Thread: WRs: Most Bang for Your Buck

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

WRs: Most Bang for Your Buck

There is quite a bit of debate on Twitter about who has the “best” WR corps… specifically in the AFC North. BengalGirl5150 is all about Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, and JaMarr Chase. She also hates everything about JuJu and Chase Claypool.

Anyway, there was an interesting stat mentioned (by a “non-AFC North” analyst) about the cost of each team’s receiving corps. And, the Steelers are spending the LEAST amount of any NFL team for their WRs. And, it’s not even close.

So, Higgins (et all) might be better. Sure. I don’t really care about off-season rankings. But, what cannot be denied is that the Steelers have the best “per dollar spent” receiving corps of any team in the NFL.

As in:
    The Steelers draft WRs really, really well.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: WRs: Most Bang for Your Buck

One thing’s for sure, it’s not the Ravens that have the best WR corp! Steelers receivers are underrated in that they aren’t first rounders. I’ll take them above the other teams in the AFCN.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Team by team comparison for 2020:

Steelers - DJ, JuJu, Wash, Claypool
    Ravens - Boykin, Hollywood, Snead, Moore
    Browns - Landry, OBJ, Higgins, Hodge
    Bengals - Green, Boyd, Ross, Higgins

2021 expected WR corps:

Steelers - DJ, JuJu, Wash, Claypool
    Ravens - Boykin, Hollywood, Watkins, Bateman(R)
    Browns - Landry, OBJ, Higgins, Peoples-Jones
    Bengals - Boyd, Higgins, Chase, ???

I think the Steelers and Bengals are 1a and 1b if talking pure WR talent level. I still give Ben the edge over Burrow. I still give the Steelers OL the edge over the Bengals OL. Probably Browns 2nd, and the Ravens 3rd.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    There is quite a bit of debate on Twitter about who has the “best” WR corps… specifically in the AFC North. BengalGirl5150 is all about Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, and JaMarr Chase. She also hates everything about JuJu and Chase Claypool.

Anyway, there was an interesting stat mentioned (by a “non-AFC North” analyst) about the cost of each team’s receiving corps. And, the Steelers are spending the LEAST amount of any NFL team for their WRs. And, it’s not even close.

So, Higgins (et all) might be better. Sure. I don’t really care about off-season rankings. But, what cannot be denied is that the Steelers have the best “per dollar spent” receiving corps of any team in the NFL.

As in:
    The Steelers draft WRs really, really well.
    So we are kinda playing Moneyball with our wr's ? Sounds good to me and love the group.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    So we are kinda playing Moneyball with our wr's ? Sounds good to me and love the group.
    Bingo!!!

JuJu’s one-year $8 million contract made him only the third WR in the past three decades to get a contract beyond his rookie deal. The other two were Ward and AB.