Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I'll take the under on that.

Me too.

He is a pain in the ass to management.

He is never satisfied with his pay.

His level of play dropped significantly last season.

The next team will be his third in the last 4 years.

Not a recipe for getting a great, high-paying, long-term contract.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Me too.

He is a pain in the ass to management.

He is never satisfied with his pay.

His level of play dropped significantly last season.

The next team will be his third in the last 4 years.

Not a recipe for getting a great, high-paying, long-term contract.
    Seems like he learned his negotiating skills from Darelle Revis…minus the leverage called “All Pro Talent”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

He was the 36th ranked CB in the NFL last season or something like that according to whatever ranking people usually throw out in these articles.

My only argument is that this is one of those fairly typical times where Steelers fans have set up a narrative that Nelson is spoiled ego maniac who would be lucky to don the black and gold and might be borderline able to play in the NFL...vet minimum...blah....blah...yadda...yadda....and then he mysteriously signs for decent coin somewhere.

Will it be a long term deal? Not likely. Will it be for a year with a fake year tacked on? Likely. But I bet he gets paid pretty darn well.

Heck, I found 3 different Steelers focused websites arguing that Nelson should resign here for $8 million on a one year deal...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Heck, I found 3 different Steelers focused websites arguing that Nelson should resign here for $8 million on a one year deal...
    pretty sure Nelson burned the bridge of coming back to the Steelers with his hostage comment.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

pretty sure Nelson burned the bridge of coming back to the Steelers with his hostage comment.
    Undoubtedly.

I also think that Sutton’s cameo appearances outside in place of Haden last season presented the team with a cheaper option.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We will likely never know the complete truth from both sides, but NFL bridges are seldom truly 'burned'. I'm not saying I expect Nelson back but it would not shock me either. As for what he signs for, I hope he gets the most he can.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d be willing to bet that the reason he’s not signed yet is that money is the issue. The number of teams that can use a veteran CB is pretty, pretty long…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d be willing to bet that the reason he’s not signed yet is that money is the issue. The number of teams that can use a veteran CB is pretty, pretty long…
    That very well might be true. There is also no incentive for any team to sign anyone right now. Better to keep your cap # where it is and run the rookies and "unknown quantity" players through OTAs and rookie minicamps this early in the off-season process. Then, come mid to late July when camp starts...take a look at the veteran "known quantity" FA lists and see what you want to try and patch roster holes with.

Or...I am way out to lunch on this and no NFL team is in a hurry to sign Nelson for over the vet minimum of around $1.5 million. Wouldn't be the first or the last time that I got an NFL FA prediction waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

maybe I am mistaken but I can't seem to find him even having been brought in anywhere for a visit ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

maybe I am mistaken but I can't seem to find him even having been brought in anywhere for a visit ....
    There’s been plenty of rumors on teams being interested in him. Whether those are true, we don’t know but there hasn’t been a shortage of rumored interest.

Fowler listed about half the league at one point last month…but Nelson was still waiting for the “right fit and opportunity” at that stage.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    There’s been plenty of rumors on teams being interested in him. Whether those are true, we don’t know but there hasn’t been a shortage of rumored interest.

Fowler listed about half the league at one point last month…but Nelson was still waiting for the “right fit and opportunity” at that stage.
    Yeah, last I heard he was predicted to go to Arizona

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Yeah, last I heard he was predicted to go to Arizona
    You mean the Steelers western branch?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers Depot
    Steelersdepot

Jun 23

Steven Nelson reportedly wants to sign for more than $3 million on a one-year deal, per the report on him. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Steelers Depot
    Steelersdepot

Jun 23

Steven Nelson reportedly wants to sign for more than $3 million on a one-year deal, per the report on him. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

so basically he is willing to now work for far less than he was scheduled to make on his prior contract with Pittsburgh ... lmao I love it when players over estimate their worth after making a series of bridge burning moves

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

so basically he is willing to now work for far less than he was scheduled to make on his prior contract with Pittsburgh ... lmao I love it when players over estimate their worth after making a series of bridge burning moves

You can't make this shit up....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Nothing wrong with betting on yourself as long as you’re willing to live with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Nothing wrong with betting on yourself as long as you’re willing to live with the results.

True....but the only reason he has to bet on himself is because he bitched about not making enough money, and decided to badmouth the organization.

It's the exact opposite of betting on himself because he was under contract and he wanted a huge new contract or extension even though he didn't play nearly as well as he did the year before.

He chose that path...now he has to walk it.

True....but the only reason he has to bet on himself is because he bitched about not making enough money, and decided to badmouth the organization.

It's the exact opposite of betting on himself because he was under contract and he wanted a huge new contract or extension even though he didn't play nearly as well as he did the year before.

its looking like its a bumpy winding road too ...

lets face it his play is WELL worth his current asking price ( that is far below his contract he complained about to get out of ) and it does not look like teams are jumping at the chance to sign him even at that number ...

makes one wonder what may have went on behind the scenes in KC and Pittsburgh that was not publicized through the media but internally teams know about ???

it has to be something more than we as fans know or teams would be bombarding him for his services at that price yet they are not

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

He chose……..” poorly”.

I can’t imagine why the Eagles have not signed him unless it has something to do with when they do and his tenure in the league.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Sounds like Steven Nelson needed to remember syrup sandwiches…

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Who would take him back at vet minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

i second that

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Hard pass. It's my belief that he now sucks. There's no evidence to the contrary.

No. I’d take him for $2.5-$3M on a one year deal. At the minimum, he’s probably going to be a huge distraction and whiner. Probably will be at $3M…but I think he’d be less of a whiner. If there was a guarantee that he’s just show up, practice and play…absolutely would take him at the minimum. He was an unsung hero in 2019 and wasn’t bad in 2020 either.

Had a formal big steak dinner and one of the guest kicked up his ass that we didnt also serve lobster so he was shown the door ....

we are now having cookout with hotdogs over an open fire , I do not think it to be wise to invite the same unhappy diner back for round 2 .....

that is exactly how I look at the once well paid Nelson in Pittsburgh for 3 million or less

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Had a formal big steak dinner and one of the guest kicked up his ass that we didnt also serve lobster so he was shown the door ....

we are now having cookout with hotdogs over an open fire , I do not think it to be wise to invite the same unhappy diner back for round 2 .....

that is exactly how I look at the once well paid Nelson in Pittsburgh for 3 million or less
    OK. The reality is that Steven Nelson has earned $21million in his 6 year career, so he can hire a caterer to serve him Wagu Ribeye Steak and Lobster if he wants.

He was due $8.25million in his final season on contract. I dont think the Steelers had any intention of paying him that, so the guy bet on himself for a longer deal and is still out there. I dont have any issue with a guy betting on his own skills and abilities, but he could have handled it better, just like some say the Steelers could have handled some other contract situations better.