Thread: Mike Tomlin compliments Notre Dame program

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Mike Tomlin compliments Notre Dame program

By Tomlin's comments it sounds like they have some one at ND in their sights.

When you list the best coaches in the NFL there won’t be many names said before you get to Mike Tomlin of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Tomlin has won one Super Bowl and participated in another since taking over as Steelers head coach in 2007 and seemingly always has Pittsburgh playing in the NFL playoffs.

https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.c...-dame-program/

Pro day results:

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...ficial-results

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin compliments Notre Dame program

The Steelers’ O-line coach was seen talking to all of the O-linemen... with most of us knowing that (wanting?) his attention to be on Eichenberg.

(Note: For a whole, almost every single mock draft had the Steelers taking Tommy Kraemer (OT/OG) in R7. There has to be some rationale for that.)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Steelers’ O-line coach was seen talking to all of the O-linemen... with most of us knowing that (wanting?) his attention to be on Eichenberg.

(Note: For a whole, almost every single mock draft had the Steelers taking Tommy Kraemer (OT/OG) in R7. There has to be some rationale for that.)
    Honestly, Eichenberg, Aaron Banks and Robert Hainsey are the best 3 O linemen there and will be drafted. Banks is a big mauler of a guard and I dont think I see the Steelers go that way, but we never know. Hainsey took reps at Center and Guard in the Senior Bowl and he looked good. I think a guy with that versatility could be in consideration, or even a move to C full time. The 32-3/8" arms of Eichenberg will likely move him down draft boards. Short arms as an OT are not a good predictor of success in pass protection.

Daelin Hayes is a guy that I mocked a couple times in the mid rounds to the Steelers as OLB depth. His size fits the bill and the athleticism, strength and pass rush ability might put him in round 4 ish.

Tremble at 6'3" 241lbs I think puts him in more of the range of an H back. A bit bulkier than Claypool at 6'4-3/8" 238lbs, when he weighed in at the combine last year. I see him more as a move TE/H-back than somebody who will line up and be able to block somebody on the edge like Jaylon Ferguson of the Ravens or Myles Garrett in the run game. Maybe that fits Canada's offense.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Book ran well at 4.59. That guy is a solid 10-year backup. Huge hands too.

Tremble also ran well for a TE at 4.59. I wish he’d done the bench.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Book ran well at 4.59. That guy is a solid 10-year backup. Huge hands too.

Tremble also ran well for a TE at 4.59. I wish he’d done the bench.
    Tremble benched 20 reps.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Honestly, Eichenberg, Aaron Banks and Robert Hainsey are the best 3 O linemen there and will be drafted. Banks is a big mauler of a guard and I dont think I see the Steelers go that way, but we never know. Hainsey took reps at Center and Guard in the Senior Bowl and he looked good. I think a guy with that versatility could be in consideration, or even a move to C full time. The 32-3/8" arms of Eichenberg will likely move him down draft boards. Short arms as an OT are not a good predictor of success in pass protection.

Daelin Hayes is a guy that I mocked a couple times in the mid rounds to the Steelers as OLB depth. His size fits the bill and the athleticism, strength and pass rush ability might put him in round 4 ish.

Tremble at 6'3" 241lbs I think puts him in more of the range of an H back. A bit bulkier than Claypool at 6'4-3/8" 238lbs, when he weighed in at the combine last year. I see him more as a move TE/H-back than somebody who will line up and be able to block somebody on the edge like Jaylon Ferguson of the Ravens or Myles Garrett in the run game. Maybe that fits Canada's offense.
    Indeed I was just pointing out two things: 1) Adrian Klein met with the O-linemen, and 2) it’s really strange that the overwhelming majority of mocks (from a month ago) had the Steelers linked to Kraemer in R7.

After surfing Twitter for a while today, it appears the “JOK at 24” is the prediction du jour.