Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Depot vs. Blitzburgh

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Steelers Depot vs. Blitzburgh

Can someone fill me in on the ongoing battle between these two groups? It seems as if the guy that runs Blitzburgh is obsessed with what seems to be either trolling on Steelers Depot's behalf, or what he sees as copying/stealing info from him. Blitzburgh seems to be just a fanboy site with little content of substance and very amateur articles, whereas Steelers Depot actually seems to put out halfway decent content.

I'd love to get Blitzburgh tweets off of my Bleacher Report feed, but alas I cannot.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Steelers Depot vs. Blitzburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Can someone fill me in on the ongoing battle between these two groups? It seems as if the guy that runs Blitzburgh is obsessed with what seems to be either trolling on Steelers Depot's behalf, or what he sees as copying/stealing info from him. Blitzburgh seems to be just a fanboy site with little content of substance and very amateur articles, whereas Steelers Depot actually seems to put out halfway decent content.

I'd love to get Blitzburgh tweets off of my Bleacher Report feed, but alas I cannot.

Not sure but I know SD has disabled being able to copy and paste on their site, maybe that's why?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

SD is alright. I think Dave Bryan is a hack. He can only regurgitate what other people write. I don’t check that other site much.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Dave ( the owner of Depot ) is a jackass he blocks people left and right if they have even the slightest difference in opinion and voice it , hell he has Steelerswire blocked from seeing content and they sure as hell do not steal content from him ....

Depot improved with Alex taking a bigger role and they have some good content creators but I liken Dave to Dan Snyder , he will always be his Businesses worst enemy in the way he handles things the more of a backseat they both take the better the business will be ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    SD is alright. I think Dave Bryan is a hack. He can only regurgitate what other people write. I don’t check that other site much.
    Kind of funny that its unfolded that way. I remember several years ago when the vast majority of posters on Steelers Message boards thought that the word of Dave Bryan was gospel.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Dave ( the owner of Depot ) is a jackass he blocks people left and right if they have even the slightest difference in opinion and voice it , hell he has Steelerswire blocked from seeing content and they sure as hell do not steal content from him ....
    And he’s a bigot. I’ve caught making comments that no “journalist” should be permitted to make.

Depot improved with Alex taking a bigger role and they have some good content creators but I liken Dave to Dan Snyder , he will always be his Businesses worst enemy in the way he handles things the more of a backseat they both take the better the business will be ....
    I like Alex.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Not really a fan of Dave's work or Matthew whatever his last name on SD. I read Alex's stuff and the "surgeon girl" for medical stuff and that's it as far as SD.

Apparently, Blitzburgh and SD are copying each other's tweets word for word and posting them. I'm not sure who copies who because I don't look at one and check the other but sometimes they come back to back on my feed and it's the same tweet lol.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

And he’s a bigot. I’ve caught making comments that no “journalist” should be permitted to make.

I like Alex.

Alex is a good kid , have a lot of respect for him ( not that he is a kid but I have kids older so a kid to me )

as for dave he block all other steelers related sites that have similar content that his site has and all those sites writers , I know a lot of those guys from twitter and they have told me they are blocked and laugh at Dave and his antics ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Not really a fan of Dave's work or Matthew whatever his last name on SD. I read Alex's stuff and the "surgeon girl" for medical stuff and that's it as far as SD.

Apparently, Blitzburgh and SD are copying each other's tweets word for word and posting them. I'm not sure who copies who because I don't look at one and check the other but sometimes they come back to back on my feed and it's the same tweet lol.
    Might as well get Ed Bullchette in on the action.

I'd never stick up for Dave but Blitzburgh has stolen my tweets and others too so I would venture to say that its pretty 1 sided on who is doing what , but alas I am no longer entangled in the twitterverse and it sucked for awhile but I am all the better for it .... Glad that chapter is behind me

Here's a perfect, up to the minute, example. Bryan takes a comment from Ed Bouchette re a lead on a story. EB says he won't write it yet because he hasn't verified it. Here's Bryan's quote: "Well, Bouchette won't write it but I will."

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/bo...use-on-market/

Just check the last half dozen articles by this clown. He writes stories about other people's stories. #totaljoke

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’ve seen that a whole lot and have checked the times and the Blitzburgh guy is definitely posting them first and then Steelers Depot copies and tweets. It’s really bizarre.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

For the record, that Matthew Marczi guy is awful!! He flat out doesn’t know how to title or write an article with consistency. It’s rather embarrassing.

