Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rounds 2 and 3

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: rounds 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I guess I am in the minority on this ...

Banner was the week 1 starter last year he won that job in camp at RT he will resume that role in 2021 and he is a mountain of a man in the best shape of his life reports claim ...

Decastro is decastro ... rock solid at RG

Finney played well in place of Pouncey before no reason to think he wont again , and if Honest Pouncey the last 2 years was not the all pro he once was his play declined

Dotson is gonna be a beast he played well as a rookie and that arrow is pointed up

Chuks proved he belongs if the move to LT doesn't hinder him any it will actually be an upgrade over AV...

so where is this line any worse than the last few years ??

one could argue its going to be better ...

I could see them drafting a Center and a swing tackle but I do not believe its imperative for success either
    Agreed, I could see a C but I think if Freirmuth is there at 55 he will be a Steeler.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I feel like I have 2 main targets at 55. Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey. Either one I think would be a bullseye. I would be fine with Josh Myers but it would feel a little bit like a concession pick.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I feel like I have 2 main targets at 55. Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey. Either one I think would be a bullseye. I would be fine with Josh Myers but it would feel a little bit like a concession pick.

fair enough , nothing wrong with coveting the guy of the future as I do not believe Finney is a " top tier guy" but he is serviceable at both Guard and Center making him a valuable depth piece that is starter capable ..

my point was more of we are not in dire straights if we do not make a selection that fills a O-line spot and I would be fine with a quality pick on a promising young center , I definitely didn't want to do that in round 1 tho ... personally cant get the secondary out of my head tho ... with no 5th year option given to Edmunds I would love to find his replacement sooner rather than later and Moehrig would have been perfect that said he doesn't last that long ... but its fun to consider the sort of things they could have done with a puzzle piece like him lining up with Minkah ... but I digress
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

fair enough , nothing wrong with coveting the guy of the future as I do not believe Finney is a " top tier guy" but he is serviceable at both Guard and Center making him a valuable depth piece that is starter capable ..

my point was more of we are not in dire straights if we do not make a selection that fills a O-line spot and I would be fine with a quality pick on a promising young center , I definitely didn't want to do that in round 1 tho ... personally cant get the secondary out of my head tho ... with no 5th year option given to Edmunds I would love to find his replacement sooner rather than later and Moehrig would have been perfect that said he doesn't last that long ... but its fun to consider the sort of things they could have done with a puzzle piece like him lining up with Minkah ... but I digress
    I agree, not in dire straights as a lot of people want to believe. They have enough to put together a good line, but not a lot of depth IMO.

Pouncey, Big Al and Feiler leave, but they add nfl veterans like Joe Haeg, BJ Finney and Aviante Collins. I still think they need more talent in the room to make for better competition and future planning, but the sky isnt falling if they draft a CB or TE in round 2.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

For the secondary there are a few names I really like. Asante Samuel Jr FSU, Shaun Wade OSU, Israel Mukuamu SC, Tre Norwood OK, Jevon Holland OR, Talanoa Hufanga USC, Divine Deablo VaTech, Tariq Thompson SDSU, Darren Hall SDSU. Should be a few to choose from this year. Whoever they select will backup and play ST primarily this season.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

You can't exit day 2 of the draft without addressing o-line. I'll relent and say that if they go OL in round 3 and say CB in round 2 it will be acceptable, but O-line needs to be addressed on tonight. Guard I'll give is in ok position with Dotson, DeCastro, and Finney, even if DeCastro is starting to regress a little, but center you need a starter. BJ Finney is not caliber center, he's not Sean Mahan bad, but they need upgrade. Tackle, at the very least they need depth, and Chuks and Banner are both question marks (especially with Banner coming off a torn ACL). Keeping in mind that they lost 3 starters in free agency and only replaced them with Finney and some scrubs and yeah it's imperative that they draft. Plus C and OT are probably where the value is going to be at pick 55 anyway

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It’s likely that C is the only position that’s drafted and will actually start next year. I say they go C in R2 and OT in R3. I won’t be surprised if they trade up to get their next HOF center.
    IDK, if they draft Meinarz, then its a big jump from DIII Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2019 at Guard (they didnt play football in 2020) to starting in the NFL at C, where he has to call out the defensive fronts, counts, identify the Mike and any protection adjustments. I think there is a good chance that Finney earns the starting spot, as a younger guy adjusts to the role, especially if its a guy that hasnt played much Center before.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    IDK, if they draft Meinarz, then its a big jump from DIII Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2019 at Guard (they didnt play football in 2020) to starting in the NFL at C, where he has to call out the defensive fronts, counts, identify the Mike and any protection adjustments. I think there is a good chance that Finney earns the starting spot, as a younger guy adjusts to the role, especially if its a guy that hasnt played much Center before.
    So... your'e saying... there's a chance.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here is a mock draft for Day 2:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...r-sam-darnold/

