Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devin Bush complains about Tim Tebow getting a job before Kaepernick

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Re: Devin Bush complains about Tim Tebow getting a job before Kaepernick

Tebow is a douche. During his NFL days, he Said he only wanted to play QB and refused to move to TE. I also can’t stand his “holy than thou” persona.

Kap is a douche. To think that he deserves a QB job because of his past is being an entitled toddler.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The funniest thing about this is the people who think a guy whose most notable accomplishment was getting benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert is not in the NFL solely for political reasons.

Btw, you would think that being part of a team that was embarrassed in a home playoff game against a team being coached by a special teams coordinator thrust into an active head coaching role would lead to enough humility to not run his mouth about who another team signs, but guess not

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Hope Bush gets rid of that penis ponytail

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Tebow is a douche. During his NFL days, he Said he only wanted to play QB and refused to move to TE. I also can’t stand his “holy than thou” persona.

Kap is a douche. To think that he deserves a QB job because of his past is being an entitled toddler.
    Yes but it seems Tebow adjusted his "demands" and is willing to play TE. Kap is still a douche and turning down offers to play or even workout for teams. Fuck him.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post

What, exactly, has Tebow said or done that makes him holier than thou? Don't confuse what the press has said or what others have said vs. what he has said or done.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    What, exactly, has Tebow said or done that makes him holier than thou? Don't confuse what the press has said or what others have said vs. what he has said or done.
    He reportedly charges $50K+ to speak at churches and charities.

When he last played it was widely rumored that he didn’t know the plays and was not attempting to consistently improve his game.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

When he last played it was widely rumored that he didn’t know the plays and was not attempting to consistently improve his game.
    That actually adds up. I know he is bad but I think he could have had a long career as a backup largely because of his size and running in short yardage/goal line.

Tebow not having "intangibles" makes him all but worthless.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Do you have any proof of this besides what Mary said at the water cooler?

This is what I found:

Tebow – who is available for corporate appearances, endorsements and speaking engagements – has a booking fee of $30,000 to $50,000 per event.
    A lot of people charge to speak at places.

Michael Jordan is a keynote speaker and industry expert who speaks on a wide range of topics . The estimated speaking fee range to book Michael Jordan for your event is $200,000 and above.
    You posted this like Tebow is charging $50K to speak at your corner church. I'm sure those fees are probably for large gatherings at religious events.

Do I love Tebow, nope could care less but if you really honestly compare him to Kaepernick ... no contest. But let's look at NOW. Tebow agreed to play TE and hasn't demanded he has to be a starter. Kaepernick has. Kaepernick has turned down offers to work out for teams unless "HIS" demands are met and then has the balls to say the NFL is blocking him from playing. He's a cancer and a douche bag.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

How much does OJ charge to speak at events?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Huh? You think Tebow charging a pastor's annual salary to speak for an hour at a church isn't a douchebag move?

The only people who care about Tebow at all are Christians. The only people who would pay Tebow to speak are Christians. Who else exactly would pay Tebow $50,000 to speak? Gators alumni? Maybe in Florida but not in Denver.

"Tebow – who is available for corporate appearances, endorsements and speaking engagements – has a booking fee of $30,000 to $50,000 per event."

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

He's willing to cut his fee for the right cause.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

He's slashing his prices.

Sure, but how does that make him "Holier than thou?" which is a way of saying he has an attitude of moral superiority and is critical of people who do not hold his morals. I admit I don't follow him so there's a good chance I've missed something. But my guess is ETL went for the "Has faith=Holier than thou" argument, which is false.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sure, but how does that make him "Holier than thou?" which is a way of saying he has an attitude of moral superiority and is critical of people who do not hold his morals. I admit I don't follow him so there's a good chance I've missed something. But my guess is ETL went for the "Has faith=Holier than thou" argument, which is false.
    Because you're obviously not allowed to make a living and charge a fee if you're a person of faith! </sarcasm>. For one thing, it's just something that was alleged in a book about John Elway. I've heard many people say just the opposite -- that he is a great human being. But some people are always going to assume the worst about anyone that is Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Because you're obviously not allowed to make a living and charge a fee if you're a person of faith! </sarcasm>. For one thing, it's just something that was alleged in a book about John Elway. I've heard many people say just the opposite -- that he is a great human being. But some people are always going to assume the worst about anyone that is Christian.
    That's because the only thing that can save Christians from being massive hypocrites is humility.

