Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers Justin Layne booked for speeding driving with a suspended license and gun violation

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers Justin Layne booked for speeding driving with a suspended license and gun violation

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Justin Layne booked for speeding driving with a suspended license and gun violation

Good Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers Justin Layne booked for speeding driving with a suspended license and gun violation

Who?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good mugshot though. Looks upbeat.

Reports are the gun was loaded and they had drugs in the car...probably weed.

Dumb...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Asante Samuel, Jr. likes this!!!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

'Tis the season........

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

So we need another CB now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    James Pierre likes this!!!
    I fixed it for ya.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

mumble mumble mumble Juju's fault mumble mumble tiktok mumble mumble Fire Tomlin mumble Tomlin won't do anything mumble mumble fire Teryl Austin!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    mumble mumble mumble Juju's fault mumble mumble tiktok mumble mumble Fire Tomlin mumble Tomlin won't do anything mumble mumble fire Teryl Austin!
    No...it's got to be Ben's fault. Always blame Ben.

Nah...it’s definitely Tomlin’s fault. Got the extension and now discipline has gone back out the window. Never would have stuff like this happen under Cowher!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Honestly, this is probably the kind of thing where he can just say he didn't know it was against the law to carry a gun like that, and they will give him a deal to plead no contest to a misdemeanor and do community service. I mean, it's Ohio, not NYC.

Then the league suspends him for 4 games anyway.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Sure isn't a shortage of stupid in the nfl.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I bet he was thinking “Hmm I have an opportunity to win a starting CB job in the NFL and make millions and be set for life. Let me see how I can mess this up.”

what a douche

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Moron.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I bet he was thinking “Hmm I have an opportunity to win a starting CB job in the NFL and make millions and be set for life. Let me see how I can mess this up.”

what a douche
    "Hmm, I think I'll drive 89 in a 60mph zone with a suspended license and a loaded gun and weed in the car."

good thinking

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

he could be done as a steeler ..... he had a lot of potential but it hasnt come to fruition and an UDFA leapfrogged him on the depth chart ... now this ... guessing he is gone
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

One thing that has always amazed me about people who smoke weed is just how many of them get busted for having it in the car in plain sight, or because the car smelled like pot because they were driving around smoking it. Like, really? I've known a lot of potheads and a lot of drunks, and the drunks at least knew not to drive around drinking from the bottle while on the road.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Video footage of Layne (and friends)

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The level of stupidity and "don't give a shit" attitude is astounding.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    One thing that has always amazed me about people who smoke weed is just how many of them get busted for having it in the car in plain sight, or because the car smelled like pot because they were driving around smoking it. Like, really? I've known a lot of potheads and a lot of drunks, and the drunks at least knew not to drive around drinking from the bottle while on the road.
    Quick story...my son and 2 of his friends were pulled over because the officer "smelled weed" as they drove by, even though both vehicles had windows up and the squad car was parked. My son and his friends had to sit handcuffed on the curb while the officer searched the vehicle. There was nothing to find of course. Sometimes, and that's all I'm saying, sometimes it is not that the driver did something, it's that the vehicle's occupants met the correct 'profile' to be pulled over and searched. I'm not saying this story tells us anything about Layne's story, just that we really don't know. To me the weed part by itself is not smart considering the risk. The loaded gun part I can't even get my head around because it's so dumb. As another poster said, I think Layne is done in Pittsburgh. That's a whole lot of dumb for not much contribution.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Quick story...my son and 2 of his friends were pulled over because the officer "smelled weed" as they drove by, even though both vehicles had windows up and the squad car was parked. My son and his friends had to sit handcuffed on the curb while the officer searched the vehicle. There was nothing to find of course. Sometimes, and that's all I'm saying, sometimes it is not that the driver did something, it's that the vehicle's occupants met the correct 'profile' to be pulled over and searched. I'm not saying this story tells us anything about Layne's story, just that we really don't know. To me the weed part by itself is not smart considering the risk. The loaded gun part I can't even get my head around because it's so dumb. As another poster said, I think Layne is done in Pittsburgh. That's a whole lot of dumb for not much contribution.
    89 in a 60 is what got him pulled over , not profiling of any sort ....

the suspended license , loaded gun and weed in the car charges all came as a direct result of being a dumb ass for driving 89 in a 60 knowing everything else you was doing wrong ....

I mean if I was to drive on a suspended license ( go ahead include all the other shit Layne had inside the vehicle ) if the speed limit is 60 my ass is doing 57 -58 not 89 and saying HEY LOOK AT ME , HEY I AM RIGHT HERE COME GET ME ...... you blend or try to blend in not stand out

cant fix that brand of stupid , I bet that kid scored a 6 or 7 on his wonderlic ( maybe less )

oh and what kind of idiot is smiling when they get the mug shot ???? ( if that was his mugshot )

89 in a 60 is what got him pulled over , not profiling of any sort ....

the suspended license , loaded gun and weed in the car charges all came as a direct result of being a dumb ass for driving 89 in a 60 knowing everything else you was doing wrong ....

I mean if I was to drive on a suspended license ( go ahead include all the other shit Layne had inside the vehicle ) if the speed limit is 60 my ass is doing 57 -58 not 89 and saying HEY LOOK AT ME , HEY I AM RIGHT HERE COME GET ME ...... you blend or try to blend in not stand out

cant fix that brand of stupid , I bet that kid scored a 6 or 7 on his wonderlic ( maybe less )

oh and what kind of idiot is smiling when they get the mug shot ???? ( if that was his mugshot )
    I agree with all of what you said. You should read the post I responded to, maybe my post would make more sense in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I agree with all of what you said. You should read the post I responded to, maybe my post would make more sense in context.
    my bad

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He gone

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Steelers' Justin Layne arrest video: https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/24/justi...-gun-weed-nfl/

You can't make this shit up.....

He clearly didn’t pay attention during the rookie symposium or the day where they taught common sense.

Good news is he was cooperative and seems to know he fucked up. Hopefully he chalks it up as being young and dumb, learns from it and moves on.

What’s more concerning is the fact he can’t complete a sentence without saying “bro”. When that word goes out of style, he’s really fucked...bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He clearly didn’t pay attention during the rookie symposium or the day where they taught common sense.

Good news is he was cooperative and seems to know he fucked up. Hopefully he chalks it up as being young and dumb, learns from it and moves on.

What’s more concerning is the fact he can’t complete a sentence without saying “bro”. When that word goes out of style, he’s really fucked...bro.

Even with all this idiocy on display, he doesn't come off as a horrible guy. He comes off as a stupid kid that doesn't seem to have a rudimentary understanding of what is considered acceptable. He needs to grow up and get his shit together, or his NFL career could be over very soon.

The "bro" thing has to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Even with all this idiocy on display, he doesn't come off as a horrible guy. He comes off as a stupid kid that doesn't seem to have a rudimentary understanding of what is considered acceptable. He needs to grow up and get his shit together, or his NFL career could be over very soon.

The "bro" thing has to stop!
    Agree. He genuinely looks clueless and has a lack of common sense...