Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers sign DL T.J. Carter

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers sign DL T.J. Carter

Pittsburgh Steelers sign DL T.J. Carter

Allison Koehler follow
    April 9, 2021

There are two T.J.s on the Steelers roster now. The team announced on Friday that they’ve signed defensive lineman T.J. Carter to their 90-man offseason roster.

The Arizona Cardinals signed Carter as an undrafted free agent after the 2020 NFL draft but released him before training camp. After his release, he spent time with the New Orleans Saints in the preseason.

Special teams coordinator Danny Smith was onsite for Kentucky’s pro day in March. He must’ve liked what he saw.

The Kentucky product played in 50 games with 28 starts. He finished with 71 tackles (12 for loss), six sacks, five pass defenses and 10 quarterback hurries.

As a senior, Carter contributed career highs in tackles (26), tackles for loss (six), quarterback hurries (four) and sacks (two).

Carter joins wide receivers Tyler Simmons and Mathew Sexton and linebackers Jarvis Miller and Jamir Jones as street free agents signed to the offseason roster based on 2021 pro days.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ree-agent-nfl/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers sign DL T.J. Carter

Was it last year or the year before that they scooped up like half the AFL prior to the draft? Now this year they are spamming UDFAs at their Pro Day 2.0.

I guess the good thing is that they players are young and don't count in the comp pick(s) math.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Alright, I'll do it.

SUPERBOWL!!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Was it last year or the year before that they scooped up like half the AFL prior to the draft? Now this year they are spamming UDFAs at their Pro Day 2.0.

I guess the good thing is that they players are young and don't count in the comp pick(s) math.
    All it takes is one that sticks and it's worth the effort and small expense.

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I actually like that we seem to be loading up on defensive linemen. Even if the most will not have an impact, we needed depth last year. I thought the guys wore down last year - including Heyward. Even if one player becomes a decent depth player I
    'd be happy.