Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Re: Steelers Grant CB Steven Nelson To Seek Trade

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He has a $14million cap hit this year. If they can find a trade and take that off the Steelers hands, then it clears the way to draft somebody, or find someone in Free agency as well. I like Nelson, but tough times with the salary cap and I think they really like James Pierre and/or Justin Layne.

Need volunteers, not hostages.
    Based on his pro-rated signing bonus and other restructures, trading or releasing Steven Nelson gives the Steelers back 8.25 million this season. This is why I say if they can't trade him quickly then just release him.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

0-16

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Good move by the Steelers, let him go, we don’t need locker room distractions, no matter how good the player is.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the team trading for him would have to agree on a new contract with Nelson first.

no one is going to give you much for a 1 year player.
    Most of them will be 1 year players this time.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Most of them will be 1 year players this time.
    Exactly There have been an unprecedented number of one-year deals this off season.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Where was Nelson ranked amongst corners league wide? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Where was Nelson ranked amongst corners league wide? Anyone know?
    Nelson: 78.1 PFF Grade since 2019 (T-11th)

https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsr...-seek-trade%2F

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Will be interesting to see what he brings back via trade. Probably looking at best a 5th round draft pick, though I would be interested in a player swap.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He has a $14million cap hit this year. If they can find a trade and take that off the Steelers hands, then it clears the way to draft somebody, or find someone in Free agency as well. I like Nelson, but tough times with the salary cap and I think they really like James Pierre and/or Justin Layne.

Need volunteers, not hostages.
    You're right. I'm thinking long term. He was a solid CB and it sucks because it took so long for the Steelers to get a good set of 4 CBs but 2022 brings more cap space and comp picks.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Haden is the new DHB

nah, he's the new deshea townsend im shocked he isnt our sencondary coach

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Haden is the new DHB
    Lol. Cmon! Haden has been worth his check.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah Haden and Minkah are the glue to the secondary.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

I could see a 5th being the low .... the dream being a 3rd ..... the likely a 4th .... and I could live with a 4th if it happens quickly enough that we could then sign Fuller or Jackson ...

I think for a 5th ( if I was in charge ) I make him stay and earn a new deal from some other team and take the compensatory pick
    Were not going to get much for him because of the circumstances I think. I'm guessing a 4th or something like the Jets 5th pick. At this point most teams will assume we are going to release him.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I didn't mean that in a negative way, only that Tomlin really like's him as he did DHB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The situation a few years back with LeVeon showed that the Steelersxare willing to hold their ground. If the Steelers don’t get adequate compensation, I could see them NOT trading Nelson... and if he fits out the season, he wouldn’t become a free agent.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sucks because Nelson is the best corner on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Sucks because Nelson is the best corner on the roster.
    True

That said, his career looks like this: average, average, average, average, EXCEPTIONAL, average.

As I argued in 2019, he was a top 5 corner... and I’ll die on that hill. Alas, he’s fallen back down to average (which is still loads better than we have had in a while).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    True

That said, his career looks like this: average, average, average, average, EXCEPTIONAL, average.

As I argued in 2019, he was a top 5 corner... and I’ll die on that hill. Alas, he’s fallen back down to average (which is still loads better than we have had in a while).
    Also true. He came back to his "mean" about from an amazing 2019. Bottom line, if I was Nelson I would want an extension and more money too. But I think he needs to learn to read the room....no one around the league has any money to give him. Now next year....

If I was in charge of the Steelers and I had to choose between Nelson and Haden....I would choose Nelson. I know that Haden getting shipped out would be a massive PR and locker-room problem but he is not the better on-field player any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Also true. He came back to his "mean" about from an amazing 2019. Bottom line, if I was Nelson I would want an extension and more money too. But I think he needs to learn to read the room....no one around the league has any money to give him. Now next year....

If I was in charge of the Steelers and I had to choose between Nelson and Haden....I would choose Nelson. I know that Haden getting shipped out would be a massive PR and locker-room problem but he is not the better on-field player any longer.
    The Steelers chose AB over Wallace, because Wallace wanted a payday and AB took a lesser deal to stay with the team. (I know, I know AB turned out to be a diva, but in 2014, he was just a young guy committed to the team).

More times than not, the Steelers will go with a “Steeler” over a “player causing a scene”. It’s why I’d go with Haden over Nelson. As someone already said “No hostages.”

The Steelers chose AB over Wallace, because Wallace wanted a payday and AB took a lesser deal to stay with the team. (I know, I know AB turned out to be a diva, but in 2014, he was just a young guy committed to the team).

More times than not, the Steelers will go with a “Steeler” over a “player causing a scene”. It’s why I’d go with Haden over Nelson. As someone already said “No hostages.”
    Totally agree. I fully expect Nelson to be shipped out of town within the week. The Rooney’s will help him pack.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Is this really something Nelson has done in the past with the Chiefs? I mean he did play with Revis for a little bit...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is this really something Nelson has done in the past with the Chiefs? I mean he did play with Revis for a little bit...
    Seems like he had issue w/the Chiefs fans. I'm not sure about his relationship w/Reid or the assistant coaches

Alas, yes

Case in point: During the time of him wanting an extension with the Chiefs, there was an incident in the lockerroom where a reporter was asking him questions about the game, and Nelson’s ONLY response (over & over) was “Pay me.”

Alas, yes

Case in point: During the time of him wanting an extension with the Chiefs, there was an incident in the lockerroom where a reporter was asking him questions about the game, and Nelson’s ONLY response (over & over) was “Pay me.”
    I had no idea. I thought he was always a good dude and just a quiet player. Had that one all wrong...lol.

I had no idea. I thought he was always a good dude and just a quiet player. Had that one all wrong...lol.
    I found the video footage...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steve Nelson
    @Nelson_Island

Jun 3, 2020

I left kc bc I didn’t want to be there bum they offered what makes you mfs think they didn’t I didn’t like the system so I left

https://twitter.com/Nelson_Island/st...243263046.html

I found the video footage...

I thought you really found it at first. Lol.

Examining The Trade Value Of Steelers CB Steven Nelson

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/ex...steven-nelson/

Need to get JuJu on the Adoree Jackson recruitment trip!!!