Thread: We finally got a big back that can beat off defenders

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We finally got a big back that can beat off defenders

somebody had to say it

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: We finally got a big back that can beat off defenders

hopefully he has suddenness and glide...

Member Array title="Blast Furnace is on a distinguished road">

If they don't draft some big uglies, he may need all that power just to get back to the line of scrimmage!

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

The last thing we need is our RB beating off players from the other team! That's disgusting!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    The last thing we need is our RB beating off players from the other team! That's disgusting!
    anything it takes to win

must wine! can no lose!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

That's not exciting, we used to have a running back who would hump his own teammates.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    hopefully he has suddenness and glide...

I know a lot of defenders are going to feel his suddeness when he runs them over and they are spread out in his tire tracks!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I know a lot of defenders are going to feel his suddeness when he runs them over and they are spread out in his tire tracks!
    He has glide too. I saw him hurdle a guy in his highlight reel.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    somebody had to say it
    Wers these infamous words from a steelersfever guy?

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

somebody had to say it
    People are wrong. Snell is big. Connor is far from small.

It's pretty lame.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreegking View Post
    People are wrong. Snell is big. Connor is far from small.

It's pretty lame.
    Do they regularly beat off the defenders though?

That's the important thing that the team was looking for.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

somebody had to say it
    I watch all the Bama games, the dude is a beast, never fumbles and dont believe the analysts, he can bust a game breaker at any time.

He's a stud, by far the best RB in the draft, great guy.,

Enough with the schmoes and 3rd string talent we been using.the last couple of years. They would make any O-line look bad.

My pee pee is still hard with this pick!

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    I watch all the Bama games, the dude is a beast, never fumbles and dont believe the analysts, he can bust a game breaker at any time.

He's a stud, by far the best RB in the draft, great guy.,

Enough with the schmoes and 3rd string talent we been using.the last couple of years. They would make any O-line look bad.

My pee pee is still hard with this pick!
    And I also don't think our O-line will be near as bad as some. Didn't Feiler struggle at LG? Dotson as a full time starter is a massive upgrade. Chuks is more athletic than AV, and Banner will be more than fine. As much as I loved Pouncey, he seemed to have 1 foot out the door at times. Finney will be ok, and the new center Green is crazy athletic. The more I read today, the more I really think that this revamped Oline and OL coaching staff and newer offensive philosophy will be pretty awesome.

When Juju and Washington are your #3 and #4 receiving options, that's pretty darn sweet. Oh... And don't forget about Freiermuth and Ebron. I'm excited to see what happens.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Harris certainly is the cock of the walk...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    And I also don't think our O-line will be near as bad as some. Didn't Feiler struggle at LG? Dotson as a full time starter is a massive upgrade. Chuks is more athletic than AV, and Banner will be more than fine. As much as I loved Pouncey, he seemed to have 1 foot out the door at times. Finney will be ok, and the new center Green is crazy athletic. The more I read today, the more I really think that this revamped Oline and OL coaching staff and newer offensive philosophy will be pretty awesome.

When Juju and Washington are your #3 and #4 receiving options, that's pretty darn sweet. Oh... And don't forget about Freiermuth and Ebron. I'm excited to see what happens.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The concern, for me anyway, is that the OL WAS bad last season. As of today there is mostly unknown. If Banner should tear the other ACL, who is his backup if Chuks is playing LT? If it IS Chuks, who takes over at LT? Was DeCastro indeed playing with a nagging injury we have heard nothing about, or has he entered the declining part of his career?

The hope is there with these younger guys because we have seen the flashes. BUT youth on the OL is a scary thing and experience makes it more comfortable. I think a lot of fan worry comes from we just don't know. I am an optimist though and I think the OL will be just fine if not much improved. But there will be moments.

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    And I also don't think our O-line will be near as bad as some
    We can only hope a younger line will be healthier, the old dogs were out hurt all the time last year. Pouncey started firing balls over Ben's head, I knew he was done.

If Canada runs more zone blocking offense, who knows, with some new plays and schemes we might even throw some REAL screen passes to our new stud RB!

They were soooo predictable on offense. Bring in a new playbook!