Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JuJu remains a Steeler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: JuJu remains a Steeler

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think Juju plays a little slow. He’s a possession receiver IMO.
    JuJu has two 97 yard TDs though. I think two...right? The one against Detroit he just flat out beat them to the end zone. I think there was one against Denver too? Or maybe he has just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    JuJu has two 97 yard TDs though. I think two...right? The one against Detroit he just flat out beat them to the end zone. I think there was one against Denver too? Or maybe he has just one.
    Yeah I saw them. He was playing opposite of the best WR in football. He doesn't have true separation speed like Metcalf, Hill, et al.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Juju may not be the fastest or have the best separation speed but he does everything else really well, route running, blocking, combat catches....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Jerry Rice was slow.
    Larry Fitzgerald is slow.
    JuJu Smith-Schister is slow.

I guess that I don’t mind slow.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah I saw them. He was playing opposite of the best WR in football. He doesn't have true separation speed like Metcalf, Hill, et al.
    But it’s not like playing along side AB slows down defenders covering or chasing JuJu.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jerry Rice was slow.

Yeah...I’ll take it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jerry Rice was slow.

Davante Adams and Juju are similar in size and forty time.

Adams has a better broad jump and vertical, plus he ran a 3 cone and Juju did not. Although I did find some reports that Juju was under 7 seconds at his pro day in a 3 cone.

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22492
    https://nflcombineresults.com/player...=Adams&i=20912

What is my rambling point? Juju is plenty fast and quick enough for his size to create the needed separation to be open in the NFL. What he may need to still refine is his route running and using technique to get even more separation. That is what Adams learned and perfected his first 3-4 years in the league. He also benefited from other WRs in the GB offense (Jennings, Nelson, etc) early in his career. And then he exploded as the #1 WR in the offense and became one of those WRs that is always open.

And basically he has the same physical skill set and body size as Juju. So...Juju is more than fast enough....but is he technically proficient enough? That remains to be seen. The biggest reason to run Juju out of the slot is that allows him a clean break off the line. That is one of the improvements Juju needs to make to his game. Be able to get off the LOS from any of the WR spots. Same with Claypool. The best get off is Johnson -- which is why he plays AB's old spot.

Flat 40-Time is nice but you rarely run a straight 40 in football. I look more at the 3-Cone and the Shuttle run and the 40-Time as a supplement to those. That start and stop/acceleration is more important most of the time than flat out speed.

Also, as a DB (or WR) you may run a little faster if your chasing someone...or being chased...lol.