Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could Alejandro Villanueva replace Orlando Brown for Ravens?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Re: Could Alejandro Villanueva replace Orlando Brown for Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Al is just joking around. Aditi should know better.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    I honestly think that Big Al is referring to simply commuting. I can't think that DeCastro is a big talker.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Thank you for your service! Thank you for your time with the Steelers! You're now the enemy. I'm sure that our front 7 is looking forward to facing you too.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't you have just said, "I'll leave the board if he signs with the Ravens"?
    Thread could have been titled "Villanueva confirms Steelers were too reliant on the pass and had no balance on offense."

Everyone just ignores that bit. You know the part where Villanueva explains the game plan is always just have Ben throw 50 times a game... "Hopefully we aren't throwing 800 times a year." Villanueva repeatedly made remarks in that regard.

No? We drafted a rookie RB who will run 16 times and catch 6 passes per game so everything is fine when we are 26th in rushing?

Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Still not going to address the temperature in hell, eh?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

AV’s written words convey a harsher tone than when you hear him speak them.

The Tik Tok line “seems” to be a jab at JuJu & Claypool. But, when you hear AV say it, it’s more of a “O-linemen get no glory” type of feel.

Also, DeCastro is his best friend. It’s a playful jab (probably some sort of inside joke).

I do think AV is a tad hurt that we let him go, but he’s also not wrong about passing way, way, waaay too much.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    AV’s written words convey a harsher tone than when you hear him speak them.

The Tik Tok line “seems” to be a jab at JuJu & Claypool. But, when you hear AV say it, it’s more of a “O-linemen get no glory” type of feel.

Also, DeCastro is his best friend. It’s a playful jab (probably some sort of inside joke).
    V is a tad hurt that we let him go, but he’s also not wrong about passing way, way, waaay too much.
    Big Ragu (Ramon Foster) tweeted AV was joking and that's his sense of humor (Tik tok/Juju and DeCastro). AV's in some of the Juju Tik Tok videos! LOL

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Common in the military for people to take jabs at an old assignment on the way out, most of the time it's all in fun. I think AV was trying to be funny

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Still not going to address the temperature in hell, eh?

If he doesn't respond to posts pointing out his ridiculous comments....in his mind....it never happened.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

So AV plays all these years for the Steelers without publicly (jokingly) insulting his teammates, but after being with the Ravens one day he suddenly starts? Regardless of what Foster or anyone on here says I’m not buying it. He might be saying it with a smile but he’s taking shots.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

It will be interesting to see how AV plays for the Ravens. Brown will be hard to replace at RT by an older AV who is past his prime. Especially looking at how Stanley bounces back from injury. If both LT and RT play is suspect, it’s going to be a long season in 2021.

But overall I’m not displeased. Ravens get a RT who is well-versed in AFCN opponents. And Costa is definitely going to make his mark as a GM following in Ozzie’s footsteps.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What is AVs play like at RT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What is AVs play like at RT?
    not sure, but it will be a cold day in Hell before Villanueva plays RT for the Ravens.

Take that to the bank.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    not sure, but it will be a cold day in Hell before Villanueva plays RT for the Ravens.

Take that to the bank.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    It will be interesting to see how AV plays for the Ravens. Brown will be hard to replace at RT by an older AV who is past his prime. Especially looking at how Stanley bounces back from injury. If both LT and RT play is suspect, it’s going to be a long season in 2021.

But overall I’m not displeased. Ravens get a RT who is well-versed in AFCN opponents. And Costa is definitely going to make his mark as a GM following in Ozzie’s footsteps.
    He's well versed on getting burnt by Myles Garrett. You'll hate him once he plays a game vs the brahns lol

Then again if he's gonna play RT perhaps that'll extend his career some. He really struggles against speed rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

AV was a great UDFA pickup and a great American but he's the enemy in purple now
    I agree with the first half, but there's something in general about putting AV and enemy in the same sentence that really doesn't sit right with me. (Not a dig at you, Tube, just an observation after reading the post. I recognize you're talking only about football).