Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Re: The Steelers select RB Najee Harris #24 overall

Najee Harris is .... one good looking guy. Our backfield is now less ugly but Ben still tilts the curve towards ugly - especially after his motorcycle accident.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Jets and Dolphins were both projected to draft Najee in R1. They did not. They draft 34th and 36th. Javonte Williams will NOT make it past them. After that, there is a significant drop-off in RB talent.

On the flip side, there are only a handful of teams who will draft a center (at all). It would not be out of the question for the Steelers to STILL have the pick of the litter at 55. Worst case: maaaybe two teams draft an OC before 55 (Dickerson & Humphrey are gone)... and we are "stuck" with Meinerz or Myers.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Thinking about this post:

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post766173

R1: Najee
    R2: The Cartwheeling Hillbilly

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Thinking about this post:

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post766173

R1: Najee
    R2: The Cartwheeling Hillbilly
    I really hope Dickerson goes before the Steelers pick.

Cant make the club, from the tub. That guy is always injured.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I really hope Dickerson goes before the Steelers pick.

Cant make the club, from the tub. That guy is always injured.
    The good news is that there WILL be a "good" OC there at 55.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Hopefully Najee doesn't run a 4.65 40. Otherwise, I like the pick.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

IMO, there is Humphrey and Myers worth it in the 2nd.

Menet, Hill, Dalman, should be there at 87. Hainsey too. I think there is a chance Dickerson slides to R3 or 4. I know you believe Meinarz is a C prospect, but I dont think teams view him as one and he is valued as a guard that should go around 50- 60.

Could end up CB-Samuel Jr. C-Trey Hill, OT-Adrian Ealy, -DE-Rashad Weaver in the next 3 rounds.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Well, Art Rooney has spoken and Tomlin confirmed it at the last presser when he said "Art Rooney is the boss". I'm good with the pick, if anyone is in doubt think Benny Snell. Now I hope Art has a TE in view.

Last edited by Shoes; 04-30-2021 at 02:21 AM.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s a good pick and potentially a good one for the future as well. No one knows what the run blocking is going to be like in 2021. No one knows what the cohesion will be like amongst that new unit. There’s also a very good chance that a very good OL prospect will be available to potentially bolster that unit. There was also a 100% chance that a very, very good RB would not be available. Is Najee Harris better than Wayne Gallman? Because if you miss out on Harris, ETN, Williams, you’re looking at Wayne Gallman as the best free agent out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Watching his highlights he looks like Le'Veon Bell with more athleticism. I like
    He also speaks English a lot better.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Was just going to post this. Just read he spent most of his draft day at a homeless shelter.

This kid seems to really get it...let’s get him some linemen!!!!!

#HereWeGo!!

Steven Nelson release make more sense now?!?

Member Array title="buzz998 is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    They got the best player at his position in the draft. It was a position of need. And they still have 4 picks in the next three rounds.

So many "expert fans" not happy.
    i am not sure most "expert fans" are not happy as much as they do see a need on the o-line. yes, RB was a huge need and Harris fills that in a big way. but if you can't give your QB more than 2 secs to throw the ball and you can't open a running lane for a running back what good does a quality running back really do?

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    He also speaks English a lot better.
    ....and seems to not be as self-centered and self-promoting as Bell was. I like the fact that he drove over 10 hours to be at Alabama's pro day to support his teammates when he was not working out that day. Now I read he threw a party yesterday for kids at a homeless shelter where he spent time as a kid.

You draft a guy for his football ability first and foremost, but I do like it more when that player seems to genuinely be a good person.

Member Array title="Disco1981 has a spectacular aura about">

II want no part of Dickerson...But I want Creed Humphrey bad! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I know you believe Meinarz is a C prospect, but I dont think teams view him as one and he is valued as a guard that should go around 50- 60.
    Maybe the plan is to play him at LG. A few weeks back, Trai Essex said (something to the effect of): “Don’t be surprised if the Steelers draft the best interior linemen available... and move DeCastro to center.”

Not that I think it will happen, but it is indeed an interesting idea.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I will say I liked that they upgraded RB position and I would have liked addressing this position better than most. Thing is though, the immediate grade for this will depend entirely on what they do in day 2. If he is part of a package deal to help the run game that includes day 2 offensive line then this is a good pick. If they wait until say round 4 to draft one then this pick becomes questionable.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He's a great runner with great size.

He can catch the ball very well out of the backfield.

He can protect the QB is pass protection.

He's a complete back. They got their guy.
    I guess this means that we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to pick up a TE. Sorry Shoes, I couldn’t resist.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Anyone else see big #69 come in at the end of that first play? I hope we get Dickerson at 55.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I know it is just media fodder and everyone has to grade a draft, but it makes me laugh how many pundits I see today claiming the Steelers were "losers" in the first round for taking a RB. I don't get it, as Najee has all the tools, and this was a major need for the Steelers. Benny Snell, Anthony McFarland, Jaylen Samuels, and Kallen Ballage was likely the worst RB room in the league..........and the Steelers were already ranked dead last in rushing last year.

Yeah, they can use more O-line help and I expect they get it on day 2. If they get a top C in R2 and then a LT prospect in the 3rd I will be ecstatic coming out of the first two days.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Was just going to post this. Just read he spent most of his draft day at a homeless shelter.

This kid seems to really get it...let’s get him some linemen!!!!!

#HereWeGo!!
    At 23 he's already seems light years more mature than AB and Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by buzz998 View Post
    i am not sure most "expert fans" are not happy as much as they do see a need on the o-line. yes, RB was a huge need and Harris fills that in a big way. but if you can't give your QB more than 2 secs to throw the ball and you can't open a running lane for a running back what good does a quality running back really do?
    Relax. They will draft OL the next few rounds and you can always sign free agents. Remember after next year Ben's numbers come off the books so we will have plenty of money to sign OL free agents. In a way we are building for our future with Harris. Next year after Ben retires will be the beginning of a mini-rebuild and we already have our RB. We will need to find more linemen, a TE and a QB.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

those bemoaning that the pick wasn't OL, you do know there are 7 more picks right?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Scary to think Snell is #2, they need to fix that ASAP