Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Well this has gone sideways a little bit...

Maybe he wants a long term deal and the Steelers aren’t willing to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Oh, jeez...

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Great...Another hole that will need to be filled. Add CB to the list of possible 1st round picks...unless they are confident in Sutton.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Well this has gone sideways a little bit...

Maybe he wants a long term deal and the Steelers aren’t willing to do it?
    yes, he reportedly is seeking a contract extension.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Remember the years when the DBs were so bad and now they have something nice going...is it all going to be blown up again? Losing Haden or Sutton along with Hilton could be devastating to this defense. You HAVE to have 3 very good CBs to compete in this league...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Great...Another hole that will need to be filled. Add CB to the list of possible 1st round pick
    if only we knew how to draft them.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This sucks. I suppose Sutton can take his spot but who can play slot?

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Hmmm.....if Steven Nelson leaves this makes me think the team may go after Kyle Fuller. He is a good CB and I know the Steelers liked him when he was coming out. Maybe the Steelers go ahead and just release Nelson soon if a trade does not materialize quickly so that they can sign Fuller?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

ugh ... best we would likely get would be a 3rd round pick ... you can't replace his play for that IMO at least not with a year 1 rookie
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I had a feeling Tomlin/Colbert would keep Haden. He's a Tomlin guy. Whether you like Joe or not, he wasn't going anywhere.

(Watch tomorrow he gets cut or something wild. LOL)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Nelson pulled this crap annually in KC... it is why they let him go.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

He has a $14million cap hit this year. If they can find a trade and take that off the Steelers hands, then it clears the way to draft somebody, or find someone in Free agency as well. I like Nelson, but tough times with the salary cap and I think they really like James Pierre and/or Justin Layne.

Need volunteers, not hostages.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    every team that has gotten rid of Nelson has been to the SB every year.

we are back baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He has a $14million cap hit this year. If they can find a trade and take that off the Steelers hands, then it clears the way to draft somebody, or find someone in Free agency as well. I like Nelson, but tough times with the salary cap and I think they really like James Pierre and/or Justin Layne.

Need volunteers, not hostages.
    Pierre played some dime didn't he? Replacing Justin Layne in rotation. Is Pierre suited for the outside or is Sutton really the best option to replace Nelson

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Pierre played some dime didn't he? Replacing Justin Layne in rotation. Is Pierre suited for the outside or is Sutton really the best option to replace Nelson
    Pierre has that size 6'2 but he is thin at a buck 85 ...

I hope if we move Nelson we come to the table with a better plan than 2 very inexperienced players in Pierre and Lane to battle out for the starter job ...

if you lose Nelsons contract then use that money to sign someone to take his place ..

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Depends on the trade. Everything I own is for sale, for the right price.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Sutton is the next best cover CB the Steelers have. But he can play inside or outside and if he replaces Nelson, then who plays slot? James Pierre at 6'2" 185lbs is too big to play with quicker slot receivers, but has the height, length and feet to match up well on the outside.

When Hilton was out, the Steelers put Layne on the outside and moved Nelson inside with Sutton in Dime. When Haden was out with Covid, Pierre got the job at Left Corner, when Sutton and Hilton moved inside in Dime. At this point, the CB room isnt as thin as some may think.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    every team that has gotten rid of Nelson has been to the SB every year.

we are back baby!!!
    It's science!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I had a feeling Tomlin/Colbert would keep Haden. He's a Tomlin guy. Whether you like Joe or not, he wasn't going anywhere.

(Watch tomorrow he gets cut or something wild. LOL)
    Haden is the new DHB

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Realistically, what do you think he could get... 3rd rounder? 4th

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    I'd take a R3 pick... because, it also frees up $14 million in cap space.

San Diego State Pro day next week. Darren Hall- CB. 5'11" , 189lbs. His 40 time and short shuttle will indicate if he can play outside or if he is slot corner, but has quick feet on tape.

Kyle Fuller just got cut.
    Adoree Jackosn just got cut.
    Plus, there are a dozen tier-2 corners on the market right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    San Diego State Pro day next week. Darren Hall- CB. 5'11" , 189lbs. His 40 time and short shuttle will indicate if he can play outside or if he is slot corner, but has quick feet on tape.
    Don't tease me. Every year I watch SDSU send DBs to the NFL, and every year I think, "This is the year that an Aztec pans out!!!"

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Considering it's his contract year, new team will probably want a new contract so is he, and that won't come cheap. Mesh that with public demand, and you'll get 5th rounder tops. Hopefully I'm terribly wrong on this one.

Послато са Mi A1 помоћу Тапатока

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Considering it's his contract year, new team will probably want a new contract so is he, and that won't come cheap. Mesh that with public demand, and you'll get 5th rounder tops. Hopefully I'm terribly wrong on this one.

You're probably not wrong. I was being hopeful.
    His money would have to go towards a FA replacement.

BUT, the fact that we currently don't hold a 5th round pick, would be something of a bonus.
    Pretty big gap between our 4th and 6th pick. I'm sure we could come up with something, even if it's not a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post

I could see a 5th being the low .... the dream being a 3rd ..... the likely a 4th .... and I could live with a 4th if it happens quickly enough that we could then sign Fuller or Jackson ...

I think for a 5th ( if I was in charge ) I make him stay and earn a new deal from some other team and take the compensatory pick

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Haden is the new DHB

Except he's actually good at football!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm thinking Nelson is a starting NFL caliber CB. He will get multiple picks or no trade. I would ask for a 2nd and 5th, or a 3rd and 4th. OR I keep my starting CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm thinking Nelson is a starting NFL caliber CB. He will get multiple picks or no trade. I would ask for a 2nd and 5th, or a 3rd and 4th. OR I keep my starting CB.
    the team trading for him would have to agree on a new contract with Nelson first.

no one is going to give you much for a 1 year player.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Is that right? Didn’t realize that...