Thread: Pauline: Steelers 'love' Ohio State running back Trey Sermon

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Pauline: Steelers 'love' Ohio State running back Trey Sermon

If the Steelers miss out on Najee Harris, who is their next target at the running back position?

(8:45 AM ET) If the Pittsburgh Steelers don’t select Najee Harris in the first round and go offensive line instead, who’s the next running back on their list? I’m told the team loves Ohio State’s Trey Sermon, as he’s a perfect fit for their system. Some in the organization feel his playing style is similar to a young Le’Veon Bell. Hence, if they go offensive line on Day 1, Sermon could be the running back they select on Day 2.
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...zz-draft-week/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Pauline: Steelers 'love' Ohio State running back Trey Sermon

Indeed.

It was pretty obvious when a few months back, Tomlin said something like, "You're a Steeler" to Serman at Ohio State's pro day.

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

#55 or #87? Will he be around by #87? Flip a coin. That's the general range I've been seeing him mocked.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    #55 or #87? Will he be around by #87? Flip a coin. That's the general range I've been seeing him mocked.
    It's possible he could be there in round 3 but if the Steelers like him that much I doubt they take a chance of him not being available the next time they pick.

Though they could be a trade back a couple of spots in round 2 to get another pick or two.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

well Conner was a 4th /5th round prospect taken in the 3rd .....

Bell was thought to be a 3rd round guy they took him in the 2nd ....

so if I was a betting man and if Sermon is their guy ,, he is the selection at 55 they wont wait and take a chance ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

Solong as they go OL in round one all is good. Unless Farley slips to them.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    It's possible he could be there in round 3 but if the Steelers like him that much I doubt they take a chance of him not being available the next time they pick.

Though they could be a trade back a couple of spots in round 2 to get another pick or two.
    Freeland floated a potential trade back with the Packers to get an extra pick for the Steelers. Made sense for the Packers and the Steelers could use the extra pick on day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Freeland floated a potential trade back with the Packers to get an extra pick for the Steelers. Made sense for the Packers and the Steelers could use the extra pick on day 2.
    It would be interesting to move back a couple of spots in round one, because another pick on day 2 would be great. Could grab two o-lineman or maybe a tight end.

The board would need to look right for Pittsburgh though. Colbert noted, if they move down 5 spots there will need to be a 5 players they like.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I’d be super happy if we went OL in first and 2nd round and was able to get Sermon in later rounds

(lots of good RBs were picked later like Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, Kareem Hunt etc ...)