View Poll Results: What Unit will be Most Improved in 2021?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

0 0%
  • RB

9 56.25%
  • OL

4 25.00%
  • WR/TE

3 18.75%
  • DL

0 0%
  • LB (OLB/ILB)

0 0%
  • DB

0 0%
  • ST

0 0%

Thread: Most improved unit?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Most improved unit?

What unit will be the most improved in 2021, over last year?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Most improved unit?

I was tempted to vote QB. I really Ben has the potential to have a great year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’ll say the WR group. JuJu should excel playing more outside. Claypool with another year under his belt. DJ drops two less balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

OL or bust!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

heheh he said unit

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm really hoping it will be the OL. But how can it not be the LBs? With Bush coming back and with the additions I think it should be a stronger room. The secondary which wasn't bad, may be scary good this season. Fun to speculate about.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

How can it not be RB? The garbage we've sent out since Bell left is laughable. Yes Conner was good when healthy but how often was that? You just knew every time he touched the ball it could mean a 4-6 week injury.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    How can it not be RB? The garbage we've sent out since Bell left is laughable. Yes Conner was good when healthy but how often was that? You just knew every time he touched the ball it could mean a 4-6 week injury.

That's a hope as well. I expect the RB room to be improved but the OL has a big say in just how much, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

WR my guess.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

The RB position is absolutely upgraded, but the OL is what will make/break this team. We need the OL to be our biggest upgrade.

Idk how LBs can be thrown into this discussion. Losing Dupree and replacing him with Highsmith is a downgrade any way you look at it. I suppose if Johnson can take over a starting role at some point in the season you might have an argument.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

RB unit SHOULD be the biggest upgrade , it had the greatest amount of draft capital spent on it ( rd 1 RB , rd2 TE that can block better than last years group , a few Lineman )

if its not the most improved group heads need to roll
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    The RB position is absolutely upgraded, but the OL is what will make/break this team. We need the OL to be our biggest upgrade.

Idk how LBs can be thrown into this discussion. Losing Dupree and replacing him with Highsmith is a downgrade any way you look at it. I suppose if Johnson can take over a starting role at some point in the season you might have an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    That's a hope as well. I expect the RB room to be improved but the OL has a big say in just how much, IMO.
    While I agree with you guys about the OL it's not even close in IMHO. Even if the OL is middle of the road good, a legit RB like Harris will be leaps and bounds better than the trash we've rolled out there the the past few years between Conner's "healthy spurts".

While I agree with you guys about the OL it's not even close in IMHO. Even if the OL is middle of the road good, a legit RB like Harris will be leaps and bounds better than the trash we've rolled out there the the past few years between Conner's "healthy spurts".
    I also think Harris will be the biggest improvement player-wise. McFarland could be a much better player than last season too. But as a unit, if the OL isn't much better the offense doesn't go. So I'm hanging my hopes on the OL taking a huge leap forward this year.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Now that DeCastro is gone I’m afraid it won’t be the O line.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Optimistically I was going to say TE exclusively, but honestly the RB position has nowhere to go but up.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Now that DeCastro is gone I’m afraid it won’t be the O line.
    I'm not so sure that it doesn't strengthen the case for the OL being most improved. The 2020 verse of DC was not good and if Turner is healthy, it's another upgrade to the rebuilt OL.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm not so sure that it doesn't strengthen the case for the OL being most improved. The 2020 verse of DC was not good and if Turner is healthy, it's another upgrade to the rebuilt OL.
    Yeah, I posted my comment before the Turner signing. I agree that Turner should be an upgrade over an injured 2020 DeCastro, but I think we were all assuming that a healthy 2021 DeCastro would be an even bigger upgrade over 2020 DeCastro.

If our rebuilt OL can play at "decent" level NH should have plenty of room to run and wear down defenses. I really hope that's Canada's plan. Wear them down then throw deep on them with play/action.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

If our rebuilt OL can play at "decent" level NH should have plenty of room to run and wear down defenses. I really hope that's Canada's plan. Wear them down then throw deep on them with play/action.

sounds like the 70s & 80s Raiders
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 07-02-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    sounds like the 70s & 80s Raiders
    I'd be okay with that. It really comes down to two things. If our defense can survive the players losses (Bud, Hilton) and keep us in games. If we have a grinding run game and Ben is good enough to still pull off throws when we really need him (instead of on EVERY play) then I like our chances to get lucky. Personally I doubt Ben sniffs another Superbowl but I can hope.