Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Too bad that fans will turn on him in year 3 or 4 when he wants a contract worthy of his value.
    It won't even take that long if he posts the "wrong" thing on Twitter or TikTok (or any other social media platform of choice) and some mom's basement-dwelling sports "journalist" makes a big enough stink about it (just ask JuJu)...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    It won't even take that long if he posts the "wrong" thing on Twitter or TikTok (or any other social media platform of choice) and some mom's basement-dwelling sports "journalist" makes a big enough stink about it (just ask JuJu)...
    Yep. Just like they turned on AB, just like they turned on Bell, just like they turned on JuJu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Flaunto: The Winged Lord of Leaping

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Flaunto: The Winged Lord of Leaping

Flaunto is a huge showoff....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Najee has a great attitude and work ethic.

Too bad that fans will turn on him in year 3 or 4 when he wants a contract worthy of his value. I never understand why fans hate on a guy for wanting to earn as much as he can. Its G. D. American to be a Capitalist.
    Well, they have him for 5 without a tag. And if he still has juice then tag him once. After 6 years, he's not going to be worth much as an NFL RB.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well, they have him for 5 without a tag. And if he still has juice then tag him once. After 6 years, he's not going to be worth much as an NFL RB.
    Yeah, kind of unfortunate that the reward for being a 1st round pick is that it takes longer for you to get a real NFL contract. I completely see why guys want to sit out and push the decision to pay them what they are worth. I seem to recall looking at Shazier's first contract of 4 years $9million and he got hurt in year 4. Shazier was worth more than $2 million a season, but was still on his rookie deal.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yeah, kind of unfortunate that the reward for being a 1st round pick is that it takes longer for you to get a real NFL contract. I completely see why guys want to sit out and push the decision to pay them what they are worth. I seem to recall looking at Shazier's first contract of 4 years $9million and he got hurt in year 4. Shazier was worth more than $2 million a season, but was still on his rookie deal.
    I can see why a RB would sit out after year 3. Their earning potential sucks after their first contract. Especially for a first rounder. Recent attempts to sign these type of guys has failed miserably (Elliott, Gurley, Bell, et al). I don't think teams are going to be laying down much guaranteed money in the near future.