R2: Creed Humphrey, OC**, Oklahoma
    R3: James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati

**Interesting, because ZERO centers got picked before 55. Also, no Dickerson in R2 or R3.

ZIERLEIN
    Another one (R2 and R3 are separate).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...n-second-round
    https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...n-rodgers-in-t

R2: Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
    R3: Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida

Two guys who have been linked to the Steelers a LOT. Oh, and again, ZERO centers went before 55. This time, the Ravens get Dickerson in R3.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here is a mock draft for Day 2:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...r-sam-darnold/

R2: Creed Humphrey, OC**, Oklahoma
    R3: James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati

**Interesting, because ZERO centers got picked before 55. Also, no Dickerson in R2 or R3.

ZIERLEIN
    Another one (R2 and R3 are separate).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...n-second-round
    https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-dr...n-rodgers-in-t

R2: Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
    R3: Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida

Two guys who have been linked to the Steelers a LOT. Oh, and again, ZERO centers went before 55. This time, the Ravens get Dickerson in R3.
    You should check out ESPN. He has mocked Dickerson to the Giants, Humphrey to the Bears, Meinarz to the Steelers.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/i...samuel-jr-more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I am going to take a guess and say that Dickerson actually gets drafted in the 3rd round.

So many good linemen, WR's, DB's, RB's, Edge rushers available in the 2nd round that do not have the terrible medical history. IMO, the risk:reward starts balancing out in the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    You should check out ESPN. He has mocked Dickerson to the Giants, Humphrey to the Bears, Meinarz to the Steelers.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/i...samuel-jr-more
    It won't give me access. (Argh, ESPN!!!) Interesting that so many OCs went before 55.

So, if you had to choose between these two: Dickerson or Meinerz?

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

You never know whats really going to happen. However, I do expect that they will grab a OC in the 2rd round if one of them are still there. I also would not be shocked if they draft a corner in the 3rd, and go after an OT in the 4th. eI just have a gut feeling about Jaylon Moore.

Then again, I've read that they had a list of 8 names they would have taken at 24. What if one of those players are still there at when they pick in the 2nd.

Remember guys, you can work for months form a draft plan and a hand full of teems that pick ahead of you can blow it up.

AML

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If the pick is indeed Freiermuth expect heads to assplode around here!!!

As far as Myers being there at 87... alas, no. A few weeks back, some pundit was talking about the sweet spot for the centers was 55-66. All four would be there at 55, but Dickerson, Humphrey, & Myers would assuredly be gone by 66... with Meinerz possibly creeping in there, as well.

I’m not sure why they chose that last number (66), but they specifically stated that the Steelers would “have their choice” of the top OCs at 55.
    I’m good with that.

#DraftCreed!

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I guess I am in the minority on this ...

Banner was the week 1 starter last year he won that job in camp at RT he will resume that role in 2021 and he is a mountain of a man in the best shape of his life reports claim ...

Decastro is decastro ... rock solid at RG

Finney played well in place of Pouncey before no reason to think he wont again , and if Honest Pouncey the last 2 years was not the all pro he once was his play declined

Dotson is gonna be a beast he played well as a rookie and that arrow is pointed up

Chuks proved he belongs if the move to LT doesn't hinder him any it will actually be an upgrade over AV...

so where is this line any worse than the last few years ??

one could argue its going to be better ...

I could see them drafting a Center and a swing tackle but I do not believe its imperative for success either
    That’s kinda what I was saying earlier. We don’t know how these guys will operate as a run blocking unit. They may be quite serviceable and “quite serviceable” may be all they need with Harris back there and Ben back there...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
    Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia
    Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
    Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
    Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida
    Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
    Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
    Landon Dickerson, C Alabama
    Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma
    Quinn Meinerz, C Wisconsin-Whitewater
    Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan
    Dillon Radunz OT N Dakota St
    Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
    Christian Barmore, DE/DT, Alabama
    Jackson Carman, G/OT, Clemson
    Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
    Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
    Samuel Cosmi, OT Texas
    Dayo Odeyingbo, DE/DT, Vanderbilt
    Carlos Basham, DE/DT, Wake Forest
    Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington
    Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
    Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
    Richie Grant, S, Central Florida
    Elijah Molden, CB Washington

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    gut feeling, they really like both Dickerson and Freiermuth.
    Yep.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Agreed, I could see a C but I think if Freirmuth is there at 55 he will be a Steeler.
    Thank you!