Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

"The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Re: "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

Maybe over Obama's "white house" in SE DC.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Isn't there another religion that believes the whole world will be under it in the future? Who cares if the flag if Islam flies over the WH as long as it's after the Rapture...

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

You can pick any major religion of the world and there are those extremists within those religions that make stupid, outrageous claims in "the name of (insert name deity)" He's just another idiot

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Can you imagine if every time a news program did a story on Christianity they interviewed Phelps and people argued that he spoke for the religion as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Isn't there another religion that believes the whole world will be under it in the future? Who cares if the flag if Islam flies over the WH as long as it's after the Rapture...
    Not Christianity....since that is what you are alluding to.

The Bible teaches that "this" world will never fully accept Christianity.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Not Christianity.

The Bible teaches that "this" world will never fully accept Christianity.
    And what does it say happens to those who don't?

Well...In keeping with the original point of the post...they will NOT be flying a Christian flag over the White House.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Well...In keeping with the original point of the post...they will NOT be flying a Christian flag over the White House.
    Would you like to try an experiment of proposing putting a cross over the White House and seeing how many Christians support it?

Isn't the point of the original post to create fear of Islam by playing the opinions of a kook? I go back to my question about Phelps.

Would you like to try an experiment of proposing putting a cross over the White House and seeing how many Christians support it?
    Nope...not interested in hijacking this thread in the name of your justification.

You implied that Christianity thought the same way...and brought up the rapture. Even though that makes no sense at all, since the Christians wouldnt be here to raise a flag....and those that remain are DEFINATELY not going to raise a Christian flag.

It was a poor comparison and off topic.

-- Jack Lambert --

Nope...not interested in hijacking this thread in the name of your justification.

You implied that Christianity thought the same way...and brought up the rapture. Even though that makes no sense at all, since the Christians wouldnt be here to raise a flag....and those that remain are DEFINATELY not going to raise a Christian flag.

It was a poor comparison and off topic.
    Not implying anything of the sort. I'm pointing out that the same false implications can be made about Christianity that the original post is making about Islam as a whole by playing the opinions of one.

Not implying anything of the sort. I'm pointing out that the same false implications can be made about Christianity that the original post is making about Islam as a whole by playing the opinions of one.
    ...except that there is no need to make that sort of justification. It is VERY obvious in the video that the extremist was not speakin on behalf of all muslims. We all saw the muslims that disagreed with him. We all understand it to be mainly a muslim against muslim discussion.

The video is about how extreme fundamental muslims DO want to take over the world. NOT how ALL muslims want to take over the world.

Your broad brush (and incorrect) statement about Christianity as a whole stands in stark contrast to the point made in the video about a extreme sect of Islam.

-- Jack Lambert --

...except that there is no need to make that sort of justification. It is VERY obvious in the video that the extremist was not speakin on behalf of all muslims. We all saw the muslims that disagreed with him.

The video is about how extreme fundamental muslims DO want to take over the world. NOT how ALL muslims want to take over the world.

Your broad brush (and incorrect) statement about Christianity as a whole stands in stark contrast to the point made in the video about a extreme sect of Islam.

Do you understand the Phelps reference?

Incorrect broad brush was how I made the point - that being, broad brushes always incorrect.

Do you understand the Phelps reference?
    Did you understand the point of the video...you know...like the BIG BOLD TITLE at the beginning that said Moderates vs Extremist.

-- Jack Lambert --

Did you understand the point of the video...you know...like the BIG BOLD TITLE at the beginning that said Extremist vs. Moderates
    I do. I just don't think that was the point of posting it here since the title of the thread is "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"

If Mach1's point was that there is one kook who said a stupid thing then I am directly ON TOPIC. If his point is "Islam bad" then I am on topic with an opposing view. What's your view?

I do. I just don't think that was the point of posting it here since the title of the thread is "The Flag of Islam will one day fly over the White House"
    The point is obvious.

