Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

The annual Senior Bowl is Jan 30th and below is link to who is attending.

Accepted Invites | Reese's Senior Bowl Mobile, Alabama

Some good interior line prospects that can play Center. Later round TE prospects. And some QB's like Trask, Ehlinger, Newman, Kellen Mond and Ian Book attending.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Reese's Senior Bowl - Accepted invitees

Also very interested in seeing OT Liam Eichenberg, ND.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

A few interesting TE prospects. Not the big names, but Kenny Yeboah from Ole Miss is interesting, as is Hunter Long from Boston College

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quarterbacks

Texas A&M Kellen Mond QB
    Texas Sam Ehlinger QB
    Notre Dame Ian Book QB
    Florida Kyle Trask QB
    Arkansas Feleipe Franks QB
    Wake Forest Jamie Newman QB

I don't know anything about the Arkansas QB, but the others all have interest for me as mid-round picks. Surely Dobbs can be replaced and who knows when you might strike gold. I'm a believer in drafting QBs every year in the rounds 4-7.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Quarterbacks

Texas A&M Kellen Mond QB
    Texas Sam Ehlinger QB
    Notre Dame Ian Book QB
    Florida Kyle Trask QB
    Arkansas Feleipe Franks QB
    Wake Forest Jamie Newman QB

I don't know anything about the Arkansas QB, but the others all have interest for me as mid-round picks. Surely Dobbs can be replaced and who knows when you might strike gold. I'm a believer in drafting QBs every year in the rounds 4-7.
    Felipe Franks was the Florida QB that had an injury and was replaced by Trask. He transferred to Arkansas because it appeared the Gators were gonna ride with Trask.

Jamie Newman was on Mel Kipers preseason top 5 QB list, after he transferred from Vanderbilt to Georgia this season. But he opted out of playing at Georgia during the pandemic. I think the Senior Bowl will be a big indicator if Newman is a QB that goes bottom of 1st round, to maybe the 3rd or 4th.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wake Forest not Vanderbilt — but it’s the same thing lol.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Newman has great upside but he's really not an NFL QB at this point in time. A good showing at the senior bowl ( Practices and game ) can vault up from rounds 3-4, to round two. He's a good pick for a team that will needs QB in 1-2 years that is unlike to obtain a top 10 pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Also very interested in seeing OT Liam Eichenberg, ND.

More of a 2nd round the of pick. I like them there. It he doesn't pan out as an NFL tackle he sure could play guard.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Newman has great upside but he's really not an NFL QB at this point in time. A good showing at the senior bowl ( Practices and game ) can vault up from rounds 3-4, to round two. He's a good pick for a team that will needs QB in 1-2 years that is unlike to obtain a top 10 pick.

- - - Updated - - -

More of a 2nd round the of pick. I like them there. It he doesn't pan out as an NFL tackle he sure could play guard.
    I have already seen a ton of the Bama guys and most of the SEC OL over the college football season. Curious to see how Eichenberg stands out amongst them. I think at this point in the process he could rate anywhere from a 1st to a 3rd round selection. Just part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post

Mel Kiper had Jamie Newman as his #4 ranked QB 8 months ago. Its unfortunate we didnt get to see him play at Georgia.

We want to see what the transfer from Wake Forest to Georgia, Jamie Newman, does," Kiper said to ESPN host Kevin Negandhi on Friday's episode of The College Football Podcast With Herbie & Pollack, later adding that he ranked Newman as his fourth overall quarterback. "All of that talent, he's certainly gifted. He's got those young receivers now who will be sophomores. I think he one that could really make a nice jump. We saw (LSU's) Joe Burrow make a huge jump up. We saw it with (Oklahoma's) Baker Mayfield. We saw it, obviously, (with Oklahoma's) Kyler Murray. Now we see Jamie Newman, the quarterback at Georgia. The first year there, we'll see if he does well, how far he moves up the draft board."

Mel Kiper previews Jamie Newman's 2021 NFL Draft stock (247sports.com)

Will be interested to see Kylin Hill run against an all-star D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IkuJsesGXs

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Will be interested to see Kylin Hill run against an all-star D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IkuJsesGXs
    Yup, that is why this game is so good to watch, as are the practices all week. See how guys play against other future NFL talent.

A few guys that can play center too like :

Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
    Landon Dickerson- Alabama
    Drake Jackson- Kentucky

and while Leatherwood and Eichenberg are some marquee OT prospects to watch. There are other guys that may be later round depth guys on the line Adrian Ealy from Oklahoma and Jake Curhan from Cal will be interesting to watch against top competition.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Mac Jones accepted the invite to the Senior Bowl.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    He’ll be a Patriot in this upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Wow, this to me signals he's willing to show his arm vs. the field. IMO, Jones is the pick @24 if he's there. A good week at the senior bowl and he's gone well before that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’ll be a Patriot in this upcoming draft.
    He could be a 49er, or Viking. Even a Cowboy. His stock is trending up.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So if Jones plays well, no chance he's there at 24. But he's the pick, if he's there, at 24?