Korza does a good job but whatever he writes is the law and than Dave guy does pretty good with salary cap stuff but I can see how people don’t like what he writes.

The other guy from RenegadeBlitz or Blitzburgh is just as bad as Marczi. Or whatever Matthews name is.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    For the record, that Matthew Marczi guy is awful!! He flat out doesn’t know how to title or write an article with consistency. It’s rather embarrassing.

Korza does a good job but whatever he writes is the law and than Dave guy does pretty good with salary cap stuff but I can see how people don’t like what he writes.

The other guy from RenegadeBlitz or Blitzburgh is just as bad as Marczi. Or whatever Matthews name is.
    I think that is why DB is so snarky/inappropriate/abrasive or whatever with many of his posts. He seems to understand the salary cap in detail (or at least attempts to figure it out) and most NFL writers/bloggers/reports do not. So there are so many reports of "This team is going to sign that guy" and then when you look at the cap stuff, it is just obvious that it can not and will not happen.

I am not arguing that anyone has to like his stuff or even agree with him, but I find myself nodding along with this frustrations many times. Here we have a guy who has no credentials, no access, and limited funding running a site who is working through the details more than the "big boys" with access and funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I am not arguing that anyone has to like his stuff or even agree with him, but I find myself nodding along with this frustrations many times. Here we have a guy who has no credentials, no access, and limited funding running a site who is working through the details more than the "big boys" with access and funding.
    I’m sure you just don’t recognize the source from where he’s stealing it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I’m sure you just don’t recognize the source from where he’s stealing it.
    Maybe. I don't know. I haven't heard that he steals his cap stuff. Mostly he links to sites that are easy to find on Google and seems to lean on some dude named Joel Corry for insight.

Even if he is shamelessly stealing salary cap write ups; it is still frustrating how often Bouchette, Kaboly, and the other "name" Steelers writers just get it wrong or simply say "I don't care/know about the salary cap and am not going to consider this in my analysis of the Steelers". That just seems ridiculous to me. The salary cap drives almost every player personnel decision a team makes and most of the old school Steelers beat guys just skip right past it.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Maybe. I don't know. I haven't heard that he steals his cap stuff. Mostly he links to sites that are easy to find on Google and seems to lean on some dude named Joel Corry for insight.

Even if he is shamelessly stealing salary cap write ups; it is still frustrating how often Bouchette, Kaboly, and the other "name" Steelers writers just get it wrong or simply say "I don't care/know about the salary cap and am not going to consider this in my analysis of the Steelers". That just seems ridiculous to me. The salary cap drives almost every player personnel decision a team makes and most of the old school Steelers beat guys just skip right past it.
    IMO, if you go all in on details about salary cap, like that is your defining specialty, like you are saying Bryan does....then football knowledge isn't your strong suit. For some old school beat writers to take a 10,000 foot view of the cap, but report on football related stuff more, then it probably says football is much stronger suit than their salary cap.

Personally, I care more about football than I do finances. So I spend approx 0.01% of my interest on NFL Salary cap and the other 99.99% of my interest in the game, players, coaches, schemes, technique, etc.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    IMO, if you go all in on details about salary cap, like that is your defining specialty, like you are saying Bryan does....then football knowledge isn't your strong suit. For some old school beat writers to take a 10,000 foot view of the cap, but report on football related stuff more, then it probably says football is much stronger suit than their salary cap.

Personally, I care more about football than I do finances. So I spend approx 0.01% of my interest on NFL Salary cap and the other 99.99% of my interest in the game, players, coaches, schemes, technique, etc.

I'm like you. I'm all about the football, and rely on "experts" and others to figure out salary cap stuff.

The salary cap is a factor in everything, but I prefer to worry about the football side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm like you. I'm all about the football, and rely on "experts" and others to figure out salary cap stuff.

The salary cap is a factor in everything, but I prefer to worry about the football side of things.
    And that’s totally legit, but you do not get paid as your full time job to analyze, report on, and explain the Pittsburgh Steelers to others.

If you get paid to cover the NFL, like it or not, understanding the ins and outs of the salary cap is 100% part of the job. Most covering the Steelers don’t even try.

It is why the “resigning Juju caused Nelson to get cut” story grew legs. Because the majority of pros covering the story did not understand that Juju’s $8 million wasn’t the same as Nelson’s $8 million.

Again, like or hate Steelers Depot. Like or hate Dave Bryan. I don’t care. But I do think they are about the only place that consistently gets the cap stuff pulled together. And if you want to understand why an NFL team is doing what they’re doing - that’s a massive part of it.