The EXTREMIST fundemental Muslim made that statement while arguing with a moderate Muslim and the majority of the Muslim crowd was shocked by his ignorance and arrogance. It confirms what most people already know...extreme fundamental muslims are not content with being left alone to worship as they see fit...they believe that they must destroy anyone who does not believe as they do...INCLUDING MODERATE MUSLIMS.

If anything...this video should make you happy because it confirms that MOST MUSLIMS do not agree with the fundamentalists.

Not sure why you feel the need to rationalize the statement made by the extremist.

-- Jack Lambert --

The point is obvious.

The EXTREMIST fundemental Muslim made that statement while arguing with a moderate Muslim and the majority of the Muslim crowd was shocked by his ignorance and arrogance. It confirms what most people already know...extreme fundamental muslims are not content with being left alone to worship as they see fit...they believe that they must destroy anyone who does not believe as they do...INCLUDING MODERATE MUSLIMS.

If anything...this video should make you happy because it confirms that MOST MUSLIMS do not agree with the fundamentalists.

Not sure why you feel the need to rationalize the statement made by the extremist.

But the extreme view of other religions including Christianity feel the same way other than the destroy part which you made up because he didn't say that in the vid. Do you disagree? (warning, I have youtube video's ready)

But the extreme view of other religions including Christianity feel the same way other than the destroy part which you made up because he didn't say that in the vid. Do you disagree? (warning, I have youtube video's ready)
    Again...why the need to bring up Christianity at all? The thread is about what an EXTREMISTS Muslim said while arguing with moderate Muslims.

The facts are:

1) the video shows two different opinions of the Muslim faith.
    2) One is an extremist and did indeed say that the islamic flag would fly above the whitehouse
    3) the other being moderate, was shocked and disagreed with the extremist viewpoint.

If you are "somehow" trying to argue that there are extremists in every religion...then I am not sure who you are arguing with. Who doesnt believe that? You are muddying the discussion with an arguement that noone is debating.

You have argued elsewhere that people are painting all Mulsims with a big brush...but when presented with a video that actually shows that not all muslims are extremists you STILL try and argue the content.

as far as my making up the word destroy...I wasnt quoting the video verbatim but rather referring to extremist fundamental muslims M.O. of using deadly force instead of diplomacy.

-- Jack Lambert --

I brought up Christianity to illustrate that using and extreme view of one person doesn't say anything about the religion as a whole because they all have interpretations that can be taken as crazy. Christianity was the best religion to use for that because it's the one most people here know about and don't have fear towards whether they believe or not.

On the video the extremist also said "if you want to live in peace with Muslims we are quite happy to live in peace with you." He then was talking about the prophesy in Islam that it will one day be the world's religion. That's why I brought up the Rapture. If you get a room full of Christians talking about Revelation (no s) and presenting their interpretations like those things will actually happen, don't you think it might scare people who fall into eternal damnation categories?

But the video did not show ONE point of view..it showed BOTH points of view and gave both sides a chance to give thier views. If the extremist was shown in a bad light it was by the content of his speech, not by a twisting of words or one side commentary.

Again..the Christian comparison doesnt hold out because Christianity teached that this world will NEVER fully accept the Christian faith.

You said..

If you get a room full of Christians talking about Revelation (no s) and presenting their interpretations like those things will actually happen, don't you think it might scare people who fall into eternal damnation categories?
    Do Christians want others to accept Christianity? Yes and they do that through evangalism. You can most certainly compare that to moderate muslims and their desire to bring others to the islamic faith. Not sure how you can compare that to "EXTREME....FUNDAMENTAL....ISLAM". Do you believe that extreme fundamental muslims are peaceful? The moderate Muslims dont believe that....why do you?

-- Jack Lambert --

On the video the extremist also said "if you want to live in peace with Muslims we are quite happy to live in peace with you." He then was talking about the prophesy in Islam that it will one day be the world's religion.
    If you believe that...you might want to ask fellow muslims who did not adhere to the Talibans interpretation of Islamic law, just how "peaceful" the extremists are.

