Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Welcome to the B&G!

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Najee is a great RB. I'm not mad at the pick. Booger started talking about what many of us on here have said...The Oline is the most important factor in the running game. I would have still preferred Dickerson or Humphrey here, because I believe Baltimore is now going to snatch the best center in this draft.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He's a great runner with great size.

He can catch the ball very well out of the backfield.

He can protect the QB is pass protection.

He's a complete back. They got their guy.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pretty much forces them to zero in on OL in the next pick. If they don't draft OL in day 2 I am going to be PISSED and it pretty much renders the Najee pick meaningless

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Always feel optimistic with new Steelers. Welcome Najee. I hope you break all of the other Harris’ records

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He's a great runner with great size.

He can catch the ball very well out of the backfield.

He can protect the QB is pass protection.

He's a complete back. They got their guy.
    Watching his highlights he looks like Le'Veon Bell with more athleticism. I like

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

ETN went to Jags at #25 overall.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have been cool with the best available lineman left, but also like this pick. We had the 32nd ranked rushing attack, grabbing the best RB in the draft was a good place to start.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

I’m officially starting the petition to get this kid a #32 jersey.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Watching his highlights he looks like Le'Veon Bell with more athleticism. I like

Bell had more wiggle than him and was more elusive. Najee is a true power back that has the feet of a smaller man. He reads blocks well and will run through arm tackles.

Nothing is guaranteed until you see him play, but I think he will be a very good RB.

If he's as good as Bell or better, we will all be very, very happy!

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

The top CBs, LBs, OLBs, and OTs off the board, who do you pick? A center with a serious injury history or your #1 player at a position of need? No brainer. Best possible pick at that spot given who was off and still on the board. Good job.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

The last time we had a RB last name Harris, it turned out pretty well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Bell had more wiggle than him and was more elusive. Najee is a true power back that has the feet of a smaller man. He reads blocks well and will run through arm tackles.

Nothing is guaranteed until you see him play, but I think he will be a very good RB.

If he's as good as Bell or better, we will all be very, very happy!
    Yeah you're right. My mind went to Bell since there seems to be a lot of instances where he leapfrogs defenders and does well as a receiver. He has less quickness but appears to have more straight line speed. In either case I think he'll be a good fit, he definitely has talent way higher than any back we have right now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

We will see what takes place in the rest of the draft, but for me, this pick is a big signal that the Steelers still see themselves as a contender that is looking to add missing pieces and not entering a rebuilding phase.

I strongly disagree but am not paid for my staggering NFL insights.

Harris seems to an excellent pick for the 2021 roster.

If you had the 10th pick in your fantasy draft would your take Harris? (I’m thinking he may not even be available at 10)

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    The top CBs, LBs, OLBs, and OTs off the board, who do you pick? A center with a serious injury history or your #1 player at a position of need? No brainer. Best possible pick at that spot given who was off and still on the board. Good job.
    It just baffles me a little bit. You have the worst rushing attack in the league...you lose 2 starters on the Oline...and you take a running back? NH probably was BPA, but they better get him something to work with. I'm confident that they believe their Center will be their in rd 2. If it's not a center then I'll question the direction of this team.

I am hoping Dickerson is available in round 2. Or hopefully that kid from Wisc whitewater

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    It just baffles me a little bit. You have the worst rushing attack in the league...you lose 2 starters on the Oline...and you take a running back? NH probably was BPA, but they better get him something to work with. I'm confident that they believe their Center will be their in rd 2. If it's not a center then I'll question the direction of this team.
    Well they also lost their best RB on the roster. RB was a hole that needed to be addressed.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    23 picks until 55. One of these centers WILL be there. (I have listed them in order of my preference.)

Landon Dickerson, Alabama
    Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
    Quinn Meinerz, Whitewater
    Josh Myers, Ohio St.
    Robert Hainsey, Notre Dame
    Tre Hill, Georgia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I am hoping Dickerson is available in round 2. Or hopefully that kid from Wisc whitewater
    Love and Love Lite.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

I am okay with this. BPA and a major factor in any running game is.......the running back. I guess the theory is that they can pick up quality Olinemen in later rounds. We will see.

Member Array title="buzz998 is a jewel in the rough">

i think Harris is a quality pick but i really wanted Tevin Jenkins. if he has a mean streak that is what i like on the o-line. a tone setter. Dotson is one and to have another would have been wonderful.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Najee went, and ETN went right afterwards. Williams will NOT get past pick 35.

On the other hand, none of the OCs have been drafted. One WILL be there at 55.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

He was the best pick on the board for a position the Steelers needed. IMO, Najee Harris is more impactful than Tevin Jenkins would have been. Can get an O lineman or even 2 of them tomorrow.

Great pick!!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

May be the best RB in the draft but will feel better about it if we beef up the OL, including getting a blocking TE. Would also be a good idea to pickup a veteran RB as a backup, like a deangelo Williams (Bell? Could he have anything left as a backup?)

Member Array title="buzz998 is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He was the best pick on the board for a position the Steelers needed. IMO, Najee Harris is more impactful than Tevin Jenkins would have been. Can get an O lineman or even 2 of them tomorrow.

Great pick!!
    i'll defer to you all because as i have said. i don't get to watch the college games. i don't have the time. but i do know bad o-lines usually equal bad teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well they also lost their best RB on the roster. RB was a hole that needed to be addressed.
    True. Running back and Center were probably the two weakest positions on the roster prior to the draft. If Dickerson, Humphrey, or Meinerz is the pick at 55 I'll stop worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Najee went, and ETN went right afterwards. Williams will NOT get past pick 35.

On the other hand, none of the OCs have been drafted. One WILL be there at 55.
    completely agree. And tackle should be available in 3rd round as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    completely agree. And tackle should be available in 3rd round as well.
    Exactly!!!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

They got the best player at his position in the draft. It was a position of need. And they still have 4 picks in the next three rounds.

So many "expert fans" not happy.