Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roland Rivers lll Accepts Steelers Rookie Camp Invite

Member Array title="Disco1981 has a spectacular aura about">

Re: Roland Rivers lll Accepts Steelers Rookie Camp Invite

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I know I have been practicing using more non-confusing abbreviations. Always trying to be a better me.
    It's reaping benefits...You sound spectacular!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

In addition to those already mentioned ....

Jake Delholmme
    Donnie Shell
    London Fletcher
    Arain Foster
    Chris Harris jr
    Cliff Harris
    Priest Holmes
    Jim Langer
    Sam Mills
    Warren Moon
    Nate Newton
    Drew Person
    Jason Peters
    John Randle
    Tony Romo
    Jeff Saturday
    Emmit Thomas
    Justin Tucker
    Brian Waters
    Willie Wood
    Marion Montley
    Dave grayson
    Larry Little
    Coy Bacon
    Rod Smith
    Joe Jacoby
    Cornell Green
    Willie Brown
    Erik Kramer
    John Kitna
    Jim Hart
    Jeff Garcia
    Dave Krieg
    Bart Scott
    Cameron Wake
    Victor Cruz
    Cole Beasley
    Adam Thielen
    Miles Austin
    Malcom Butler
    Wes Welker

I mean we could go on and on and on and on the list of UDFA players who became exceptional at their craft is almost mind boggling .... I am of the belief that after the 3rd round it doesn't matter how you first arrive at a teams facilities its then a matter of what you do with the time there ...Talent lies under many unturned rocks the more rocks ( slippery rock ) you turn over the more likely you find talent
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 05-19-2021 at 07:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I mean we could go on and on and on and on the list of UDFA players who became exceptional at their craft is almost mind boggling .... I am of the belief that after the 3rd round it doesn't matter how you first arrive at a teams facilities its then a matter of what you do with the time there ...Talent lies under many unturned rocks the more rocks ( slippery rock ) you turn over the more likely you find talent
    I honestly think, there's not much of a gap of raw talent between round 3 and undrafted players. You have a ton of players in the late-undrafted rounds who say, can run a 4.4 but are either raw or played for a small school. Any player that can even get a shot on an NFL team as an undrafted rookie are probably still the top .01% of football talent.

You have players like Antonio Brown or James Harrison who don't look like they'll be anything in the NFL but they just turn into madmen as far as improving their craft and turn into stars. They weren't uber talented, just 'talented enough' and worked on the skill aspect of the game to be better than everyone else. Though not too many people have work ethics like this, it seemed like AB and Harrison literally spent all their waking hours training or lifting weights. I hear AB had to eat 5000-6000 calories a day just to keep up with the amount of training he did, that's crazy.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

How many of the UDFA mentioned played in Canada or another league and made a name there first? Maybe they were not 'draftable' guys and needed that development they got in a different league. Some of those are just plain misses by 32 teams. Some were developmental guys that grew into their NFL roles.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

How many of the UDFA mentioned played in Canada or another league and made a name there first? Maybe they were not 'draftable' guys and needed that development they got in a different league. Some of those are just plain misses by 32 teams. Some were developmental guys that grew into their NFL roles.

There are guys like Cameron Wake, that worked on his game and became a dominant NFL player.

Joe Horn
    Mervyn Fernandez
    Mike Vanderjagt
    Brandon Browner
    Joe Theismann
    Last edited by pczach; 05-20-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Sam Mills. UDFA cut by Cleveland and Toronto in CFL.

Went to the USFL and played very well. THen got another chance in the NFL and kicked ass.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Then you see a name like John Randle. Oooops!