Thread: 2021 Steelers schedule

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

2021 Steelers schedule

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: 2021 Steelers schedule

Dang...open on the road again!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Huh, we have 5 and potentially 8 nationally televised games this year.
    it's why i don't buy sunday ticket, you're basically paying for 10 games if that

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Those last 4 games should be entertaining.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Team has some minor issues early on, goes on a hot streak mid-season with some big wins. Fans talk Playoffs/Super Bowl, then the team falls off a cliff come November. Tomlin is called to be fired on this board for "underachieving" and "wasting talent".

Well, there no "bad teams" on that schedule to blow games on, so maybe they can pull a 2008 again.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Why does the season start so late? With the 17th game they are still playing four preseason games, I thought the deal was to cut a preseason game? Why not start the season 9/5 and instead of ending it 1/9/2022? The NFL is approaching the MLB/NHL/NBA level of stupid too long schedule. With playoffs and added teams the Superbowl is going to be mid February now. Football is brutal and adding this game is going to end people's careers a lot sooner now.

20-0! Najee runs for 5,000 yards Ben passes for 5,000 more and his elbow explodes after the Superbowl!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Why does the season start so late? With the 17th game they are still playing four preseason games, I thought the deal was to cut a preseason game? Why not start the season 9/5 and instead of ending it 1/9/2022? The NFL is approaching the MLB/NHL/NBA level of stupid too long schedule. With playoffs and added teams the Superbowl is going to be mid February now. Football is brutal and adding this game is going to end people's careers a lot sooner now.

20-0! Najee runs for 5,000 yards Ben passes for 5,000 more and his elbow explodes after the Superbowl!
    They like to start after Labor Day weekend now. Ratings are higher when people aren’t on a trip/vacation/picnic/outdoors/whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If Chargers were still in San Diego I'd go to that game for sure. Easy trip. No interest in going to LA.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm calling 11-6 and wildcard

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Team has some minor issues early on, goes on a hot streak mid-season with some big wins. Fans talk Playoffs/Super Bowl, then the team falls off a cliff come November. Tomlin is called to be fired on this board for "underachieving" and "wasting talent".

Well, there no "bad teams" on that schedule to blow games on, so maybe they can pull a 2008 again.
    I'm actually seeing it a bit different. I'm seeing something similar to 2018. I think we start ok. Maybe 4-2 or 3-3 before the break. We should be able to have a winning record over the next 7 games. There is no reason to loose to any of the 3 NFC North teams we play during this stretch. But I figure we do, and end up with no better than 7-6 or 6-7. Then suddenly we inexplicably decide to play better after its almost too late. We beat the Titans, Chiefs and Browns and head to Baltimore with no margin for error. Win we are in. Lose we are out.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Posting for Teegre:

20-0!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

8-8-1. Tomlin's streak of "non-losing seasons" remains intact.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Ben’s arm is rested and healed
    Running game comes alive this year
    Defense picks up from last year

8-1 at home, we pick up 3-4 more on the road, and make noise in the playoffs with first postseason win in a number of years

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    8-8-1. Tomlin's streak of "non-losing seasons" remains intact.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Steelers' schedule has about as many 50/50 games as the schedule makers could squeeze in. Plus 10 games vs last year's playoffs teams.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Posting for Teegre:

20-0!

Taking a serious look at the AFC what will it take to make the playoffs in 2021?

AFC North: went 4-2 in 2020 with no run game and bad OL play. Late season COVID game in Cleveland we left several starters at home. I still don’t understand that 2nd Bengals game. I think WE have improved even if the other guys have too.

AFC South: I don’t see a strong playoff push by the Jags or the Texans this year. Maybe I’m being a bit over-confident here but I just don’t. The Titans will be good and my favorite to win the South. Indy will depend on QB play and defensive improvement like most teams.

AFC East: I don’t expect to see the Jets in the 2021 playoffs. How much better, if any better, will the Patriots be? Bills or Phins take the East, IMO. The other will be in the wildcard hunt.

AFC West: Nothing the Broncos did makes me think they are 2021 playoffs contenders. Sophomore year for SD, I think they can improve but not enough to be West contenders. Maybe Wildcard hunt. The Raiders have to prove it on defense before I’m a believer. KC is the clear front runner again.

AFC contention other than North teams(ALL MY OPINION): Titans, Colts, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs. I think this is 3 division winners and possibly 2 teams in the Wildcard hunt.

North contenders: Ravens and Steelers just like nearly every year.

Steelers: I think this team will have a very real shot at repeating as North champs. I could see another sweep of the Ravens in 2021. The Browns are going to have to prove to me they can push for the playoffs 2 years in a row, not yet a believer. The Bengals will bungle as usual. So obviously win the division and in the playoffs. As a Wildcard will prove the tougher road I think.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is it here yet?!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

what do you guys think our record will be heading into the bye week?

4-2

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Some type of unleashing of hippo fart hell?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

6-0

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

5-1

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

2-4

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

5-1