Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JuJu remains a Steeler

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Re: JuJu remains a Steeler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Turned down the Eagles and Ravens to stay. Props!!
    He has a lot of my respect back just for that. I think he has been losing some focus on the field at times

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Damn Dennis Miller looks young.......that is Dennis Miller......isn’t it?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Damn Dennis Miller looks young.......that is Dennis Miller......isn’t it?
    no, that's Dana Carvey.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    no, that's Dana Carvey.
    I know that!!!!! Watch! Dennis Miller introduces him....I think

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I know that!!!!! Watch! Dennis Miller introduces him....I think
    you're right, that is a very young-looking Dennis Miller introducing him!

Brooke Pryor
    @bepryor

Mar 19

And, btw, JuJu re-signing in Pittsburgh wasn't just a longshot because of the Steelers cap situation for 2021. He's only the THIRD Steelers WR in the modern era of the organization to get a second contract. Joins Hines Ward and AB.

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1...5Es1_&ref_url=

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brooke Pryor
    @bepryor

Mar 19

And, btw, JuJu re-signing in Pittsburgh wasn't just a longshot because of the Steelers cap situation for 2021. He's only the THIRD Steelers WR in the modern era of the organization to get a second contract. Joins Hines Ward and AB.

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1...5Es1_&ref_url=
    That’s pretty crazy actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Pat McAfee Jokes JuJu Re-Signed In Pittsburgh To Spite Mark Madden

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/pa...e-mark-madden/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ike Taylor was on the Pat McAfee show saying how JuJu is a Steelers for life... and how JuJu is a more athletic version of Hines Ward. “Yea, he dances, but on the football field, there is no one more physical.”

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ike Taylor was on the Pat McAfee show saying how JuJu is a Steelers for life... and how JuJu is a more athletic version of Hines Ward. “Yea, he dances, but on the football field, there is no one more physical.”
    I'm not disagreeing with Ike, but in all honesty he was the worst analyst ever on NFL Network, and that's saying something.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Pat McAfee Jokes JuJu Re-Signed In Pittsburgh To Spite Mark Madden

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/pa...e-mark-madden/
    I love it. McAfee is fantastic and I'm all in on that joke.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with Ike, but in all honesty he was the worst analyst ever on NFL Network, and that's saying something.
    Ike has that Norleans accent that is thick and at times leaves me a second behind his point in comprehending, but I love listening to the guy. He is authentic, speaks from the heart and schematically knows football.

He explained how Troy blew up a fake FG that McAfee was supposed to run by instinctively lining up somewhere he normally didnt and Ike references the position on the field "boundary" as opposed to "field". Many people might not get that reference and I think at times Ike's combination of oozing bayou dialect and detail wasnt a great recipe for a lot of on camera stuff.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Ike has that Norleans accent that is thick and at times leaves me a second behind his point in comprehending, but I love listening to the guy. He is authentic, speaks from the heart and schematically knows football.

He explained how Troy blew up a fake FG that McAfee was supposed to run by instinctively lining up somewhere he normally didnt and Ike references the position on the field "boundary" as opposed to "field". Many people might not get that reference and I think at times Ike's combination of oozing bayou dialect and detail wasnt a great recipe for a lot of on camera stuff.
    Now imagine a conversation with the bayou n'awlins talking Ike Taylor (who was allowed to nap in Dan Rooney's office ) and talking to the Irish Pittsburgh Dan Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Now imagine a conversation with the bayou n'awlins talking Ike Taylor (who was allowed to nap in Dan Rooney's office ) and talking to the Irish Pittsburgh Dan Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So great. I would have paid money to be there and watch them read the newspaper to each other.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He knows football, but for me, the problem with most of these ex-players on the NFLN is that they don't study anymore and really don't know the scenario they're supposed to be breaking down. They simply rely on their football knowledge to talk their way through a segment. Ike was that way and his articulation was horrible.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ike may not have been the best TV analyst.

But, Ike knows Steelers football.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ike may not have been the best TV analyst.

But, Ike knows Steelers football.
    Ike Taylor calls JuJu Smith-Schuster an 'upgraded' Hines Ward

Curt Popejoy
    March 26, 2021

Ike Taylor was outspoken when he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and he’s become even more outspoken since his retirement. Taylor never hesitates to speak his mind when it comes to his former team and his latest appearance on the Pat McAfee show is proof of that.

For some, what Taylor said is absolute blasphemy. Taylor compared Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster to Pittsburgh legend Hines Ward and actually called Smith-Schuster an upgraded version of Ward.

The comparisons between Smith-Schuster’s game and Ward’s are obvious. But I’m not sure if I’m ready to call Smith-Schuster an upgrade over one of the greatest wide receivers in franchise history and a guy with 1,000 career receptions.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...mith-schuster/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He has a lot of Hines’ traits and he is faster than Hines.

He has a lot of Hines’ traits and he is faster than Hines.
    Hines 40 time was 4.55 and Juju's was 4.54. So you are technically correct.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

What is Mark Madden's beef with JuJu, and for that matter why does he incessantly complain or slight both the Steelers and Penguins organizations? I don't live in the Pittsburgh area, and only know him from some of the articles linked on the home page of this site.

A person can disagree and question the moves a franchise may make, or a player's performance, but he seems vitriolic as he never seems to have anything positive to say. I would think he does not really pull for the Steelers and Penguins to do well at all, so that he can sit back and write or talk about how bad he thinks they are. It seems that he gets joy from this.

I think he should move to a town and write about professional sports team that continuously struggle to win and make the playoffs, like Detroit or something. Pittsburgh has been very successful overall compared to other city's pro teams (....Pirates excepted here....).

JuJu remains a Steeler

Hines 40 time was 4.55 and Juju's was 4.54. So you are technically correct.
    Hines seemed to play a lot slower than that.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

He needed the time to look for who to hit on each play.

I think Juju plays a little slow. He’s a possession receiver IMO.

I think Juju plays a little slow.
    he looks really fast here:

he looks really fast here:

That’s the kind of fast I’ve come to value in Juju.

JuJu remains a Steeler

That’s the kind of fast I’ve come to value in Juju.
    I guess Hines played fast then too!!

I guess Hines played fast then too!!

Thus the comparison!! Can you imagine the two of them on the same team? I will say that Hines was way more active with his hits. Of course, they were legal back then, until...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This discussion is awesome!

I still think the Steelers should draft a WR this draft even with signing JuJu. First, it’s only for 1yr. 2nd, Wash is coming up on his last season. AND, DJ is going to have to improve on his drops. I think this position ‘could’ become a weakness very quickly. Guys who love to block, enjoy seeing teammates make plays, and want to win above all.

Thus the comparison!! Can you imagine the two of them on the same team? I will say that Hines was way more active with his hits. Of course, they were legal back then, until...
    I think Hines was a closet LB. I’d be embarrassed to have a video on me as a DB or LB, getting blown up by a WR. Imagine being the victim of the creation of the, “Hines Ward” rule. How many Steelers fan do you think offered to pay Juju’s fine, when he laid the wood on Burfict. I know I did.
    Last edited by Hawkman; 03-27-2021 at 08:43 PM.