-- Jack Lambert --

If you believe that...you might want to ask fellow muslims who did not adhere to the Talibans interpretation of Islamic law, just how "peaceful" the extremists are.
    That's not about religion, it's about thugs wanting control and justifying it with religion. The guy with the bomb on his back might be a true, if misplaced believer, but the guy planning it and strapping bombs on kids to do the dirty work is a cynical power hungry thug. The leaders of the Taliban, I promise you, don't follow the laws behind closed doors. They get power and enjoy all the evil vices like everyone else does. They just like being vicious and in control and feared. Religion has always been a useful tool for that.

That's not about religion, it's about thugs wanting control and justifying it with religion. The guy with the bomb on his back might be a true, if misplaced believer, but the guy planning it and strapping bombs on kids to do the dirty work is a cynical power hungry thug. The leaders of the Taliban, I promise you, don't follow the laws behind closed doors. They get power and enjoy all the evil vices like everyone else does. They just like being vicious and in control and feared. Religion has always been a useful tool for that.

BINGO!!!

...and now you understand what drives extreme fundamentalism of any religion. Its about the have and the have nots. Its about power as you correctly stated.

Extreme Muslims want to crush everyone..including moderate muslims...under the heel of muslim sharia law. Their strict interpretation of Islam is meant to keep "others" under their control. I totally agree that extremists of any religion are not inclined to follow their own dictates behind closed doors....because it IS about power and not about faith.

So when I hear a Fundamental extremist Cleric say that they want to live in peace...and then turn around and say that the Whithouse will be under a Mulsim flag....you can apply your own logic to the "how" of his dream...and can be assured that his "peace" is the same type if peace an abusive father gets from his cowered and bruised child.

-- Jack Lambert --

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

bad things, man......bad things

Stay classy, leftnutz

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

This is the flag that soon will fly over the White House . Great Job on everything you touch Barry .

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

This guy isn’t the “extreme” of islam. His words and deeds are representative of islam and its leadership. islam’s stated purpose is the submission of all mankind, and brutal reprisals to those that won’t submit. That is all the evidence you need that islam is satanic. God forces nobody to bow or submit. He gave us our own free will.

That's not about religion, it's about thugs wanting control and justifying it with religion.
    That’s about the only thing you’ve ever said that I agree with, but not for the reason you meant. islam is not a religion. It’s a mafia. Look no further than your own illustration…

The guy with the bomb on his back might be a true, if misplaced believer, but the guy planning it and strapping bombs on kids to do the dirty work is a cynical power hungry thug. The leaders of the Taliban, I promise you, don't follow the laws behind closed doors. They get power and enjoy all the evil vices like everyone else does. They just like being vicious and in control and feared. Religion has always been a useful tool for that
    The rulers of islam are brutal despots that control hordes of inbreds under the heel of “submission”. Further evidenced by the smug cynicism of the “cleric” in the video…

On the video the extremist also said "if you want to live in peace with Muslims we are quite happy to live in peace with you."
    Same as saying “Peace is the absence of opposition to socialism”. And there is the nexus. The problem for y’all is that what you call “liberal” or “progressive”, or even “socialist” won’t be tolerated under sharia. Yinz’ll be the first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post

bad things, man......bad things

Priceless Gal!!

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Priceless Gal!!

Thank you Thank you
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    hordes of inbreds

That phrase tells me everything I'll ever need to know about the way you think

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

That phrase tells me everything I'll ever need to know about the way you think
    Your response betrays your ignorance. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...ll=1#post40470

Or is it denial?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Your response betrays your ignorance. http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...ll=1#post40470

Or is it denial?
    I deny seeing that racist website before. I was ignorant about it being one of your favorites. It's interesting to see all the garbage on it.