Thread: Richard Sherman on Stephen A. Smith: “I’m not afraid of playing in the AFC North…”

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Richard Sherman on Stephen A. Smith: “I’m not afraid of playing in the AFC North…”

Richard Sherman was on Stephen A. Smith’s show. Stephen A. asked Sherman about playing for the Steelers. Sherman replied that he wouldn’t mind that, but that the Steelers haven’t reached out.

Stephen A. said he’d give Coach T a call (to tell him to contact Sherman).

The quote about “not being afraid of playing in the AFC North” was mostly about how cold it is up there. Stephen A. reminded him that Seattle is just as cold.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Richard Sherman on Stephen A. Smith: “I’m not afraid of playing in the AFC North…”

He wouldn’t really be a good fit on the Steelers though. Isn’t he more of a zone CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Richard Sherman on Stephen A. Smith: “I’m not afraid of playing in the AFC North…”

is he afraid of playing for the vet minimum?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Can he play safety?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

They could find away to get him a couple Mill 1 year deal if they want him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Don't you ever talk about him!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Can he play safety?
    I’ve always thought he could make the transition if he were willing. He’s a cerebral DB.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steven Nelson is still a FA. I would re-sign him before even considering Richard Sherman.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I’ve always thought he could make the transition if he were willing. He’s a cerebral DB.
    That’s kind of what I was thinking, might be able to be good backup/help for guys like Edmunds, not that it has any real chance of happening

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe he just said that so Arizona would show interest in him?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steven Nelson is still a FA. I would re-sign him before even considering Richard Sherman.
    I’d like to see Nelson return as well. The Steelers are right up against the cap though. I can’t see it happening.

Member Array title="Blast Furnace is on a distinguished road">

I’d like to see Nelson return as well. The Steelers are right up against the cap though. I can’t see it happening.
    Considering Nelson account of what happened, I'm not sure he would want to return to the Steelers - they kinda screwed him over and never communicated anything to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Blast Furnace View Post
    Considering Nelson account of what happened, I'm not sure he would want to return to the Steelers - they kinda screwed him over and never communicated anything to him!
    You’re most likely right, but stranger things have happened. It would depend on what kind of offers he gets. He’ll most likely sign somewhere at a higher price than the Steelers would be willing to pay, but if he’s still unsigned at the start of training camp, you never know. He’s already familiar with the Steelers system so it’s the easiest place to slide back in.

But it’s still a long shot. Mostly for money reasons. Hurt feelings can usually be mended with dollars.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

You’re most likely right, but stranger things have happened. It would depend on what kind of offers he gets. He’ll most likely sign somewhere at a higher price than the Steelers would be willing to pay, but if he’s still unsigned at the start of training camp, you never know. He’s already familiar with the Steelers system so it’s the easiest place to slide back in.

But it’s still a long shot. Mostly for money reasons. Hurt feelings can usually be mended with dollars.
    Nelson allowed a 97.0 passer rating last season, up 31 points from 2019.

he gave up 57 rec on 98 targets for 732 yds and 7 TDs.

let him go be a hostage somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Nelson allowed a 97.0 passer rating last season, up 31 points from 2019.

he gave up 57 rec on 98 targets for 732 yds and 7 TDs.

let him go be a hostage somewhere else.
    Yeah but he was a shut down guy the year before. Makes me think that on a one year deal to possibly set up his only shot at a big money contract, maybe the 2019 Nelson shows up.

Or not. Only would be worth it for minimal money, and if we had the cap space.

Right now I’m not happy with our depth at CB. I think some undrafted FA will most likely make our 53.