow Lids for one game.

Bucs gotta be bringing back the Creamsicle!!!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Maybe see the return of the Yellow Lids for one game.

Bucs gotta be bringing back the Creamsicle!!!
    I don’t mind the yellow Steelers helmets here and there,

yes on the bucs helm! makes Brady an easier target, I think lurie wanted to bring back the Kelly green eagles helmets, that wouldn’t be bad either

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Smart.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The league sent out a memo, which was obtained by CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones, and in that memo, the NFL let teams know that the one-helmet rule will be phased out following the 2021 season. Under the new rule, teams can add a second helmet option starting in 2022, which means any team that wants to take advantage of the new rule can add an alternate color. Any team that wants to add a second helmet will have to make that decision by July 31 of this year even though they wouldn't be wearing it until 2022.

The one-helmet rule was originally put into place back in 2013 as a way to improve player safety. The NFL's belief was that a worn-in helmet is safer for players to wear than a brand new one that hasn't yet conformed to their head.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...q_MPdrYIJhfsp0
    to the bold ... if they truly believed that why isnt each players head molded and a helmet made to exacting detail to ones head , no two helmets the same each one personalized for you for safety sake ... sure it would be more costly but if you truly believe its safer in a league supposedly all about safety money should be no object ... it is a multi billion $ industry after all
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

The one catch to this is that teams have submitted there 2022 uniforms to the league. So unless they had the foresight to submit the retro uniform (which I believe they said the Bucs did), there may be no point in switching helmets for some teams. I’d like to see what the Color rush black uniforms look like with the yellow Steelers helmet. I expect the black on black would be my preference.