Thread: Adran Klemm describes how the new Steelers offensive mentality isn't an option

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Adran Klemm describes how the new Steelers offensive mentality isn't an option

Adrian Klemm describes how the new Steelers offensive mentality isn't an option

Jeff Hartman

Are you an old school football fan?

Do you like smash mouth football?

How often do you find yourself longing for three yards and a cloud of dust?

Well, if I just described you in the previous statements, you should absolutely love the Pittsburgh Steelers new offensive line coach, Adrian Klemm.

Klemm, a former player in the NFL, prides himself in physicality and aggressiveness. If you think a lineman for Klemm is going to be playing patty cake with the defender opposite him, you might want to think again.

During the Steelers’ three day mandatory minicamp, media were able to speak with Klemm and ask him a variety of questions about the upcoming season. Klemm didn’t hold back, or disappoint.

“You can’t stray away from it,” Klemm said referring to the physicality required in 2021 along the line. “You set the tone for what it’s going to be and you create an environment in a room, carry that out to the field. You’re demanding of it every, single day.

“It’s not that we’re trying to find ourselves; this is who we’re gonna be. If you’re gonna live in this world that’s how we’re gonna live. If you can’t do it, you’ll be at home or you’ll be on the sideline with a hat on. It’s not a democracy in our room; this is what it is.”

Read the rest here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...dhp&li=BBnbfcL

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Adran Klemm describes how the new Steelers offensive mentality isn't an option

Great Stuff!! Cant wait to see the first preseason game.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Adran Klemm describes how the new Steelers offensive mentality isn't an option

games are won in the trenches , whomever can impost their will the most usually wins the game ... I like his attitude and approach
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I had to read the headline four times before figuring out how to make sense out of it.

Strictly speaking, what they mean is that it is the ONLY option. Not being an option at all would mean that it’s excluded from possibility, which makes no sense.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I had to read the headline four times before figuring out how to make sense out of it.

Strictly speaking, what they mean is that it is the ONLY option. Not being an option at all would mean that it’s excluded from possibility, which makes no sense.
    Not optional?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Great Stuff!! Cant wait to see the first preseason game.

Every time I hear this guy speak or read quotes, I get more excited about the direction of the OL from a philosophical and attitudinal standpoint. We then need the reinforcement of the proper techniques and training to see this line transform into a mauling, downhill group of man-movers. I don't know that it will happen immediately, but when that style of play is expected and coached, and playing time can become diminished for not meeting that expectation....it will have a positive effect on the entire group. I also believe it will strengthen the run defense as they also have to raise their level to compete with the other side of the ball on a daily basis.

The proof will have to show itself on the field. I know some question the motivational needs of professionals, but if you've ever played this sport and been around men that demand physicality and toughness you understand how powerful that message and mindfulness can be. They have football concepts that are the foundation of everything they do. It is powerful...and it works. There is nothing more satisfying than dominating the man across from you.

Every team groups together and goes "1...2...3...PHYSiCAL!!!!"

Not every team means it.

I think Klemm means it.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

2020 Wildcard game.

Steelers down 35-23. 4th down and 1 at midfield.

Tomlin chooses to punt. Browns get the ball back, score again and put the game away.

People say the decision was controversial. I say it was self admittance at what everyone else already knew about the Steelers for years now. Tomlin did not have the confidence that his own offense could convert short yardage in a critical spot in the game and For good reason. Years of flirting with the Killer B's and gaudy passing had taken a toll. This team had become Charmin soft and a championship was just a passing fancy until changes were made. Yet another team goes into Heinz Field and bullies the Steelers around like nothing. Soft.

I think Klemm saw this and realized what needs to be done. Will he see success? Maybe. It may take a while, it may not even work at all. But something has to be done.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    2020 Wildcard game.

Steelers down 35-23. 4th down and 1 at midfield.

Tomlin chooses to punt. Browns get the ball back, score again and put the game away.

People say the decision was controversial. I say it was self admittance at what everyone else already knew about the Steelers for years now. Tomlin did not have the confidence that his own offense could convert short yardage in a critical spot in the game and For good reason.
    Tomlin lived in his fears.