For instance, almost all of the NFL and Steelers related internet has been trying to link Darnold to the Steelers. Basic math says that’s simply not possible. But that gets in the way of a good speculative story...so now post draft there will be the story that the Steelers “missed” their chance to add a potential QB.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post

We should challenge them to war.

DesertSteel, Six Rings, Born2Steel and Fire Goodell will lead the frontal assault.

Myself, 86WARD, teegre, Shoes and Hawkman will attack their right flank. hawaiiansteeler st33lerguy, Bluecoat96, Mojouw and Dwinsgames will attack their left flank.

Our goal, take out Tom444 and both sites!

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

DesertSteel, Six Rings, Born2Steel and Fire Goodell will lead the frontal assault.

Myself, 86WARD, teegre, Shoes and Hawkman will attack their right flank. hawaiiansteeler st33lerguy, Bluecoat96, Mojouw and Dwinsgames will attack their left flank.

And that’s totally legit, but you do not get paid as your full time job to analyze, report on, and explain the Pittsburgh Steelers to others.

If you get paid to cover the NFL, like it or not, understanding the ins and outs of the salary cap is 100% part of the job. Most covering the Steelers don’t even try.

It is why the “resigning Juju caused Nelson to get cut” story grew legs. Because the majority of pros covering the story did not understand that Juju’s $8 million wasn’t the same as Nelson’s $8 million.

Again, like or hate Steelers Depot. Like or hate Dave Bryan. I don’t care. But I do think they are about the only place that consistently gets the cap stuff pulled together. And if you want to understand why an NFL team is doing what they’re doing - that’s a massive part of it.

For instance, almost all of the NFL and Steelers related internet has been trying to link Darnold to the Steelers. Basic math says that’s simply not possible. But that gets in the way of a good speculative story...so now post draft there will be the story that the Steelers “missed” their chance to add a potential QB.
    Sure understanding the salary cap is 100% part of the job, but its honestly like maybe 1% of the job.

Filling out an expense report has been a part of my job, but nobody ever rewarded me or fired me for not getting it in on time, or it being hastily prepared. There are a lot more things that prioritized my value, compensation and recognition. Similarly, I personally dont hold it against any football reporters if they prioritize a ton of other things that myself and the majority of other fans care about, before giving a rats a$$ about reporting the salary cap.

Sure understanding the salary cap is 100% part of the job, but its honestly like maybe 1% of the job.

Filling out an expense report has been a part of my job, but nobody ever rewarded me or fired me for not getting it in on time, or it being hastily prepared. There are a lot more things that prioritized my value, compensation and recognition. Similarly, I personally dont hold it against any football reporters if they prioritize a ton of other things that myself and the majority of other fans care about, before giving a rats a$$ about reporting the salary cap.
    I feel it is way more than 1% of the job. The cap ramifications impact and sometimes dictate the decisions teams make. I get that most people would rather watch paint dry than work through the NFL salary cap details. But it does matter.

Look at the past several months with the Roethlisberger contract situation. Roughly half of the posts on here, out in the larger blog world, and also by "pros" kept arguing that this or that should happen while ignoring that the course of action they were advocating for would cost the team more money.

Much of the reporting on the VW release was similar. It doesn't matter how awesome of a guy or how hard of a worker he is, VW's release was inevitable the moment the NFL announced the 2021 cap was going down.

The salary cap is also behind the Haskins move. For much of the off-season, people have been trying to link the Steelers to either of Haskins or Darnold. Tarnished former highly drafted prospects that might rebound. Well, the cap dictates that Haskins is the only real option for the Steelers. They do not have a path to the 2021 cap hit for Darnold.

For regular season and play-off games there is far more important stuff to go through. Same with sizing up draft prospects. Evaluating player progression and coaching changes, etc. But behind all that is the cap and its various manipulations. Being a well paid professional NFL writer and just punting on all that stuff is something I can not wrap my head around. Like if I was running the website/newspaper/whatever and my "guy" just repeatedly stated that he didn't and wouldn't understand a highly critical component of the thing I paid him to understand, I would fire him and find someone who would do the job.

But, that is almost certainly why I am not in charge of things.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Marczi. Or whatever Matthews name is.
    DODENS GRAV

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post765665

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I’m in!!!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

hey tom:

But it’s Albert Brewer reporting it...it must be true!!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Both Dave and Matthew throw tantrums when people don't agree with them or if their arguments are crushed.

Matthew got so upset with me he posted my email and IP address in the public forum. Classy guy. Haha
    Hater = Realist