So, the argument is the Steelers should take a QB who bombed at the Senior Bowl in the first round?

Kyle Wilson won't last until 24. Unless he has his throwing arm amputated. Here's hoping he's the pick! Interested to see him play with one arm.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Najee Harris also accepted his invite to the Senior Bowl.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So if Jones plays well, no chance he's there at 24. But he's the pick, if he's there, at 24?

So, the argument is the Steelers should take a QB who bombed at the Senior Bowl in the first round?

Kyle Wilson won't last until 24. Unless he has his throwing arm amputated. Here's hoping he's the pick! Interested to see him play with one arm.
    IMO, Kyle Wilson should go #2 overall.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    IMO, Kyle Wilson should go #2 overall.
    Indeed. He looks (and I've really only seen highlights) like a dude that'll be a better pro than collegiate player. And he was a darn good college QB.

Fields and Jones just don't do it for me. And I don't have much to base that on. But I always priorize QBs that do well outside of structure and Lawtence, Wilson and (if I squint) Lance see to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Zach" Wilson

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

"Zach" Wilson

I did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Indeed. He looks (and I've really only seen highlights) like a dude that'll be a better pro than collegiate player. And he was a darn good college QB.

Fields and Jones just don't do it for me. And I don't have much to base that on. But I always priorize QBs that do well outside of structure and Lawtence, Wilson and (if I squint) Lance see to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I’ve said for a while, Wilson reminds me of Josh Allen. There may be things that need to be fixed/coached, but you cannot teach his arm strength.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I did it again.
    It made me laugh. Kyle Wilson, the mocked 1st round Steelers cornerback that never was.

It made me laugh. Kyle Wilson, the mocked 1st round Steelers cornerback that never was.
    That is EXACTLY why I keep switching those names. Every Steelers website had him as our R1 pick... EVERY site. Ergo, that first name is now associated with that last name in my brain.

PFN Draft Analyst and NFL Insider Tony Pauline’s Senior Bowl top performers and risers (from Tuesday practice)

Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest

Jamie Newman was not the best quarterback on the field today. However, considering he did not play in 2020 after opting out, then had a terrible start to the day, his finish was epic. Newman displayed all the physical skills you want in a starting passer and has a next-level arm. More than anything else, his passes were on the mark today when they had to be. He displayed timing and touch on throws as well as good ball placement.

Newman was also very effective throwing on the move. In fact, near the end of practice, he rolled outside the pocket, and rather than take one of two safe options just a few yards away, Newman slung the ball twenty yards downfield on the move, into the hands of his tight end. His 2021 NFL Draft stock will be one to monitor throughout the week.

Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech

His blocking was terrible, yet Khalil Herbert was terrific in every other aspect. He runs behind his pads, has an explosive burst, and shot through the running lane, avoiding defenders. He showed good footwork and excellent short area quickness, making defenders miss. His vision and the way Herbert used blocks was also impressive. Herbert also caught the ball well out of the backfield.

Kylen Granson, TE, SMU

Kylen Granson looked complete today and performed much better than expected. He’s not the biggest tight end, but he did a terrific job blocking all day. Granson also made a lot of difficult receptions during drills and in the scrimmage. On the occasion he missed a pass or block, Ganson showed resiliency and quickly rebounded to produce on the next snap.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/n...-tuesday-2021/

Jamie Newman is a big dude -- 235

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Jamie Newman is a big dude -- 235
    Yup, there was video of him working out with Trey Lance and their QB coach Quincy Avery on twitter and Newman is a muscled up dude with a strong arm and good athleticism. This week will show more of where he is at, but I think he is kind of Jacoby Brissett with a stronger arm.

Your Irish guys like Daelin Hayes had a good first day, showing some get off and physical dominance off the edge, while Ian Book made most of his short-intermediate throws.

Kenny Yeboah TE- Ole Miss, looks like an athletic guy that will block and Hunter Long TE- Boston College drew some praise for his first day on the field. I think he looks like a good all around TE that has natural hands and will block, but may not time out well speed wise. Quentin Morris - TE Bowling Green is athletic day 3 TE, but I would like to see how his blocking is at this level.

Creed Humphrey C- Oklahoma is probably the best Center at the game. I bet he goes in the first or 2nd round. Drake Jackson from Kentucky looks big and like a mauler, but cant tell if he gets 2nd level well. Michal Menet C from Penn St is somebody I would like to see more of as he could be a center prospect, but I dont know if he made the game, as I didnt see his weigh in stats.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Kyle Wilson, drafted by the Jets then seemed to disappear. What happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Kyle Wilson, drafted by the Jets then seemed to disappear. What happened to him?
    He's been out of the league for more than a couple of years now. Wilson had a solid first two years if I remember correctly but then just fell off.