Thread: Tyson Alualu re-signs with the Steelers after a "change of heart"

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Tyson Alualu re-signs with the Steelers after a "change of heart"

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Tyson Alualu re-signs with the Steelers after a "change of heart"

Oh snap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

that is HUGE
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

*Waits on the news of AV and Conner being re-signed*

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Love this! A history of treating players like people and not just like commodities gets results like this. Cam Sutton, JuJu, and now Alualu. I don’t care one way or the other but this could also be why the Outlaw has considered coming back. I know Conner wants to come back. Cap casualties VW and Nelson may consider a return for less too. The money to be made is in 2022.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Brooke Pryor
    @bepryor

Tyson Alualu is staying Pittsburgh after changing his mind on going back to Jacksonville, source confirms.
    @TomPelissero
    on it first.

Hard to understate how huge that is for the Steelers. There wasn't an obvious heir to Alualu's role as a nose tackle and consistent player on DL

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1...5Es1_&ref_url=

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Love this! A history of treating players like people and not just like commodities gets results like this. Cam Sutton, JuJu, and now Alualu. I don’t care one way or the other but this could also be why the Outlaw has considered coming back. I know Conner wants to come back. Cap casualties VW and Nelson may consider a return for less too. The money to be made is in 2022.
    Excellent points.

I hate to harp on this, but this is the kinda thing that makes me so dead set on pushing against the posts that argue the Steelers have a locker room or culture problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Goal in life:

Find someone as excited to see you return as Cam Heyward is about Tyson Alualu.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Great news.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Goal in life:

Find someone as excited to see you return as Cam Heyward is about Tyson Alualu.
    Twitter stuff?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Twitter stuff?
    Yep

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Good depth, but still need to see a D lineman drafted IMO.

This D line is getting older than Smith, Hampton, Keisel were at the end.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

that is HUGE
    almost as huge as my D, son

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I was hoping we could keep both Wormley & Alualu. It would be nice we we could keep Conner for a #2 RB

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Good depth, but still need to see a D lineman drafted IMO.

This D line is getting older than Smith, Hampton, Keisel were at the end.

No doubt.

You had to be the one to throw cold water on this feel good story, didn't you!

Seriously though, I think it's a great sign of where the culture is with this organization when you have guys choosing to stay here with better financial options elsewhere. I think it says a lot about the organization, the coaching staff, and the people in that locker room. Notice I said "people", not "players".

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I was hoping we could keep both Wormley & Alualu. It would be nice we we could keep Conner for a #2 RB
    I might be the only other one here who agrees with you about Conner, but I am hoping that as well. He is a better backup than Snell . In addition, Conner is perfect compliment as a number two for a rookie running back. Conner is a much better third down back than his reputation leads one to believe. He knows who to block to keep his 39 year old QB alive. He is relatively sure handed. And while not fleet of foot he turns north or south quickly after catching the ball and usually ends up picking up a few more yards.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Dline is still pretty down on the need list. It can wait in exchange for more pressing needs.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Colin Dunlap
    @colin_dunlap

Isaiah Buggs and Carlos Davis right now.

https://twitter.com/colin_dunlap/sta...64486377553932

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I like when players recognize value in non-tangible things such as keeping kids in school and valuing the roots already placed in a community. I hope he succeeds in his football endeavors but he has already succeeded in life.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Didn’t something similar happen a couple years ago with the Steelers and another player?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Has Bud Dupree signed his contract yet???

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Didn’t something similar happen a couple years ago with the Steelers and another player?
    If I recall, Ryan Clark was on his way to Miami and said nope, get some done with the Steelers. Brett Keisel too.... I think.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I like when players recognize value in non-tangible things such as keeping kids in school and valuing the roots already placed in a community. I hope he succeeds in his football endeavors but he has already succeeded in life.
    Agreed. Although, I think its easier for these guys, once they have made some money and have some financial security, like people in more traditional workplaces. Alualu has $34 million in career earnings and hopefully banked some of it away, so he doesnt need to chase the best contract value.

Similarly, when a young engineer, accountant, teacher, truck driver, etc. enters the workforce in their 20's, they chase the dollar until they build up some financial security. Then they are in a better position in their 30's and 40's to take jobs that may have better lifestyle attributes and are not necessarily the highest paying.

Anyways, good depth signing if he is cheap, but still need to draft some young talent , instead of relying on 34 year old defensive linemen to be the core of the front 3, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

This is huge!! I'm glad he changed his mind cause I think he is an impact player

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk