Thread: NFL player Justin Herron credited with saving woman, 71, from "vicious attack"

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

NFL player Justin Herron credited with saving woman, 71, from "vicious attack"

NFL player Justin Herron credited with saving woman, 71, from 'vicious attack'

Wilson Wong

NFL player Justin Herron is being hailed as a hero for helping stop the attempted sexual assault of a 71-year-old retired teacher in Arizona.

"At that moment, I was in shock," Herron said at a press conference Wednesday, according to NBC affiliate KPNX. "I wish I could tell you what I was thinking, but I could just tell someone needed help. All I could do was rush myself over there to make sure I could help the victim and I could comfort her and be the best person I can be."

Officers responded to a report of an attack shortly after 11 a.m. Saturday at Kiwanis Park in Tempe, just east of Phoenix, according to authorities. The woman was on her daily walk in the park when she was approached by a man, police said.
    Authorities identified the man as Kevin Caballero, 30, who police said shoved the woman to the ground, "held her down and attempted to remove her pants."
    Herron said he and Murry Rogers, of Phoenix, were in the park when they heard screams for help and intervened in the attack. The New England Patriots reserve offensive lineman, who is 6 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs nearly 300 pounds, said he tried "not to be too aggressive" when he pulled the suspect away from the victim.

Read the rest here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Thank God they were there to help that poor woman out.

With all the bad you hear about NFL players, it's great to hear about something like this from Herron.

Three cheers for the Patriot!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: NFL player Justin Herron credited with saving woman, 71, from "vicious attack"

So much awful news in general nowadays I appreciate stories like this. Thanks for sharing

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: NFL player Justin Herron credited with saving woman, 71, from "vicious attack"

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    So much awful news in general nowadays I appreciate stories like this. Thanks for sharing

No problem. As soon as I saw the story, I had to post it here.

It helps to wash out the horrible taste in my mouth when you hear about all the bad things some NFL players do.

I hope everyone hears about something like this. Just someone being a good man and doing what's right....but it's powerful.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Thanks for posting this, nice to hear some good news. This scumbag probably couldn't wait for the police to get there. What a surprise it must have been for him to look up and see a guy towering over him at 6' 5" @ 300LBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Thanks for posting this, nice to hear some good news. This scumbag probably couldn't wait for the police to get there. What a surprise it must have been for him to look up and see a guy towering over him at 6' 5" @ 300LBS!

That's what you call having the right man for the job!