Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers 2021 Pre-Draft visit Tracker

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2021 Pre-Draft visit Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Asante Samuel, Jr. saying that he had a good meeting with Tomlin.
    Noted months back during the college season, Samuel is someone to pay attention too. He checks off every box to be a Steeler.

Power 5
    Underclassman
    NFL bloodlines
    Colbert/Tomlin went to pro day.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Noted months back during the college season, Samuel is someone to pay attention too. He checks off every box to be a Steeler.

Power 5
    Underclassman
    NFL bloodlines
    Colbert/Tomlin went to pro day.
    Sporting News has him mocked to the Steelers in the 2nd round. Then again, they have Quinn Meinarz going to the Packers in the 6th round, so not sure I give that a lot of credibility.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sporting News has him mocked to the Steelers in the 2nd round. Then again, they have Quinn Meinarz going to the Packers in the 6th round, so not sure I give that a lot of credibility.
    Samuels stock from what I've seen is anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd. It's a very talented corner class so who knows how it will shake out.

He is going to be a good football player though.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

If they get that Oline man in round 1. I can get behind this easily. Will he still be there? no.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Samuels stock from what I've seen is anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd. It's a very talented corner class so who knows how it will shake out.

He is going to be a good football player though.
    Agree, I have seen him listed as far as the 8th best CB in the draft. Maybe because he is 5'10 with a 4.45 speed and not 6'1" with 4.38 speed?

I dont see any Pitt guys on these lists. I know they are normally exempt from official number of visits normally, because they are local, but just wondering if the Steelers have had any official meetings with guys like Patrick Jones or Rashad Weaver?

I dont see any Pitt guys on these lists. I know they are normally exempt from official number of visits normally, because they are local, but just wondering if the Steelers have had any official meetings with guys like Patrick Jones or Rashad Weaver?
    Not sure about Weaver, but the Steelers did meet Jones at the Senior Bowl. I could see him being a Steeler.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The last time that the Steelers drafted a player that they did not meet with/did not attend his pro day was...

...Ziggy Hood.

SUMMATION:
    The proof is in the pudding; skip the pro day... and pay the price.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Agree, I have seen him listed as far as the 8th best CB in the draft. Maybe because he is 5'10 with a 4.45 speed and not 6'1" with 4.38 speed?
    The Steelers have met (Zoom) with AND attended the pro day of only five players:

Asante Samuel, Jr. was one of those five.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Steelers have met (Zoom) with AND attended the pro day of only five players:

Asante Samuel, Jr. was one of those five.
    who are the other 4?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    who are the other 4?
    The RBs (Etienne & Harris), Freiermuth, and ... ... ... Baron Browning.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The RBs (Etienne & Harris), Freiermuth, and ... ... ... Baron Browning.
    interesting, thanks!

TOMLIN/COLBERT at these PRO DAYS:
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Auburn
    FSU
    'Bama
    Penn St.
    Michigan
    Ohio St.
    Notre Dame

ZOOMED (very likely at 24):
    Etienne
    Freiermuth
    Browning
    Samuel, Jr.
    Harris

ZOOMED ("outside chance", but not a realistic pick at 24):
    Mayfield (R2 more likely)
    Oweh (R2 more likely)
    Parsons (he should go way before 24)

ZOOMED (no way at 24):
    Schwartz
    Sermon

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

With what I am seeing, and reading. I'm starting to believe it's coming down to one of the RBs Likely Harris or Etienne if Harris is gone.. Unless there is a major slider.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If Harris and Etienne are gone I'm thinking it could be Browning-OSU or Barmore-Bama. Not really 'needs' but both could easily be the best player on the board at 24 in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If Harris and Etienne are gone I'm thinking it could be Browning-OSU or Barmore-Bama. Not really 'needs' but both could easily be the best player on the board at 24 in that scenario.
    I think it is tiered as such:

1) Harris or Etienne (flip a coin)
    3) Baron (he is quickly rising)
    4) Freiermuth (he keeps resurfacing as the pick)
    5) Samuels, Jr. (he's last, because he is more of a slot CB)

I think it is tiered as such:

1) Harris or Etienne (flip a coin)
    3) Baron (he is quickly rising)
    4) Freiermuth (he keeps resurfacing as the pick)
    5) Samuels, Jr. (he's last, because he is more of a slot CB)
    2021 NFL Draft visit tracker shows who Steelers might take with 24th overall pick

by Tommy Jagg

Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert have clearly had their eyes on a few prospects this year. Here’s who the Steelers could likely take first in the NFL Draft.

