Thread: Steelers Sign former NY Jets DB Arthur Maulet

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers Sign former NY Jets DB Arthur Maulet

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers Sign former NY Jets DB Arthur Maulet

So....Maulet Island and Super Bowl!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

championship!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Nothing like scooping from the bargain bin of the jets

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So the Jets played him out of position from what I've been reading. He's really a CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Safety John Battle and cornerback Trevor Williams were cut.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I guess this means no Bobby McCain. Dolphins cut McCain to keep from paying nearly $7M. I was hoping he would be the move. Keep watching the waiver wire though. Players keep showing up.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I guess this means no Bobby McCain. Dolphins cut McCain to keep from paying nearly $7M. I was hoping he would be the move. Keep watching the waiver wire though. Players keep showing up.
    McCain probably gets more from another team than what the Steelers would offer. Jeff Heath is the free agent that interest me. Former Cowboys safety that was recently released from the Raiders.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 05-07-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    McCain probably get's more from another team than what the Steelers would offer. Jeff Heath is the free agent that interest me. Former Cowboys safety that was recently released for the Raiders.
    My thoughts too as for McCain. I’m not familiar with Heath. Any Safety brought in as a FA is coming in for depth and ST reps only. Minkah and Terrell have the position pretty much locked down. It’s what plays behind them that is scary.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I bet he is all business up front and party in the back.

Film breakdown of Maulet.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/05/film-room-steelers-find-versatility-with-arthur-maulet-signing/

With how the depth is at safety, he could make the 53.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

every time I get on the board i see this thread and skim read signed Arthur Moats
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

every time I get on the board i see this thread and skim read signed Arthur Moats
    Same here.

There's an article on the forum homepage that talks about Maulet and Brooks Jr getting time in the slot playing the Mike Hilton role. It also mentions Tre Norwood will get a look at playing in the slot as well. It's a Triblive article so maybe the link will work.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    There's an article on the forum homepage that talks about Maulet and Brooks Jr getting time in the slot playing the Mike Hilton role. It also mentions Tre Norwood will get a look at playing in the slot as well. It's a Triblive article so maybe the link will work.
    On my the depth chart, Brooks is listed as the number one nickelback.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler