Thread: The Steelers Top 10 No. 2 Draft Picks since 1969

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The Steelers Top 10 No. 2 Draft Picks since 1969

The NFL draft is coming up and the Steelers will, once again, rely building heavily through the draft instead of free agency. There are some rounds that the Steelers excel in.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...land-bell-lake
    Last edited by Shoes; 03-27-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: The Steelers Top 10 No. 2 Draft Picks since 1969

The linebacking corps you could create from R2 alone would be All World!!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’d say they do okay with those LB picks in Rnd 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Unbelievable!

I still believe that Jack Ham may have been the better player between he and Jack Lambert.....but what an argument to have! Literally two of the best players to ever play their positions, and playing next to each other in the same LB group!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I've seen this hundreds of times but it is still funny!

Slobbering' Lambert Scared Elway

Nov 26, 1996

Most football fans would agree that John Elway has been winning games for the Denver Broncos for a long time, but how many know that the quarterback's NFL career almost ended before it started?
    Elway, who will lead the AFC West-leading Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks Sunday in Denver, recalled this fall that as a Bronco rookie in 1983, his debut was traumatic.
    On his first play, he looked across the line and saw middle linebacker Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers glaring at him.
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself," Elway said. "I'm thinking, `You can have your money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.'
    "I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
    Statistically, Elway was awful in that game, completing one of eight passes for 14 yards with an interception. And he was sacked four times.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Nov 26, 1996

Most football fans would agree that John Elway has been winning games for the Denver Broncos for a long time, but how many know that the quarterback's NFL career almost ended before it started?
    Elway, who will lead the AFC West-leading Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks Sunday in Denver, recalled this fall that as a Bronco rookie in 1983, his debut was traumatic.
    On his first play, he looked across the line and saw middle linebacker Jack Lambert of the Pittsburgh Steelers glaring at him.
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself," Elway said. "I'm thinking, `You can have your money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.'
    Statistically, Elway was awful in that game, completing one of eight passes for 14 yards with an interception. And he was sacked four times.

Those were the days!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Nov 26, 1996

The Tasmanian devil comes to mind.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Unbelievable!

I still believe that Jack Ham may have been the better player between he and Jack Lambert.....but what an argument to have! Literally two of the best players to ever play their positions, and playing next to each other in the same LB group!

Ham was without question the more technically sound player . not sure he ever made a mistake in terms of assignment or technique

Lambert was the enforcer and at todays big Safety size he was feared among his peers .. The man was a terror and isnt given enough credit to his rounded abilities as he could play in coverage as well as any backer of his era or he could come up and hit you in the mouth ( literally) at the LOS ... Lambert took no shit and wouldnt let you give any to his team mates any either without retaliation equal to or beyond anything you dished out
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now