Based on #Steelers Pro Days with Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert as well as virtual visits, here’s my stab at Pittsburgh’s most likely first-round candidates in the #NFLDraft:

Who is most likely to be Steelers selection at pick 24?

Based on the information gathered, it pains me to say that a pair of running backs appear to be the most likely selections Pittsburgh could make with the 24th overall pick this year. Both Najee Harris and Travis Etienne met with the Steelers at their respective Pro Days and received virtual visits with the team.

While both are widely regarded as the top-two running backs in the 2021 draft class, there is a belief that the Steelers could favor Harris over Etienne due to his size (6’1 3/8”, 232 pounds) and ability to operate as a receiver and pass protector.

In addition, Florida State cornerback, Asante Samuel Jr. meets all of the criteria to be a first-round pick by the Steelers at the end of the month, as he received a similar amount of attention from the team this offseason. Samuel is undersized, but he’s a smooth mover with the grittiness and family bloodlines Pittsburgh desires (his father was a former first-team All-Pro cornerback who played for the Patriots and Eagles).

Likewise, Ohio State linebacker Baron Browning, Alabama center Landon Dickerson, and Penn State tight end Pat Freiermuth are three other players that check all of the boxes; however, there are draft analysts who think that taking one of these three with the 24th pick would be a reach.

This isn’t a foolproof model to use when it comes to the Steelers in the NFL Draft, but it gives us a terrific idea of where their interests lie. What we have come to know is that Pittsburgh really does need to either meet with a player virtually or at their Pro Day to be a possible first-round selection, and I’d be shocked if they went with someone outside of this list.

https://stillcurtain.com/2021/04/16/...cker-steelers/

@hawaii

1) Tommy Jaggi... ugh. That guy is not as bad as Dodens Grav, but he’s a close second. Last season, Jaggi slammed the Steelers for signing Bud Dupree instead of the five free agents that the Cowboys signed... four of whom got cut by the season opener.

That said, he’s not wrong.

2) Jaggi lists Landon Dickerson as having Tomlin & Colbert at his pro day AND also having had a Zoom meeting. I didn’t think Dickerson had a meeting with them. But, if Jaggi is indeed correct...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Dan Rooney Jr was at Wake Forrest. Jamie Newman?

Dan Rooney Jr was at Wake Forrest. Jamie Newman?
    I just don't see them going QB, especially a QB that didn't play last season.

Maybe. But no QB will be expected to play in 2021 other than Ben. But there are zero QBs under contract for 2022. I think something QB related has to be in the works.

Boogie Basham would be a consideration on DL, Likely still looking at Jamie Newman and we never know if the Steelers look at a big target at WR on day 3 in Sage Surratt from Wake Forest.

Have to turn over every stone in the scouting game, but my bet is on Basham and Newman were the headliners. There is even a Kicker at Wake that could be a consideration.

Maybe. But no QB will be expected to play in 2021 other than Ben. But there are zero QBs under contract for 2022. I think something QB related has to be in the works.
    Because the Steelers picked Dwayne Haskins off of waivers, he would be a RFA*. If he balls out and signs elsewhere, the Steelers would have the first right to match... or, if they let him walk, they would receive a R1 pick for him.

Sidenote: If he sucks, we are simply out nothing. Of course, as you stated, if that occurs, then we would also be without a QB in the 2022 season.

*[The exact details are listed in one of the Dwayne Haskins threads from a few months ago.]

Because the Steelers picked Dwayne Haskins off of waivers, he would be a RFA*. If he balls out and signs elsewhere, the Steelers would have the first right to match... or, if they let him walk, they would receive a R1 pick for him.

Sidenote: If he sucks, we are simply out nothing. Of course, as you stated, if that occurs, then we would also be without a QB in the 2022 season.

*[The exact details are listed in one of the Dwayne Haskins threads from a few months ago.]
    'A bird in hand' and all that.... I really think a mid round QB is going to join us at rookie mini-camp.