Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

I'll take Nelson back before Bell.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Nelson signs w/the Iggles. One year contract

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    for less money than he was making in Pittsburgh ( 8.25 million ) ..

1 year deal worth a reported 4 million
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    for less money than he was making in Pittsburgh ( 8.25 million ) ..

1 year deal worth a reported 4 million
    Well, the Steelers were clearly holding him hostage by wanting to pay him more than double what he’s worth on the open market.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Another guy that is clearly worth far more than he got paid. I will never understand NFL contract valuation.

Clearly neither does Steven Nelson and his agent.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Another guy that is clearly worth far more than he got paid. I will never understand NFL contract valuation.

Clearly neither does Steven Nelson and his agent.
    I think I understand what you mean by “worth” but in purely economic terms, by definition he is getting paid what he’s worth on the current market. Worth, in economic terms, is the most anyone is willing to pay for your services (that you are willing to accept).

The 2020 season, and perhaps his attitude, hurt his value. If he’d been a free agent after 2019 he’d have scored a mega deal.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I think I understand what you mean by “worth” but in purely economic terms, by definition he is getting paid what he’s worth on the current market. Worth, in economic terms, is the most anyone is willing to pay for your services (that you are willing to accept).

The 2020 season, and perhaps his attitude, hurt his value. If he’d been a free agent after 2019 he’d have scored a mega deal.
    That must be it. Because if you look at what CBs that are not as good on the field as Nelson are getting paid...he is just badly underpaid.

But you have a good point about how quickly the NFL market changes. It will be interesting to see what happens in the 2022 FA period...lots of guys looking to get to the market that season and a big jump in the cap...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That must be it. Because if you look at what CBs that are not as good on the field as Nelson are getting paid...he is just badly underpaid.

But you have a good point about how quickly the NFL market changes. It will be interesting to see what happens in the 2022 FA period...lots of guys looking to get to the market that season and a big jump in the cap...
    That’s a good point. I haven’t been paying too much attention to specific deals around the NFL, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more one year deals this year than usual. This would make sense from the perspective of unusually cap strapped teams as well players who might hope to take advantage of better potential overall deals next year.

I think Juju was smart not to test the market this year, and instead stay with the team that he knows and loves, knowing that the Steelers (and the league in general) will have more cap money next year. Also, traditionally the Steelers have rewarded loyalty.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Figured it was only a matter of time before they signed him…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler