Thread: Jason La Canfora says the Steelers are interested in 4 First Round Prospects heading into the Draft

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Jason La Canfora says the Steelers are interested in 4 First Round Prospects heading into the Draft

Jason La Canfora says the Steelers are interested in 4 First Round Prospects heading into the Draft

Many NFL draft analysts over the 2021 offseason feel the Steelers are either going to get an offensive lineman or a running back in the first round of the draft on Thursday Night. One position the Steelers always love to draft early is the inside linebacker position and there are very intriguing prospects going into the 2021 NFL draft. Today Jason La Canfora sat down with 93.7 the fan and said there are four names he has heard the Pittsburgh Steelers showing the most interest in at Pick 24 of the first round.

Those 4 names are premier prospects in the 2021 NFL draft and are in a wide range of positions. They're Najee Harris, Zaven Collins, Javonte Williams, and Landon Dickerson.

to read rest of article:

https://www.renegadeblitz.com/post/j...into-the-draft

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Jason La Canfora says the Steelers are interested in 4 First Round Prospects heading into the Draft

Now we know who the Steelers WON’T be drafting.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Jason La Canfora says the Steelers are interested in 4 First Round Prospects heading into the Draft

Huh! Same names most of US have been interested in too.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

La Canfora says a lot of things, like most talking heads.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The Zaven Collins talk is heating up. It sure would break a lot of trends if he was the pick. Not power 5, no pro day visit from Colbert/Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The Zaven Collins talk is heating up. It sure would break a lot of trends if he was the pick. Not power 5, no pro day visit from Colbert/Tomlin.

I don't think there's any question that his skills would fit well in the defensive scheme here. His versatility to play inside or on the edge with good size and athleticism has to be appealing if they believe in the player. That's the big question. Do they believe he is an impact player at a position of need?

He's the type of player you can move around and make it difficult for offenses to account for him, so you can get favorable matchups for him to blow up plays.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Really hope they don't spend a round 1 pick just for linebacker depth instead of fixing the run game or helping to replenish the cb position. They can adequately address the lb depth on day 3.

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

The Steelers ALWAYS draft linebackers. The 'need' this draft is for an eventual starter on the inside and for depth at the edge. The defense also needs at least one CB and an IDL.

As most have said over and over, the top guy on their board from CB, RB, ILB or OT/C that falls to 1:24 will be a Steeler.

As for La Canfora, look up 'dim wit' and you'll see his picture. He doesn't 'know' jack shit.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I see Collins being a Vrabel pick at 22. I think the Titans definitely go defense with either a LB or a DB.

I can hope the Steelers will consider Collins if he falls to 24 but I honestly think it will be one of these 3 guys; Najee Harris, Landon Dickerson, or Alex Leatherwood. That is unless someone from the top 15 really falls out this year for unknown reasons.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I see Collins being a Vrabel pick at 22. I think the Titans definitely go defense with either a LB or a DB.

I can hope the Steelers will consider Collins if he falls to 24 but I honestly think it will be one of these 3 guys; Najee Harris, Landon Dickerson, or Alex Leatherwood. That is unless someone from the top 15 really falls out this year for unknown reasons.
    I think the Titans go Teven Jenkins. They drafted Isaiah Wilson last year whom became one of the worse first round picks in NFL history and is no longer with the team.

Imo, Asante Samuels isn't getting enough talk. He literally checks off every box for the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

FWIW, PFF now has Javonte Williams as the highest rated back. I'd be happy with Harris, ETN, or Williams. They're all very good backs.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’ll bet there are a couple others too. It’s what teams do to prepare for draft night...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler