Thread: The Arizona Cardinals continue to pile up former Steelers, this time James Conner

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The Arizona Cardinals continue to pile up former Steelers, this time James Conner

There is a reason the Arizona Cardinals organization has long been called “Pittsburgh West”. Going back to when former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt was the head coach, the Cardinals have always seemed to stock pile former Steelers on their roster.
    Names of players who played for the Steelers, and went to the Cardinals is a long one. Players like:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...fl-news-update

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Arizona Cardinals continue to pile up former Steelers, this time James Conner

So much for that 2 year deal

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: The Arizona Cardinals continue to pile up former Steelers, this time James Conner

Good luck to Conner, sorry it didn’t work out here, he has good vision, quickness, turned into a good blocker, just couldn’t stay on the field. Can’t see the Steelers not taking a RB in round 1 or 2 now

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    There is a reason the Arizona Cardinals organization has long been called “Pittsburgh West”. Going back to when former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt was the head coach, the Cardinals have always seemed to stock pile former Steelers on their roster.
    Names of players who played for the Steelers, and went to the Cardinals is a long one. Players like:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...fl-news-update

......and two of those players came back to the Steelers.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    ......and two of those players came back to the Steelers.
    Yep. Don't be surprised if some of those that left this year come back by 2022-23.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm glad he joined my Steelers-west team here in Arizona!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    So much for that 2 year deal
    more room in the hot tub now.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d like to see him do well in Arizona. Always had respect for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No doubt.

He's a quality human being and played hard here. I'll always root for him.
    Last edited by pczach; 04-14-2021 at 04:40 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Agreed, I wish him the best! It will be good for him to move on in many ways. Cabin fever isn't good for the young or the old.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Always liked Connor as well wish him the best in the Desert!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Well we need to pick up a RB now, he was the best one we had. Not too sold on McFarland and Snell, though I'm willing to give McFarland a chance. Snell though is a backup at best, he's Redman #2

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Loved Conner the competitor/person but let's face it, he's made of glass and hurt way too much.

But in Conner's defense it would have been nice to see him run on a team that actually gave a crap about the run (like they are saying this year's team will). But this now leaves us with no NFL level RB's. Snell, Samuels and MacFarland ... yuck. I'm pretty sure we are going to draft a RB in round #1 or #2. If Harris or Etienne are there at #24 they might grab one.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

I hope they draft two running backs and jettison Snell and Samuels.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    I hope they draft two running backs and jettison Snell and Samuels.
    Ballage should help jettison one of them...hopefully?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I get the feeling Najee Harris is the pick in R1, he does fit the mold of a Steeler RB

Though I won't hold my breath, the last time I felt that way about a RB going to the Steelers was Marshawn Lynch and he was taken way earlier by the Bills

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I get the feeling Najee Harris is the pick in R1, he does fit the mold of a Steeler RB

Though I won't hold my breath, the last time I felt that way about a RB going to the Steelers was Marshawn Lynch and he was taken way earlier by the Bills
    Yep, if Harris is there they're taking him. I think (hope) they realize that once Ben's retired after next year they are going to have to have a running game to ease whatever QB replaces him. No rookie is going to come in and throw it 40+ times per game.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Yep, if Harris is there they're taking him. I think (hope) they realize that once Ben's retired after next year they are going to have to have a running game to ease whatever QB replaces him. No rookie is going to come in and throw it 40+ times per game.
    Herbert chucked it roughly 39 times per game.

Mahomes was at 36 his “rookie year”.

Burrow was right at 40.

Drew Lock was at 33 for his first 18.

Gotta find out if the young guy can play before that rookie deal expires. The days of “easing” guys in is pretty much over.

A running game will help FOR SURE but if the next guy can’t handle 35-45 throws per game, you didn’t find your next QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Herbert chucked it roughly 39 times per game.

Mahomes was at 36 his “rookie year”.

Burrow was right at 40.

Drew Lock was at 33 for his first 18.

Gotta find out if the young guy can play before that rookie deal expires. The days of “easing” guys in is pretty much over.

A running game will help FOR SURE but if the next guy can’t handle 35-45 throws per game, you didn’t find your next QB.
    3 of those guys were top 10 picks, Burrow was first overall. Anyone picked in the top 10 typically is expected to be "NFL ready" and expected to produce. But yes it seems like the expectations for rookie QBs in general now is higher than it was 10+ years ago.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well we need to pick up a RB now, he was the best one we had. Not too sold on McFarland and Snell, though I'm willing to give McFarland a chance. Snell though is a backup at best, he's Redman #2
    Nah, he doesn’t have the “glide”

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Nah, he doesn’t have the “glide”
    nor the "suddenness"

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    nor the "suddenness"
    But he's got supple thighs.