Instead of saying that Tebow is a flawed human being like the rest of us; you have implied that any criticism of him is just people hating Christians.

Most Christians don't charge massive speaking fees to speak at churches.

How is Tebow different than Joel Osteen?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For me, charging more than most of the congregation makes in a year to talk about hard work, sacrifice, humility, service, and other typical Christian values strikes me as a kinda jerk move.

But I also think the kind of “mega” churches that will bring in a guy like Tebow are kind of a scam…but that’s a whole other debate. Why is Jesus always short on cash?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    That's because the only thing that can save Christians from being massive hypocrites is humility.

Instead of saying that Tebow is a flawed human being like the rest of us; you have implied that any criticism of him is just people hating Christians.

Most Christians don't charge massive speaking fees to speak at churches.

How is Tebow different than Joel Osteen?
    I have implied that the comment about him taking a fee doesn't mean he's a hypocrite. And I have explicitly stated that it's only an allegation from one book. Your posts really don't make much sense on any topic.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He's willing to cut his fee for the right cause.
    he offers cut-throat prices.

Again those that think a church on main street is saving up its collection plate for years to pay for Tebow are missing the point. He's probably speaking at large Christian events or most likely businesses. And again he was making a living it's no different than Bill Clinton being paid millions to speak in China or Russia.

Looks like no one’s hired Tebow to speak in at least 2 years.

But your false equivalence was fun and political, so that was neat o.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Tim Tebow, Colin Kaepernick, and OJ Simpson walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, “Is this some sort of joke???”

Looks like no one’s hired Tebow to speak in at least 2 years.

But your false equivalence was fun and political, so that was neat o.
    There is no statute of limitations on past douchebag behaviour- that is open to subjective interpretation.

A person is not morally good because they stop a behaviour they are incapable of performing. Tebow was old news and not by his choice.

I have implied that the comment about him taking a fee doesn't mean he's a hypocrite. And I have explicitly stated that it's only an allegation from one book. Your posts really don't make much sense on any topic.
    It might make more sense to you if you opened up YouTube and saw that every one of Tebow's speaking appearances was at some church or megachurch.

Cognitive dissonance much? How can you pretend that Tebow goes on and on about Christ for a fee to a group... that... is... not... Christian? Makes zero sense.

https://www.christianspeakers360.com.../tim-tebow.php

Be better. Be smarter.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

It might make more sense to you if you opened up YouTube.

Be better. Be smarter.

It might make more sense to you if you opened up YouTube and saw that every one of Tebow's speaking appearances was at some church or megachurch.

Cognitive dissonance much? How can you pretend that Tebow goes on and on about Christ for a fee to a group... that... is... not... Christian? Makes zero sense.

https://www.christianspeakers360.com.../tim-tebow.php

Be better. Be smarter.
    This is why I’m not concerned about whether Tebow is mocking God, or for that matter, those in this thread who mock God.

“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”
    Galatians‬ 6:7‬

Everyone is going to give an account.

This is why I’m not concerned about whether Tebow is mocking God, or for that matter, those in this thread who mock God.

“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”
    Galatians‬ 6:7‬

Everyone is going to give an account.
    Who mocked God? Tebow got mocked a bit. Megachurches that operate to extract cash from their congregations got called into question. But no one has mocked the existence, power, or belief in God.

Or is questioning anything faith adjacent (like Tebow's carefully crafted public persona) just out of bounds?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Alannis Morrisette?! Made me throw up a little bit. You must have been so mad when Lilith Fair was cancelled this year.

Alannis Morrisette?! Made me throw up a little bit. You must have been so mad when Lilith Fair was cancelled this year.
    name of the song is "Ironic"

just like you telling people to "Be better. Be smarter."

and I have no idea who Lilith Fair is.

but apparently you do.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    name of the song is "Ironic"

just like you telling people to "Be better. Be smarter."

and I have no idea who Lilith Fair is.

but apparently you do.
    Sorry I forgot who I was talking to. A fair is a large gathering with live entertainment, usually activities, and an exchange of goods. A fair is obviously not a person.