Thread: The Steelers select CB/S Tre Norwood #245 overall

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The Steelers select CB/S Tre Norwood #245 overall

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select CB Tre Norwood #245 overall

Swiss Army knife, utility defensive back. Cam Sutten-esque in that regard.

Looking ahead... CB this year. When Edmunds leaves, he moves to SS.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select CB Tre Norwood #245 overall

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Swiss Army knife, utility defensive back

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select CB/S Tre Norwood #245 overall

Same idea as Ar'Darius... a safety/slot CB.

But, Norwood is 30 pounds bigger / 5 inches taller.

NOTE: I just looked back through the visits, and T&C were at his pro day. Somehow I missed him on my list. This pick makes a TON of sense.

Led the BIG 12 in interceptions with 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Cam Sutton, part II

98.3 SPARQ!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I was just looking at his 40 time, which I guess isn’t horrible, but it just got me wondering what really makes the difference in speed between one athlete and another of a similar build. Is it something you can actually work on? Or is it just some intangible magic that we’ll never understand?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Flexible Hammies!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Looks more of a safety than slot corner, but could at least be a dime defender. Here is a video from Senior Bowl and at the 1:20 mark and 5:00 mark he has defensive reps, where you can see the lack of speed. He does allright in the 1:20 mark, but is a bit late on his hip turn and looks to double step in the bucket when changing direction. The 5:00 rep he just gets turned around and doesnt have the speed to stick with the WR.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I like the Tre Norwood pick. He’s big enough to be a challenge in the middle. Our newest NB I believe.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I was just looking at his 40 time, which I guess isn’t horrible, but it just got me wondering what really makes the difference in speed between one athlete and another of a similar build. Is it something you can actually work on? Or is it just some intangible magic that we’ll never understand?
    All I know is that I never had it. And I just wanted enough speed to be a professional baseball player.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Speed is mostly something you're born with imo. I've always tried working on my sprints and running up hills to try and and improve my top speed but the guys on the team who were faster than me always just were, no matter how much i trained (and I was obsessive about it, just lacked the raw talent in that department)

I'm guessing it's like arm strength for a QB. Yeah there's working on mechanics to get that little extra, but there's really nothing in the gym that you can do that'll help you throw like Elway

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Speed is mostly something you're born with imo. I've always tried working on my sprints and running up hills to try and and improve my top speed but the guys on the team who were faster than me always just were, no matter how much i trained (and I was obsessive about it, just lacked the raw talent in that department)

I'm guessing it's like arm strength for a QB. Yeah there's working on mechanics to get that little extra, but there's really nothing in the gym that you can do that'll help you throw like Elway
    Running speed can be improved, but IMO you have to have something to work with to start. Marcus Allen wasnt as fast in college as he was in the NFL, until he started training with a track coach. Young kids around 8-10 can become pretty fast on the football field by the time they are 16-18 as they train speed in the offseason.

As for arm strength. Get a kid in grade school a weighted football to throw and develop arm strength.

Wilson 20 oz football right here. https://www.wilson.com/en-us/footbal...ining-football