Thread: The Steelers are projected to receive a 3rd and 5th round compensatory pick in 2022

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The Steelers are projected to receive a 3rd and 5th round compensatory pick in 2022

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: The Steelers are projected to receive a 3rd and 5th round compensatory pick in 2022

4 (for Loudermilk)
    5 (for Williamson)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: The Steelers are projected to receive a 3rd and 5th round compensatory pick in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    4 (for Loudermilk)
    5 (for Williamson)
    Thats good. I thought I heard the feeling from Colbert was that they would get a 4th as compensatory, so that is why he didnt hesitate in trading away a 4th next year for a guy they thought was worth a 4 this year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Nothing for Hilton or is he cancelled out somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Nothing for Hilton or is he cancelled out somewhere?
    I read we will get a 6th for Hilton if Joe Haeg doesn't play very much (like less than 30% of the snaps).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I read we will get a 6th for Hilton if Joe Haeg doesn't play very much (like less than 30% of the snaps).
    I would’ve thought Hilton would pull a 5. I don’t think Haeg makes the final roster when all is said and done. But I know very little...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Looks like we are in great Cap shape for next year. I expect that the Steelers are going to be doing some creative maneuvering to be able to trade up for the QB of the future in the 2022 draft. This years draft was more about getting ready to support the young QB come and trading away the farm to get him next year....JMO.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

With $75 million in cap space, expect Watt and Minkah to get large extensions.

JuJu was probably smart to wait until next offseason to get a longer/bigger contract. Conversely, this just shows how dumb Steven Nelson was; if he had just played this season, and then extended after the season, there would have been plenty of money for him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

JuJu was probably smart to wait until next offseason to get a longer/bigger contract. Conversely, this just shows how dumb Steven Nelson was; if he had just played this season, and then extended after the season, there would have been plenty of money for him.
    Shhhhh....this will destroy the narrative that the meddling Rooneys are cheap and dumb and Khan and Colbert should be fired.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Looks like we are in great Cap shape for next year. I expect that the Steelers are going to be doing some creative maneuvering to be able to trade up for the QB of the future in the 2022 draft. This years draft was more about getting ready to support the young QB come and trading away the farm to get him next year....JMO.

Love seeing that the Browns will be struggling.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Love seeing that the Browns will be struggling.
    I looked at that very first also. With the rest of the AFC North looking to be $40M+ to the positive, the Browns may get lapped at over $8M to the negative.

The Texans may be in even worse shape in their division.

It will be tough for the Bills to keep pace with how the Dolphins are doing right now too.

AFC West are dominating the money pool. Good thing we have a smarter GM.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

The other thing is that it puts the team in good position to be ready to get Ben's replacement. If Ben plays great this year and is back again next year...fine. But the way this is setting up, they drafted some good skill players and some developmental players while also having a ton of cap space. If they move on to Ben's replacement, the next QB is going to be surrounded by weapons and be put in a position to succeed. If there is enough room, they can even acquire a quality FA or two to really strengthen the roster.

If this draft works out pretty well, they are in a great spot going forward.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I would’ve thought Hilton would pull a 5. I don’t think Haeg makes the final roster when all is said and done. But I know very little...lol
    A 6th must be the lowest because all of the play time and compensations aren’t known yet. I’m not a comp pick analyzing guru or even close but I don’t think all the variables are in yet to determine a value.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The Steelers with cap room, I don't think I've ever seen that lol